P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455

Thumbs down Pakistan shuts down YouTube & facebook

After Facebook, Pakistan shuts down YouTube

Pakistan has blocked the popular video sharing website YouTube indefinitely in a bid to contain "blasphemous" material, officials said on Thursday.

The blockade came after the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) directed Internet service providers to block access to social network site Facebook indefinitely on Wednesday because of an online competition to draw the Prophet Mohammad.

Any representation of the Prophet Mohammad is deemed un-Islamic and blasphemous by Muslims.

Wahaj-us-Siraj, the CEO of Nayatel, an Internet service provider, said the PTA issued an order late on Wednesday seeking an "immediate" block on YouTube, which is owned Internet giant Google.
    More Info Here

After Facebook, Pakistan shuts down YouTube - Yahoo! India News
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

shadowww (24.05.10) , Blocker (23.05.10) , Mihai (22.05.10)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Good for Pakistan, let's hope other Muslim countries follow and do the same. Maybe Facebook will do something about it
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (22.05.10)

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    its not good thing...bann the best site of the world.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    its not good thing...bann the best site of the world.
    The !best! site in the world. I'm guessing from the thumb down icon and your previous post that you're from there. This is a serious thing and there must be something done about it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    thumb down is for pakistan..
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Yeah ban users from Youtube and don't let them learn about technology in school too. Let them be very religious and not know so many truths about the world.:lame:
    Last edited by Mihai; 22.05.10 at 17:20.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Extraterrestrial (22.05.10)

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    Yeah ban users from Youtube and don't let them learn about technology in school too. Let them be very religious and not know so many truths about the world.:lame:
    you're right , you will be shocked if you know what they teach about quote in quote science in universities . I'm from one of these countries unfortunately.

BTW facebook is not the way they will not be religious , they already make use of facebook to become more and more religious . Guess they will never be liberal countries where they let people choose the way they want to conduct their life , not a surprise that osama ben-laden is hiding in Pakistan with the help of fanatic lunatic Taliban.
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 22.05.10 at 18:25.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Quote Originally Posted by a007_hacker View Post
    Good for Pakistan, let's hope other Muslim countries follow and do the same. Maybe Facebook will do something about it
    Are you being sarcastic or something?

For me it's crystal clear it's stupid to block a whole site (two, to be exact) for an entire country just because of something some guys posted. I'm not saying what they did is OK, but the block definitely isn't.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (22.05.10) , cheatos (22.05.10)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

For me it's crystal clear it's stupid to block a whole site (two, to be exact) for an entire country just because of something some guys posted. I'm not saying what they did is OK, but the block definitely isn't.
    It's not the first and will not be the last , in my country there are a lot of websites banned due to either political or religious reasons
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

No, I'm not sarcastic. I disagree on blocking sites for political reasons. However, for religious reasons I completely agree. What those groups do is totally unacceptable. I can see though your point of view because you have to be on the other side (us) to know how big is this thing.

By the way, blocking seems to work nowadays.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yoyojojo65 View Post
    not a surprise that osama ben-laden is hiding in Pakistan with the help of fanatic lunatic Taliban.
    With all my respect, but don't believe the news.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (22.05.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Quote Originally Posted by a007_hacker View Post

Arguably, precisely on religious basis and from a religious point of view, it's not allowed to condemn an entire group as soon as at least 10 of its member (and maybe less) are not guilty.

See e.g. Genesis 18:16-33

When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. Then the Lord said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."

Then the Lord said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."

The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord. Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing -- to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

The Lord said, "If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake."

Then Abraham spoke up again: "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city because of five people?"

"If I find forty-five there," he said, "I will not destroy it."

Once again he spoke to him, "What if only forty are found there?"

He said, "For the sake of forty, I will not do it."

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?"

He answered, "I will not do it if I find thirty there."

Abraham said, "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?"

He said, "For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it."

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?"

He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it."

When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.
    Thanks

With all my respect, but don't believe the news
    I do prefer believing the news rather than being delusional . Facing reality is a better option for me.
    The Taliban, under the direction of Mullah Muhammad Omar, brought about this order through the institution of a very strict interpretation of Sharia, or Islamic law. Public executions and punishments (such as floggings) became regular events at Afghan soccer stadiums. Frivolous activities, like kite-flying, were outlawed. In order to root out "non-Islamic" influence, television, music, and the Internet were banned. Men were required to wear beards, and subjected to beatings if they didn't.

Most shocking to the West was the Taliban's treatment of women. When the Taliban took Kabul, they immediately forbade girls to go to school. Moreover, women were barred from working outside the home, precipitating a crisis in healthcare and education. Women were also prohibited from leaving their home without a male relative—those that did so risked being beaten, even shot, by officers of the "ministry for the protection of virtue and prevention of vice." A woman caught wearing fingernail polish may have had her fingertips chopped off. All this, according to the Taliban, was to safeguard women and their honor.
    For Osama bin Laden you can read about it here:

The Taliban against the world

The Taliban regime faced international scrutiny and condemnation for its policies. Only Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and the United Arab Emirates recognized the Taliban as Afghanistan's legitimate government. After the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the U.S., Saudi Arabia and the UAE cut diplomatic ties with the Taliban.

The Taliban allowed terrorist organizations to run training camps in their territory and, from 1994 to at least 2001, provided refuge for Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaeda organization. The relationship between the Taliban and bin Laden is close, even familial—bin Laden fought with the mujahideen, has financed the Taliban, and has reportedly married one of his daughters to Mullah Muhammad Omar. The United Nations Security Council passed two resolutions, UNSCR 1267 (1999) and 1333 (2000), demanding that the Taliban cease their support for terrorism and hand over bin Laden for trial.
    The Taliban — Infoplease.com

By the way, blocking seems to work nowadays.
    I don't see this is working for two reasons:

1-Everyone with good knowledge of internet can access this sites either by proxies or vpn , so it's not that big deal.

2-By blocking a whole site you gave this group the advertisement that they never dreamed of , i can see the number of subscribers to this group has tripled since the block.

3-Religious leaders is public figures and they should not being prohibited to being criticized or being drawn the way i or everyone sees , and if anybody is offended he can simply ignore it not of course doing what pakistan did or doing this:

Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 23.05.10 at 16:34.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    @anon: clamp down the thread before it flares further :p
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    hey all calm down..

its not have to worry...after all with proxy you can still get into the site...even if you are from Pakistan..or any other country who blocked the sites..k..so dont worry
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    hey all calm down..

its not have to worry...after all with proxy you can still get into the site...even if you are from Pakistan..or any other country who blocked the sites..k..so dont worry
    I'm taking here about the concept , how you deal with something that offended you , will you ban and kill all those who don't share the same ideas and beliefs you have or you will be a civilized person and just ignore it and let people express their beliefs and ideas .
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 23.05.10 at 11:19.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast