+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hash Table for BT? Integrated with emule?

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150

Hash Table for BT? Integrated with emule?

When using BT, is there a way to recognise previously downloaded files and then exclude them from the torrent?
    For example there is “A.torrent” with 100 files, having downloaded it onto hdd I look for more sources. I find “B.torrent” and has around 60 unique and 40 with identical names as “A.torrent” now not one to waste others bandwidth :)- lol, is it possible to automatically exclude all file previously downloaded and just download the undownloaded ones?

Furthermore Is there a way to integrate emules hash table and this 'new' hash table for bt so that both p2p clients could use and not redownload unecessarily.

Is there any such thing? Im sure some will find it usefull.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    emulte SBI + utorr
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss16
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    When using BT, is there a way to recognise previously downloaded files and then exclude them from the torrent?
    For example there is “A.torrent” with 100 files, having downloaded it onto hdd I look for more sources. I find “B.torrent” and has around 60 unique and 40 with identical names as “A.torrent” now not one to waste others bandwidth :)- lol, is it possible to automatically exclude all file previously downloaded and just download the undownloaded ones?
    Downloading on the same folder;
    with hash check, only the missing part will be downloaded

about e2k links i guess some google will help further
    Bitlord V2 Released, Now Supports eDonkey | TorrentFreak
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (16.07.10)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    For example there is “A.torrent” with 100 files, having downloaded it onto hdd I look for more sources. I find “B.torrent” and has around 60 unique and 40 with identical names as “A.torrent” now not one to waste others bandwidth :)
    So a set of files both torrents offer are supposed to be the same, and you don't want to redownload them? You can copy those to the download folder for torrent B and act as 00houldu said (hash check before downloading), or download both A and B to the same directory and exclude the files that are the same for one of them when adding it.

Furthermore Is there a way to integrate emules hash table and this 'new' hash table for bt so that both p2p clients could use and not redownload unecessarily.
    It's not possible, BitTorrent and eD2K totally different networks. Well, BT isn't even a network, just a protocol.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Quote Originally Posted by 00houldu View Post
    Downloading on the same folder;
    with hash check, only the missing part will be downloaded
    Good idea but the point of having a hash table is so that you dont have to have every single file you have downloaded on disk and monitored by BT.

emule has a central database as as hash table that remembers every single file downloaded. You can then delete or store those files elsewhere offline never to be seen again by emule and emule will remember that those files have been downloaded before.

If someone has a 1 tb disk, im sure throughout your p2p life ur going to download much more than that, and you would rather del them or offline archive them instead of buying more hdd.

Quote Originally Posted by 00houldu View Post
    about e2k links i guess some google will help further
    Bitlord V2 Released, Now Supports eDonkey | TorrentFreak
    I saw and its a very good feature but can this integrate existing emule hash tables and provide hash tables for all BT files in a central database where the two can be matched for duplicates?

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    So a set of files both torrents offer are supposed to be the same, and you don't want to redownload them? You can copy those to the download folder for torrent B and act as 00houldu said (hash check before downloading), or download both A and B to the same directory and exclude the files that are the same for one of them when adding it.
    as above 1st reply

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It's not possible, BitTorrent and eD2K totally different networks. Well, BT isn't even a network, just a protocol.
    Im not looking to cross protocal download as what your suggesting or multi-protocol download as what shareaza is doing. Im hoping for a feature built into BT and emule or a 3rd party app that can do [as above.] make hash table for all downloaded files in BT and be able to cross reference the hash table in emule. this way in future if emule or BT sees a file it can cross reference both databases and check if it has been downloaded before. And then you the user is able to make a decision as to whether or not to redownload the file.
    Last edited by saebrtooth; 26.02.10 at 00:47.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    So you want your client to remember what you have downloaded in the past, even if the files have been deleted since then? Remove it from your client, load it again, untick all files in the "Add..." window, delete the tracker URL, and add it as stopped. That's what I do to avoid redownloading the same music albums.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (26.02.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    yh thats the thing I have been spoiled by emule. Although its extremely easy to use but thats all because of the hard work the programmers and coders did in the background to make it extrememy easy to use.

If we have dl say 1000 torrents it makes it harder and harder to keep track of things and a bore and chore to retrieve your backups.

Me stupid me wants automation
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread