Closed Thread

Thread: BCG SP System (dumbed down version)

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88

BCG SP System (dumbed down version)

jacksbi wanted me to post this, if the staff dont agree with it, feel free to do what you wish.

Simple version:

Just seed and the system does the rest (this is if you cant be bothered to read the rest lol)

More complicated version:

Every torrent apart from recycled torrents (will get to those later) have a 20:1 seeder leecher ratio, this basically means if the seeder-leecher ratio is less than 20:1 you do not get SP on that torrent, until there is more than a 20:1 ratio.

50 seeders - 2 leechers = yes you will get it as it is 25:1
    50 seeders - 5 leechers = no you wont get it as the ratio is 10:1

The idea behind this is that the seeders will not limit their upload, as they will want the leecher to finish ASAP, so they can carry on getting SP, so the leecher gets it quicker, its a win win situation.

Torrents under 800meg in size, have a 1.5 days wait time to start SP
    Torrents above 800meg in size have a 3 days wait time to start SP.

1 SP is equivilant to 100meg, so a 4 gig torrent will have a 40 SP cost.

The minimum SP cost is 8, even if its a 1meg patch, the min is still 8.

Now some scenarios. (rememebr you already have the game, you can play it, its not like normal wait times, where you cant even download what you want until the wait time is over)

700meg game = 1.5 days wait time, then 8 SP. so if you upload 0 on it, you will have to seed the torrent for 36 + 8 = 42 hours

4 gig torrent = 3 days wait time then 40 SP so if you upload 0 on it you will have to seed it for 72 hours + 40 hours = 112 hours.

But lets say you manage to upload 2 gig on that torrent. the cost will will come down to 20 so the time will be 72 hours + 20 hours = 92 hours, same as if you upload 3 gig 82 hours.

remember 0.8 and under is a hit and run, so if you seed properly to a 0.8 ratio per torrent, you can stop it, but a lot of members like a clean history, so they go the extra mile.

Once SP meets cost, the ratio for that torrent will turn into 1:1 so 4 gig-4gig even if you did not manage to upload a byte on it, as long as you try we reward you, and if you limit your upload, with the 20:1 ratio i explained above, it will take you even longer to earn SP.

You can seed 999 torrents at once, and still get SP, also 10 torrents at a time get SP.

so you download 10 4 gig torrents, each one will take 112 hours, so in 112 hours all 10 will have leveled to a 1:1 ratio, it wont take you 1112 hours for the 10 torrents.

Donors do get bonuses to all of the above, but i wont go into that here.

Recycled Torrents:

These are download free. they also have the 20:1 ratio removed, and have 0 wait time, whatever the size.

If you download one of these, and you get SP on it to cost, the download you done, gets taken off your ratio, but you keep whatever you uploaded (you do not get the SP upload, just whatever you physically uploaded). The download is still on the actual torrent in your history, for your achievement table, but it does come off your ratio.

If you upload properly over the 1:1, then the download Does Not
    come off your ratio.

hope this is easy to understand, and its taken me ages to write lol

any questions just ask and i will try to help.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

mangathala2002 (11.08.10) , Velverde (10.08.10) , anonftw (09.08.10) , shoulder (09.08.10) , Cerberus (09.08.10) , caballero (09.08.10) , saebrtooth (09.08.10) , cheatos (09.08.10) , anon (09.08.10) , Vuze-Sbi (09.08.10) , jacksbi (09.08.10) , Extraterrestrial (09.08.10) , kazuya (09.08.10) , Instab (09.08.10) , BrianBosworth (09.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    jacksbi wanted me to post this, if the staff dont agree with it, feel free to do what you wish.
    it's fine. normally it would belong into the review thread but thinking of all the talk about it lately i think an extra thread is nice. adding a link to the review tho ...
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

I have a question regarding power failures which happens frequently to my pc nowadays, this usually cut off some of my actual download, so a game of 5GB which i obviously downloaded all of it would appear as if i only downloaded 4 GB, could this be considered partial leeching and a h&r warning will follow.
    One more thing, a h& r waning will follow if i didn't seed to get actual ratio or seed points within ......... ?? In other words, how many hours or days i can be disconnected from a torrent i didn't seed properly before i receive a h&r waning?
    Thanks in advance.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyojojo65 View Post
    I have a question regarding power failures which happens frequently to my pc nowadays, this usually cut off some of my actual download, so a game of 5GB which i obviously downloaded all of it would appear as if i only downloaded 4 GB, could this be considered partial leeching and a h&r warning will follow.
    One more thing, a h& r waning will follow if i didn't seed to get actual ratio or seed points within ......... ?? In other words, how many hours or days i can be disconnected from a torrent i didn't seed properly before i receive a h&r waning?
    Thanks in advance.
    i think h&r warning is given if you have more torrents which have ratio less than 0.8
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    but if you have a power cut how can you download the extra 1 gig, but lets say you "could" (well if you downloaded that in 30minutes or so and didnt do the last announce, but then the client sends a complete announce anyway) surely when you come back, your client will send a complete announce to the tracker, so it wont be incomplete, and you cant get a hit and run on an incomplete torrent (this is another reason we frown upon partial seeding).

Ok you have 24 hours after you have stopped the torrent before you get a hit and run on that torrent, likewise when you are gaining SP which I forgot to say. If you are gaining SP, then you leave the torrent for 24 hours or more, every hour you will gradually loose the SP you accumulated.

If you have too many hit and runs, we will never tell you how many, or how the points are worked out, you may go into Kitty Litter class, you cant go into this class with just a couple of Hit and runs though i will say that much, it takes a few torrents, then you cannot download anything, and can only seed those torrents in your history. to get out of KL you have to clear ALL your hit and runs, even if those were made 2 years ago, you still have to clear them to get promoted back to user again. (as its your fault for having them from 2 years ago, not ours).
    Last edited by stoi; 09.08.10 at 15:12.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Vuze-Sbi (09.08.10) , saebrtooth (09.08.10) , Extraterrestrial (09.08.10) , jacksbi (09.08.10)

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    but if you have a power cut how can you download the extra 1 gig, but lets say you "could" (well if you downloaded that in 30minutes or so and didnt do the last announce, but then the client sends a complete announce anyway) surely when you come back, your client will send a complete announce to the tracker, so it wont be incomplete, and you cant get a hit and run on an incomplete torrent (this is another reason we frown upon partial seeding).

Ok you have 24 hours after you have stopped the torrent before you get a hit and run on that torrent, likewise when you are gaining SP which I forgot to say. If you are gaining SP, then you leave the torrent for 24 hours or more, every hour you will gradually loose the SP you accumulated.

If you have too many hit and runs, we will never tell you how many, or how the points are worked out, you may go into Kitty Litter class, you cant go into this class with just a couple of Hit and runs though i will say that much, it takes a few torrents, then you cannot download anything, and can only seed those torrents in your history. to get out of KL you have to clear ALL your hit and runs, even if those were made 2 years ago, you still have to clear them to get promoted back to user again. (as its your fault for having them from 2 years ago, not ours).
    stoi that is my doubt why dont you reveal the secret how points work?
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    because we will have members calculating it themselves getting to 49 out of 50 say for arguments sake, then just never using the tracker again, or not clearing those ones ever. (abusing the system)
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (09.08.10) , Extraterrestrial (09.08.10) , jacksbi (09.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39504
    No worries, it's great that you post this here. I once made a simplified version of how your SP system works, but that was 2 years ago (so things may have changed), and it's buried on a huge BCG thread anyway.

What's better than a fresh post plus having an official reply to all possible doubts?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    because we will have members calculating it themselves getting to 49 out of 50 say for arguments sake, then just never using the tracker again, or not clearing those ones ever. (abusing the system)
    u can state that dont abuse the system if you do it we will warn you.

i think knowing the users about it will be a good idea and if anyone abuses the system you can warn him then ban him.
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    But its working fine the way it is, why would you possibly want to know, apart from to be nosey or abuse it, if you go into KL you have to get out of it, if you dont go into KL you are fine, but that next hit and run you do, could just put you over, it keeps the members on their toes and makes sure they dont get to greedy. (you can only play 1 game at a time after all)

and also different download amnounts, have varying hit and run point thresholds. the more you download the more leeway you get.
    Last edited by stoi; 09.08.10 at 18:17.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39504
    @Jack
    If you ran BCG and told your users there will be no extra consequences for hit & running as long as they don't make, say, 10 H&Rs, how many do you think will go and make 9 of them?

Technically, it wouldn't even be abusing the system (although you'd be breaking the hit & run rule, of course), people would be just staying under the limits the administration (in this hypothetical case, you).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    I would just like to add, why we came up with this system (even though they will all be self explanatory)

These are in no particular order.

Asymetric IPs:

We all know most home users, have a lopsided IP, and heavily favour the download over upload, so the Sp makes it easy for most home users to have a decent ratio.

Seedboxes:

These can be both good and evil, depending on how they are used. Seeding 400 gig of a 4 gig game in the first day, is evil (especially if 10 seedboxes are doing the same thing), staying on a torrent for a long time, and helping it out when it needs helping out is the good side (big packs for example), so this helps those members on newer games, even their ratio out and not get bullied by the seedbox members.

Hit and Running:

I seriously detest Hit and Running, and i should know, I used to do it all the time on public trackers before I made BCGs, limit my upload to the min, download at 10 meg, stop is as soon as it finished, there was also the donor situation, donate a bit of cash, get promoted to VIP hit and run all you like, pay again and do the same month after month. So we brought in the Hit and Run KL system, but without the SP system, we could not have the Hit and Run System (and vice versa). Also cheating/seedbox to buffer the account, so you can then proceed to rape the tracker of a lot of older torrents, then buffer a new torrent again and rinse and repeat.

Older Torrents/Retention:

Retention on a lot of trackers is rubbish, for the simple fact that after a week, either no one wants it, or members are scared to download it, because the chances of seeding it back, are slim to none, with SP you can download a torrent from 5 seconds ago, or 20 years ago (we havnt been going that long but its still true) and you can still lvl your ratio.

Cheating

This wasnt really a main reason, just an afterthought really, but because we make it so easy to keep your account, we do not have promotions on ratio, you dont get any special privilages on ratio, then what is the point of cheating, and what is so hard in keeping a torrent seeding for a few days. Yes membes still do because they dont want to seed for a few days, but then that involves the hit and run system, more than ratio, and there isnt a lot we can do about that, well we could just say, stop seeding as soon as you finish downloading, but then retention would be crap.

Everything on BCGs go hand in hand with each other, SP sytem, wait times, SP-cost, Hit and Run system etc etc etc, without 1 we couldnt have the other, and if we did get rid of both, we would have no torrents (or not 13,000 anyway)
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Jordan (20.03.12) , kazuya (11.08.10) , fakeking (11.08.10) , Instab (11.08.10) , jacksbi (11.08.10) , BrianBosworth (10.08.10)

Closed Thread