+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned from What.CD after changing IP and uTorrent port.

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9

Banned from What.CD after changing IP and uTorrent port.

They still found out that I registered a new account, even after getting a new IP, changing all IRC names, deleting all old torrents. I can't pinpoint how they caught me. I don't use many other sites either, and I only downloaded from their site at the time... I even changed uTorrent port. Any help much appreciated. I don't even intend to cheat on it anymore, but I can't seem to be able to get in anyways. Does my computer have a specified IP address also maybe? I was able to register a new account after doing the IRC name thing right, but they seemed to ban me about an hour later for just downloading. Could it be because I used the same browser? Or because I downloaded all the freeleech torrents like they suggested? I've managed to change my MAC IP now. The only tool that worked was SMAC. You think that might be how they detected me? Don't think they noticed much until I turned uTorrent on...
    Last edited by femten15; 30.03.10 at 07:16.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss566
    I think they detect your mac address. may be in future it will be help changing mac in future. you also should use different browser for what.cd.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftKing View Post
    I think they detect your mac address. may be in future it will be help changing mac in future. you also should use different browser for what.cd.
    Okay, thanks mate... I have to have my modem off for hours each time for the ip to change...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuzemaster
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftKing View Post
    I think it's been discussed, and the conclusion was that they couldn't find out your MAC address from IRC. Did you change your utorrent port? Or delete all cache and cookies?
    Last edited by GotIt; 30.03.10 at 07:57.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Quote Originally Posted by GotIt View Post
    I think it's been discussed, and the conclusion was that they couldn't find out your MAC address from IRC. Did you change your utorrent port? Or delete all cache and cookies?
    Yes I did. Perhaps they can find MAC address over uTorrent though?... One thing I did was use Chrome over again...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    check this http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=19023
    and see if you missed anything
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    check this http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=19023
    and see if you missed anything
    They pinpointed that I created a duplicate account, but they didn't catch me cheating or anything (because I didn't). So there's definitely something that identifies me with my old account.

The following is a list of things I might have done wrong:
    There's the MAC-address issue (I did not change MAC-address then) and changing web-browser (I used Chrome on both accounts). I'm also not quite sure on the "generate new peer_id" thing. I did not post on the forums or IRC etc, and they probably did not identify me on IRC since I managed to get account through there... The account also seemed fine when I browsed the page, but right after I started downloading, that's when they seemed to figure out who I was. I used Gmail to register my new account.

I think it has to be MAC-address through uTorrent tracker announce or something, because they pinpointed me about an hour after I started downloading. Anyone know if this is possible?

I also see an ISP primary DNS in uTorrent advanced settings. Would this have to be changed? Also, would protocol encryption help anything?

Thanks for the help so far guys, much appreciated! :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Quote Originally Posted by femten15 View Post
    I'm also not quite sure on the "generate new peer_id" thing.
    You need to restart your client to generate a new peer_id and key. Read the tutorial, everything is explained there.

I also see an ISP primary DNS in uTorrent advanced settings. Would this have to be changed? Also, would protocol encryption help anything?
    No to both.

Also note that whether What.cd can detect MAC addresses or not isn't 100% clear... a few posts by respected members hint at that... but I successfully hold multiple accounts and haven't ever changed my MAC.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss552
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Also note that whether What.cd can detect MAC addresses or not isn't 100% clear... a few posts by respected members hint at that... but I successfully hold multiple accounts and haven't ever changed my MAC.
    yeah but he was banned for something the last time.
    for you, they have no reason on trying to find your mac address to see if it was ever registered.

maybe his mac is marked as cheater?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss59
    I still think it's kind of impossible for a tracker to know your MAC address? Unless the torrent client in question is sending them that data?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Just a simple question.Did you delete all cookies from what.cd after loging in to your new acount?
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39473
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    yeah but he was banned for something the last time.
    for you, they have no reason on trying to find your mac address to see if it was ever registered.
    You're right if the MAC-checking process isn't part of their automated double account detection, i.e. they're checking that manually. Otherwise, having the same MAC address as my previous banned account is enough of a giveaway.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Regarding the mac adress question:

The mac adress(of the original sender) in the IP protocol (in which the TCP protocol is wrapped) is not transferred between networks...

The tracker only sees the mac adress of the last router, your packets were handed to (i suppose the tracker and you are not in the same local network:)...

In the bit-torrent protocol, it could be possible to send such data to the server, depending on the client u use. For example there is a field peer-id that is submitted. I think it depends on the implementation how this peer id is calculated and the standard tells something about process id being incorporated in there, f.e. to distinguish between two different instances of the same software running on the same host...

If you did not restart your client, that peer should be the same and could lead to a ban.
    Last edited by hontoCorti; 31.03.10 at 16:09.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Yes guys, it's very likely they check mac manually, I removed all cookies... Thanks for help :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    azureus shu mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    My freind trade account what.cd and the account is works when the ip change , but maybe should dont change the eamil of account
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast