Page 187 of 392 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5877

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39447
    Arctic Torrent is the best client ever, of course

uTorrent gets worse with each version. Many people stick to old ones, and which of them is the best is a matter of taste, but you can go all the way down to 1.6.1. I use one of the newer builds, but it's a custom version I spent an hour decrapifying (Facebook integration!? Just why!?).

qBitTorrent preserves the same "feel" while providing a cleaner alternative, and I wish Halite's development was active (not that the latest 2015 version is unusable).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

uTorrent gets worse with each version. Many people stick to old ones, and which of them is the best is a matter of taste, but you can go all the way down to 1.6.1. I use one of the newer builds, but it's a custom version I spent an hour decrapifying (Facebook integration!? Just why!?).

qBitTorrent preserves the same "feel" while providing a cleaner alternative, and I wish Halite's development was active (not that the latest 2015 version is unusable).
    yeah, but is this Arctic allowed on trackers?

As for the client, started using the latest version of qbittorent and love it so far
    Thanks

I use one of the newer builds, but it's a custom version I spent an hour decrapifying (Facebook integration!? Just why!?).
    May I ask why are you using newer builds if 1.6/2.x is one of the best versions?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by latres View Post
    yeah, but is this Arctic allowed on trackers?
    They'd be crazy not to allow it. It's the most complete one and has the most features
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    May I ask why are you using newer builds if 1.6/2.x is one of the best versions?
    There are internal improvements on the new versions, and I didn't want to miss out. Once you remove the advertising, Facetwitter links and make a few UI tweaks, they're usable.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (06.02.17)

Are you sure you're talking about Arctic Torrent ? int64.org
    The interface looks very old and doesn't seem to be all that great. Maybe I'm missing something here.

There are internal improvements on the new versions, and I didn't want to miss out. Once you remove the advertising, Facetwitter links and make a few UI tweaks, they're usable.
    How about posting a tutorial making these clean clients our selves? Or maybe just post the hex strings of what we need to replace / look for.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    you still want to ride that thing?
    Yes, no, maybe. Yes
    Actually, with a motorcycle I would've been wearing a helmet and would have laughed it off.

But yeah, I've known people that have died in car crashes. Cars can be scary too.

If anything, let's take it as a lessons learned rather than a "fear everything" kind of situation.

No pain, no gain; nothing ventured, nothing gained...
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by hellman View Post
    Makes the 2 of us..
    Aww man, what happened?
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

I still run uSerenity 2.2.1, and still loving it, but have this annoying issue where it won't shut down after closing it. Everything seems closed down, but then I notice it's still running in task manager. I first thought it was still writing data to disk and was waiting to finish, but it just keeps going. I have this both with uSerenity as utorrent itself, so it's definitely not the mod's fault. It's not a major issue, but it's annoying at best. (e.g. having utorrent open won't let me use some other tools that require upnp, though i'm sure that's the tool's fault mostly as it is a very specific set of tools, all by the same dev). Any idea what that might be and how to let it shut down gracefully?

That being said, I really like tixati, but it seems shunned by the private trackers
    Thanks

Disable this
    bt.graceful_shutdown: If enabled, µTorrent will take as long as it needs to finish its shutdown sequence (writing in-progress pieces to disk, deleting files in deletion queue, and waiting for tracker replies to stop messages -- among other things). That means that even if it takes several minutes to shutdown gracefully, it will wait for that long, and the process will remain in memory until then. If disabled, µTorrent will limit how long it waits to to 10 seconds, and regardless of the state of the shutdown sequence, µTorrent will force itself to exit.
    Thanks

Thanks bro.
    It is indeed enabled, but it has taken over 10, 20 and even 30 mins to gracefully shutdown at times and still going. Even when all downloads are done and my computer isn't even a shit one.
    I will try it though and come back with results..

Should I even bother disabling this? Seems risky~

edit: yeah, works! Thanks
    Last edited by Sazzy; 07.02.17 at 00:40.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39447
    Are you sure you're talking about Arctic Torrent ? int64.org
    The interface looks very old and doesn't seem to be all that great. Maybe I'm missing something here.
    And I added a smiley to my other post and all

How about posting a tutorial making these clean clients our selves? Or maybe just post the hex strings of what we need to replace / look for.
    Just unpack the executable, look for .com, .php, http:// and https:// and fill anything that looks suspicious with null bytes. After that, use Resource Hacker to delete the two executables that are embedded as RCDATA and you're done.

They say "know thyself" and I know myself, so I can't promise being non-lazy enough to write a full-fledged tutorial But posting original and modded executables suitable for binary comparison is definitely possible.
    Thanks

The post it, please.
    I don't get why stopped making those uTorrent mods. Everybody liked them, including myself. But forget about the mod, just whenever you do something for yourself, post here so that other can feel the joy.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 07.02.17 at 19:12.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

anon (08.02.17) , latres (07.02.17)

Today I had to backup 200.000 small files from a failing 3.5 HDD. The user wanted while he was working on the HDD to be also able to back it up. I mapped his drive on my computer, and used robocopy to copy from his network drive to my SATA to USB adapter.
    I tried multiple robocopy combinations and while at first appered to work, it somehow froze his system. But not because of the HDD activity, just froze the system entirely, responded to ping but anything else was not responding. So I had no choice but to copy one folder at a time.

I still don't get why the freeze. And even when I stopped the file transfer it still did not recover.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39447
    Today I had to backup 200.000 small files from a failing 3.5 HDD. The user wanted while he was working on the HDD to be also able to back it up.
    Next time, tell him that when your house is on fire, you don't start painting the walls.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (09.02.17)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    They say "know thyself" and I know myself
    something else was meant by that: your true self (who you are) is not the same as your current idea of self (the role you're currently experiencing in life and interpreting as your self), in other words, you're just starting to know thyself - btw. your true self does not have shortcomings or negative qualities (like laziness) - the same applies to every conscious being in existence
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 392 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast