Thread: What.cd and sudar02 drama

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762

What.cd and sudar02 drama

Funny things about what.cd staff i found these posts on another forum.

IRC discussion between disabled user and Mod:

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 10 posts):

Reply of users on the forum:

These type of staff make me laugh like anything. they say they had changed here but from this we can confirm that they have not even changed 10%

I had asked his MSN id to talk to him personally what really happened I will post more after talking to him if you want to know more on the matter.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (13.08.10) , Gapo (09.08.10)

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    This fellow has had 3 accounts before this one. He lied to us about it. What do you expect us to do exactly?

edit: oh, and something you should know: all the people who post in some random forum "they banned me for no reason!!" are hiding something.
    Last edited by jowa; 09.08.10 at 14:47.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by jowa View Post
    This fellow has had 3 accounts before this one. He lied to us about it. What do you expect us to do exactly?
    the thing is that in obviously quite a number of cases you don't doubt yourselves. maybe you did something wrong? in dubio pro reo? not on what.cd
    look at the example anon posted and i can tell you one, too:

a friend of mine once had an account. he was quite a noob but a good member. then one day he got disabled. he asked me to do the irc thing for him cause he had no clü about it. so i joined the channel and i've been told that i (my friend actually) would have tried to trade the account and i can tell you for sure that he didn't even know what trading is. asking for details gave me the usual cocky answer and a few seconds later i even got kicked off the channel. thanks.
    obviously my friend just had the wrong ip at the wrong time or something what can happen all the time considering the fact that many home users have a dynamic ip ...
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    the thing is that in obviously quite a number of cases you don't doubt yourselves. maybe you did something wrong? in dubio pro reo? not on what.cd
    look at the example anon posted and i can tell you one, too:

a friend of mine once had an account. he was quite a noob but a good member. then one day he got disabled. he asked me to do the irc thing for him cause he had no clue about it. so i joined the channel and i've been told that i (my friend actually) would have tried to trade the account and i can tell you for sure that he didn't even know what trading is. asking for details gave me the usual cocky answer and a few seconds later i even got kicked off the channel. thanks.
    obviously my friend just had the wrong ip at the wrong time or something what can happen all the time considering the fact that many home users have a dynamic ip ...
    you are absoultely right instab,sometimes dynamic ip is helpful,sometimes it even get us in trouble.

the 3rd picture is quite interesting for me.what.cd taken the details of other accounts and got him on other trackers and they also disabled his friends account.(How noob he maybe to give the profile links to the staff).

they say most of the times they are correct but i doubt it.
    Last edited by jacksbi; 09.08.10 at 15:03.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    We are of course aware of that, and when someone has browsed the site from 200 different IPs and one of them matches an old disabled user, we won't disable him. We only disable when we're 100% sure. Or sometimes we will disable someone because they look very suspicious just to be able to talk to them. Genereally, if they answer honestly, they will get their account back...

As for the example you gave me, I can't really comment on it, since I would need to know which account it was to be able to know exactly why he was disabled and what his notes say. If you are 100% sure it was a mistake, I'd love to offer him a review of his case (though I'm sure he got another account by now )

I can't say we've never done mistakes, but I guarantee you that the screenshot that jacksbi posted wasn't a mistake.

oh and jacksbi, I don't know if you've seen this thread:
    http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...at.CD-disabled

But it's a good example of what I'm talking about. The guy kept claiming that he had done nothing, before finally admitting to having several accounts before and cheating with them.
    Last edited by jowa; 09.08.10 at 15:10.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    We are of course aware of that, and when someone has browsed the site from 200 different IPs and one of them matches an old disabled user, we won't disable him. We only disable when we're 100% sure. Or sometimes we will disable someone because they look very suspicious just to be able to talk to them. Genereally, if they answer honestly, they will get their account back...
    not so in my case and i didn't even get the chance to answer. honestly or not

As for the example you gave me, I can't really comment on it, since I would need to know which account it was to be able to know exactly why he was disabled and what his notes say. If you are 100% sure it was a mistake, I'd love to offer him a review of his case (though I'm sure he got another account by now )
    that's nice but he was quite upset back then and i think he's on waffles since.
    and yes, it was a mistake. i introduced him to torrenting and expained all the basics. there was no way he could have been trading somewhere. he even got problems using the tags
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    sometimes we will disable someone because they look very suspicious just to be able to talk to them.
    Wouldn't it be better to disable his leeching/seeding and invite privileges and send him a PM on the site? Just wondering...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    not so in my case and i didn't even get the chance to answer. honestly or not

that's nice but he was quite upset back then and i think he's on waffles since.
    and yes, it was a mistake. i introduced him to torrenting and expained all the basics. there was no way he could have been trading somewhere. he even got problems using the tags
    many noobs get ban due to minimum mistakes like using same browser of fst,sb-i and what.cd

though they say we wont ban(i doubt they ban) i dont want to get in trouble and have no time to go to irc and begging for my account to be enabled.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to disable his leeching/seeding and invite privileges and send him a PM on the site? Just wondering...
    I guess it would, we do it sometimes. Depends on how suspicious the person is. For example, when someone triggers one of our anticheat scripts because he is cross seeding a torrent with another site, we just send them a PM, we don't disable their account.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

anon (09.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    I güss it would, we do it sometimes. Depends on how suspicious the person is. For example, when someone triggers one of our anticheat scripts because he is cross seeding a torrent with another site, we just send them a PM, we don't disable their account.
    lol, disabled for cross seeding. you're really able to surprise me ever so often ... in a negative way
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    lol, disabled for cross seeding. you're really able to surprise me ever so often ... in a negative way
    I think you misread my post...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    I think you misread my post...
    no, but just having the idea and having scripts to detect cross seeding is good enough for me
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    no, but just having the idea and having scripts to detect cross seeding is good enough for me
    We don't have scripts specifically designed to detect cross seeding, but cross seeding can look a lot like cheating sometimes.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    We don't have scripts specifically designed to detect cross seeding, but cross seeding can look a lot like cheating sometimes.
    fair enough
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    by above pictures i had little doubt they are good

but this made me clear that how hypocrite what.cd staff are and how they enable the accounts of someone and say they have some rules.

i think they might have banned some good users without any mistake
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast