Closed Thread

Thread: [Guide] eMule Options --> Security: What they do and how to configure, and IP Filters

[Guide] eMule Options --> Security: What they do and how to configure, and IP Filters

Filter servers too: Your server are filtered if an Ip is in the IP filter list. Recommended

Filter Level: The level of filter of IP. Do not change this, or your IP filter can not work.

Reload and list: Reload, you will reload IP filter, List, you can see the list of IP filtered.

Update from URL: You need to insert a link for an IP Filter like that: Download Emule Pawcio mod from SourceForge.net

See My Shared Files: Other user can see all your shared files, or only firend. Nobody is recommended.

Enable Protocol Obfuscation: For evade some provider filter wich would block eMule, recommended.

Allow Obfuscated connection only: Self explanatory and not recommended.

Disable support for obfuscated connections: Self explanatory and not recommended.

Use secure identification: Is for your huserhash with contact of other client. Recommended

Run eMule as unprivileged user: You can't set some options of eMule, not recommended.

Enable spam filter for search result: Self explanatory, Recommended.

Warn when open untrusted files: They are dangerous some time. Recommended
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

(03.12.21) , slikrapid (11.07.10) , BrianBosworth (10.07.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21092
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21287

I feel that if you keep on making eMule guides, we can merge all of them into a single, large post
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

When full tutorial is done, with all eMule Options and trick, I will do a big FULL eMule Tutorial with at every post, every explanation: 1st post, newbie guide, second post...
    For now is not a problem. I'm working for full tutorial, also for bad features, I hope my work will be appreciated

PS: When I will finished with eMule I will start with Torrent
    Last edited by piratemeister; 09.07.10 at 21:39.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (11.07.10)

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    So you're planning to release on tracker and using torrent in the future
    Thanks

Maybe... I must see... First I need to understand how the tracker work and if Torrent network is secure because for my release I need security ...

PS: The problem on Torrent is not only the security, also my upload speed... because torrent need much more than eMule because is a fast network. eMule is for long time sharing... rare file ecc. For me Torrent is "Distribution" and eMule is "Sharing".
    Last edited by piratemeister; 10.07.10 at 13:18.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    Yeah, true that torrent need fast upload speed so people who is downloading from you won't spam the comment.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathless View Post
    Maybe... I must see... First I need to understand how the tracker work and if Torrent network is secure because for my release I need security ...
    If that wasn't a joke, consider releasing on a private tracker.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Closed Thread