Scc Banned all Egyptian Members

Do not you think that this racism?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    No ... it has nothing to do with racism ... it is because many Egyptians are cheaters.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    I agree with CindyVer.
    It's their site and therefore it's their right to do so.

But I don't like that policy to protect a site for cheaters, there are a lot of good Egyptian users for sure.
    Last edited by shoulder; 26.08.08 at 13:32.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze SB-I 3.1.1.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss147
    Alot of trackers also ban Turkish IP's because they also cheat alot.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss166
    I think they mostly ban due to low bandwidth. for example if a country has 95%modem then they will ban those members because they have too slow connection and won't be able to upload with high speeds and the chance of them starting to cheat is high. But i think it's mostly for the connection speed.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    A lot of trackers ban whole countries because of many cheaters coming from there, it's just "easier" for them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private Beta
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3730
    Yes, agree with snake 100%. That´s the exactly reason.

regards

RB

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakedoctor View Post
    I think they mostly ban due to low bandwidth. for example if a country has 95%modem then they will ban those members because they have too slow connection and won't be able to upload with high speeds and the chance of them starting to cheat is high. But i think it's mostly for the connection speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
    Yes, agree with snake 100%. That´s the exactly reason.

You make it sound as if they ban country-IP ranges just because in some countries they have poor bandwidth and connection-speed.

I beg to differ, it's a phenomenon you see on all major trackers. Members of some countries are for 85 to 90% cheaters and in those cases the tracker-staff decide to ban them all. It is sad for the minority of good users off course, but you can see that some trackers open up for good users with static IP's, even in banned countries and not always because these members happen to have a fast connection.

Some tracker-admins have banned their own country. And it is very normal that countries with poor connections have more cheaters than f.e. Swedish members where 20MB/s connection is the standard!
    Last edited by CindyVer; 26.08.08 at 18:15.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Hey Hytham,I got myself banned right after I made my account,I grabbed a couple of torrents,downloaded them @ high speeds,then once I clicked on Home button,a following message with "This Account Has Been Disabled" came up !! Well,IMO It sux yeah BIG Time,but you know as the guys said,if you own something you force rules right there on your own mind (Rules sometimes can be a state of mind u know)...

@Cindy: man you are a Cheater,so what's the difference between an Egyptian Cheater & a xxx Cheater,every one here cheats including you Cindy (otherwise you won't be here),so it's not that SCC banned Egyptian users ONLY,a couple of trackers lately banned a tiny list of : Egypt,Israel,Turkey & Russia ..etc since they think that most of their users are cheater or else (who cares anyway),also Snakey is right on something,IMO part of their decision is based on User's Connection Speed,for example,myself I applied to be an uploader on a tracker 2 days ago,one of the terms there was that you should have a good upload speed of 800Kbs+ in order to be qualified,even that I talked to 2 of the Admins there convincing them that they can disregard that term since I already met the other terms successfully,but you know they were hard headed suckers...Anyway,in other words,I know that it sux being banned for no reason (at least a reasonable reason),but you know,we need them more than they do need us
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss44
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyVer View Post
    No ... it has nothing to do with racism ... it is because many Egyptians are cheaters.
    This not good reason ... Egypt also has many good users ... cheaters u can find them at any country not just in Egypt .... they must ban only cheaters not all members from one country .... so Scc can Banned all the world if we accept with ur opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by shoulder View Post
    I agree with CindyVer.
    It's their site and therefore it's their right to do so.
    If we talk from this point then the perfect answer will be ... racism

Quote Originally Posted by Logitech View Post
    Alot of trackers also ban Turkish IP's because they also cheat alot.
    just ban cheaters not all turkish members ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snakedoctor View Post
    I don't think tht they ban because low speeds ... Professional Cheaters cheats with low speeds if we accept with ur opinion then all cheaters will banned even if he was professional one

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    A lot of trackers ban whole countries because of many cheaters coming from there, it's just "easier" for them.
    also we can call this racism cause not all members there cheaters ... they can ban just cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    Hey Hytham,I got myself banned right after I made my account,I grabbed a couple of torrents,downloaded them @ high speeds,then once I clicked on Home button,a following message with "This Account Has Been Disabled" came up !! Well,IMO It sux yeah BIG Time,but you know as the guys said,if you own something you force rules right there on your own mind (Rules sometimes can be a state of mind u know)...

@Cindy: man you are a Cheater,so what's the difference between an Egyptian Cheater & a xxx Cheater,every one here cheats including you Cindy (otherwise you won't be here),so it's not that SCC banned Egyptian users ONLY,a couple of trackers lately banned a tiny list of : Egypt,Israel,Turkey & Russia ..etc since they think that most of their users are cheater or else (who cares anyway),also Snakey is right on something,IMO part of their decision is based on User's Connection Speed,for example,myself I applied to be an uploader on a tracker 2 days ago,one of the terms there was that you should have a good upload speed of 800Kbs+ in order to be qualified,even that I talked to 2 of the Admins there convincing them that they can disregard that term since I already met the other terms successfully,but you know they were hard headed suckers...Anyway,in other words,I know that it sux being banned for no reason (at least a reasonable reason),but you know,we need them more than they do need us
    Last edited by Haytham; 27.08.08 at 01:13.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Haytham: maybe you find it racism and perhaps there's a bit of that, but how can they know which egyptian IP will cheat and which one will not?
    CindyVer didn't negate that there are also non-cheating egyptian users, but there's no way the staff can't know who's who, and if, for example, 80% of members from a country have cheated and been banned, from their point of view it's easier to just ban the whole country.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss44
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    but how can they know which egyptian IP will cheat and which one will not?
    but there's no way the staff can't know who's who, and if, for example, 80% of members from a country have cheated and been banned, from their point of view it's easier to just ban the whole country.
    Since they have succeeded in detecting cheaters, then they must ban only Cheaters not all members .. this will be fair if they do tht .

but now , all of us see clearly tht Scc staff Banned also with cheaters many good users without any proper reason ... so there is no answer bout tht .. it's only racism .
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    They ban cheaters after they have been caught.
    I understand what you mean , but there's no way they can know whether someone's a cheater or not having just his IP address...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    They ban cheaters after they have been caught.
    And it's well known that they're not good at this.

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    know whether someone's a cheater or not having just his IP address ...
    IMO that's partly true.
    If the "cheater" has a static IP or uses more than one tracker at once and he get banned elsewhere, the IP address might be enough to ban him also on SCC.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (27.08.08)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Quote Originally Posted by shoulder View Post
    IMO that's partly true.
    If the "cheater" has a static IP or uses more than one tracker at once and he get banned elsewhere, the IP address might be enough to ban him also on SCC.
    You're right with that. I forgot to consider trackers may also share this info
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast