Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hunger Games

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308
    I am saying movie is bad b'coz it's lack violence..movie is based on young adult novel and I read somewhere that they cut down all violence scene from novel to get PG13 rating instead of R.. for a survival kind movie it's felt like when watching them on screen that they r playing hide and seek and kill each other like it's so easy...evertime camera comes between you and killing and you really can't understand what is going on and suddenly boom out of 24 only 6 remain after 5 minute of games starting..
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    I watched the movie to, I'm not exactly satisfied with it, the whole time I watched it I waited for some "finale" that never came. I expected something more...
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss7979
    Quote Originally Posted by gu5t3r View Post
    I watched the movie to, I'm not exactly satisfied with it, the whole time I watched it I waited for some "finale" that never came. I expected something more...
    My thoughts exactly! Watched it a few days ago, and the way some people revived it I expected some masterpiece, but it was everything else than that!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    "The Hunger Games" chronicles a dystopic Capitol which requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl, forced to participate in the annual "Hunger Games," a fight-to-the-death live televised event.
    the concept is pretty silly from the start, what's more, looks like some districts don't even prepare their 'young' for this event - the whole glamorous/pompous reality-show or 'panem et circenses' atmosphere came across as phony and annoying/boring, the cartoon-like sets/costumes/characters didn't help at all, whereas the acting kept dragging at a rather low level with no exceptions, not even from the main actors

and finally on top of all that, the fighting/survival scenarios/situations were so pitifully/amateurishly staged, it was just hilarious eyes-rolling material

also, where was the 'hunger' in all of this? starvation was supposed to be a part of the 'games' - granted, it could be viewed as, lets say, 'hunger' for victory or survival

she must start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home.
    survival against humanity? these two aren't really opposed at all: in order to even exercise any humanity (or human traits) one first has to survive (or live)

life against love? false assertion, its more like: 'love' for one's own life vs. someone else's, ie. a no-brainer - notice also that afaik she never gave up on her life throughout the movie

The "Hunger Games" novel has been on the New York Times best seller list for over 100 consecutive weeks.
    which might indicate a lack of interesting reading material these days or the power of marketing in certain cases or perhaps sheep mentality as well

Quote Originally Posted by shawshankraj
    .Battle royal is way better than this one...
    battle royale is just another highly overrated/hyped movie stuffed with juvenile acting & scripting, lame action, annoying characters and contrived scenarios, thus resulting with a very unsatisfactory viewing experience, in other words, its quite worthless
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    which might indicate a lack of interesting reading material these days or the power of marketing in certain cases or perhaps sheep mentality as well
    I enjoyed the books, all 3 of them. They were captivating and made me read more and more just to find out what happens next. As for the movie, after reading the books, the movie lacked a lot of key stuff which made it harder to understand everything. It seemed like they were rushing to the finish line and not explaining the story enough.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12