Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Ghostleeching Tutorial + Mod

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss8
    but if i change my IP/mac ,utorrent port number completely they see that some one is ghostleecher! but dont know who?....but if they can see one download 1% of file before they can find that he is a ghostleecher!
    is there any other way that they can find the ghostleecher?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    but if i change my IP/mac ,utorrent port number completely they see that some one is ghostleecher!
    That'll protect you against staff looking for the IP that announced in the swarm, yes. They can still find you if what I described above is given. But that's very unlikely to happen.

is there any other way that they can find the ghostleecher?
    If you don't stop the torrent before removing the tracker URL, advanced scripts could detect this, too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

im4x (22.09.09)

Do any of you guys know the insides of a .torrent file?

like suppose i download a .torrent file from a public tracker(which is also available on a private tracker). When i changed the announce url to a private tracker i'm not able to download the file. Do trackers edit the .torrent file or it has something to do with HASH
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by mangathala2002 View Post
    it has something to do with HASH
    How do you want to download the torrent from a private tracker after changing the URL if it isn't tracking it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    How do you want to download the torrent from a private tracker after changing the URL if it isn't tracking it?
    But if the private tracker is also tracking the torrent then i should be able to download it right?

But that's where the problem is! I'm not able to download the torrent.

Here's what i did: Download the .torrent file from the tpb/demonoid (lets say its a scene release so that same torrent is also available on a private tracker). I then open it in ut and change the announce URL to my private tracker announce URL. But when i did that i was not able to download the torrent ? My question is WHY?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Even if it's the same torrent, the SHA1 hash will be different. You're out of luck with this.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

mangathala2002 (20.10.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss57
    hello there, this seems quite interesting, so at trackers with low security like TL should work wonders, right?

at TL, wich is safer, this or the RF?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    well on TL ghostleeching won't have much effect cause they count the announces and if you're ghostleeching there're no announces.
    that aside you would have a snatchlist full of downloads stopped at like 2.3% or so. looks suspicious and TL have a permanent snatchlist
    Last edited by Instab; 10.11.09 at 06:05.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss57
    what do you mean by "much effect"?? get me banned or work great? regarding the announces i know they count but it would be just fine, i dl a few mb and announced once, then cancelled, that's what you would see....
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    edit .....

---------- Post added at 06:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    what do you mean by "much effect"?? get me banned or work great? regarding the announces i know they count but it would be just fine, i dl a few mb and announced once, then cancelled, that's what you would see....
    yes, sorry, i've never tried that on TL but be sure to change the ip before and after the download.
    i would however not recommend to use that on TL. there're simpler ways to get even there ...
    Last edited by Instab; 10.11.09 at 05:55.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by VwTE1r View Post
    that aside you would have a snatchlist full of downloads stopped at like 2.3% or so. looks suspicious and TL have a permanent snatchlist
    If you stop the torrent before removing the tracker URL, yes. But you'll look like you got the wrong torrent and deleted it after realizing this. Also, entries on TL's snatchlist clear after a few weeks/months. Add their 160000+ users on top of that... they're not Waffles, where snatchlists keep the info of deleted torrents and even pruned users.

If you do it without stopping it (which works fine at TL), yes, this is suspicious. Your PC/network could've crashed, but your client would report to the tracker as soon as you're up again. But chances they notice this are very, very slim.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you stop the torrent before removing the tracker URL, yes. But you'll look like you got the wrong torrent and deleted it after realizing this.
    sure, depends on how often this is done.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss57
    hmm, i dl lots of shows, 10+ torrents a week makes it really risky, better RF from time to time, thanks!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    hmm, i dl lots of shows, 10+ torrents a week makes it really risky, better RF from time to time, thanks!
    on TL i would recommend GT or RF resp. "seeding" with other tools to keep a decent buffer.
    more here: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...?threadid=6762
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    TV shows have the advantage of having lots of leechers. You can easily make a good buffer with them, then hit & run them using a NoComplete uTorrent mod when it's high enough.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast