Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tracker - T4D

T4D Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7

New tracker - T4D

edit: sorry SealLion, thanks for the warning, i didn't realise this was a cheaters den, no... dont know why, as it seems pretty obvious now. Please accept my apologies.
    Last edited by SealLion; 04.01.11 at 02:35. Reason: correctly renamed thread.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    er...your aware that this is a cheaters den, eh??
    you reallize what you've just done is advertise your site on a cheaters haven and now that you've told us about your site, I would bet that some of the members here will use your site as testing grounds for some of the new leech mods put out here.
    That's in addition to the fact that many of those Vuze and uT leech mods are fake upload mods. And of course cheat tools too.
    Basically, We leech till you bleed.
    Try elsewhere as I was actually thinking of deleting this post since we don't allow advertising here but figured it'll be kinda nice to keep here for .....awhile.
    Last edited by SealLion; 02.01.11 at 22:05.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    That's in addition to the fact that many of those Vuze and uT leech mods are fake upload mods. Basically, We leech till you bleed.
    Well, he wants us to leech. Second paragraph of his post.

You're right, and I was going to tell him the same when I saw this posted, but I dropped it. Even though posting it here isn't exactly the best idea, not everyone who joins through here is going to cheat, and if we can help the tracker gather a userbase, then by all means so be it. At most, I'd move this to the open signups thread.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    tracker admins are always welcome t0mmycooper. Just because this is a cheater's den doesn't mean you need to leave. On the contrary, it'd be nice for you to stay and tell us about your site
    We never ban tracker admins or tracker moderators. We do encourage you to stay, you know. We have several tracker reps here and you could be one of them, you know.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    tracker admins are always welcome t0mmycooper. Just because this is a cheater's den doesn't mean you need to leave. On the contrary, it'd be nice for you to stay and tell us about your site
    We never ban tracker admins or tracker moderators. We do encourage you to stay, you know. We have several tracker reps here and you could be one of them, you know.
    What he said + there's nothing to be sorry about. You didn't do anything wrong
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ...... At most, I'd move this to the open signups thread.
    what was the name of the site again...torrents4day or something like that??
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    Bangladesh Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss196
    what was the name of the site again...torrents4day or something like that??
    Torrents4Days :: Login He made a post on FST as well.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (02.01.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    well, maybe he'll come back and be a part of the board here. I thought that was the name of the site that he had posted. Initially, I just didn't approve of the advertising scheme set up by himself. But then on the other hand, I guess how else would someone as a tracker rep make known of his site.
    Last edited by SealLion; 02.01.11 at 23:44.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

T4D Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Hi guys, thanks for being so welcoming! was expecting a lot of flames, so didn't come back until now, lol

Like you guys said, we are a very new tracker, so just need some user base to get us started, but it's a harder task than it seems...

I would love to stick around become a tracker rep for torrents4days, seems very friendly here, Didnt know you guys had those possitions avaliable.

Cheers.
    Last edited by t0mmycooper; 03.01.11 at 18:54.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Check your PMs.

As to getting your tracker to rise up, let me give you some advice:
    • Don't try to be one of those elitist/l33t trackers. It just brings dislike and lack of activity, and with a user limit of 2011 slots, some people may think that's exactly what you want. More users means more activity, a lively community, and a site more people will be attracted to (1 seeder/0 leecher torrents are bad).
    • If you're going to be a 0-Day site, then offer something that can't be found in the countless other Scene trackers out there. You claimed one of your uploaders was a ripper - if he rips exclusive stuff for you, that may help.
    • Make sure you gather experienced coders that will secure your tracker and can add extra features to the frontend. Sites that look like a stock install with a different logo give the impression you don't have the knowledge required to run a successful tracker, or just don't really care to begin with.
    • Think about those of us with sucky upload speeds, and don't expect a pure ratio-based system that favors seedbox whores and discards the rest to work. Other trackers have worked around this with bonus points, ratio-free schemes, required ratio, BCG's SP system, and so on.
    • Get a good design for your tracker. You may argue that beauty's skin deep, but a aesthetically pleasing site that doesn't make your eyes bleed and is easy to navigate is a must. Something like Filelist.ro's "Filelist" stylesheet, or What.cd's Anorex or Proton.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

DriftKing (05.01.11) , SealLion (04.01.11) , tokiodrift1 (03.01.11) , Instab (03.01.11) , t0mmycooper (03.01.11) , Rebound (03.01.11)

T4D Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Check your PMs.

As to getting your tracker to rise up, let me give you some advice:
    • Don't try to be one of those elitist/l33t trackers. It just brings dislike and lack of activity, and with a user limit of 2011 slots, some people may think that's exactly what you want. More users means more activity, a lively community, and a site more people will be attracted to (1 seeder/0 leecher torrents are bad).
    • If you're going to be a 0-Day site, then offer something that can't be found in the countless other Scene trackers out there. You claimed one of your uploaders was a ripper - if he rips exclusive stuff for you, that may help.
    • Make sure you gather experienced coders that will secure your tracker and can add extra features to the frontend. Sites that look like a stock install with a different logo give the impression you don't have the knowledge required to run a successful tracker, or just don't really care to begin with.
    • Think about those of us with sucky upload speeds, and don't expect a pure ratio-based system that favors seedbox whores and discards the rest to work. Other trackers have worked around this with bonus points, ratio-free schemes, required ratio, BCG's SP system, and so on.
    • Get a good design for your tracker. You may argue that beauty's skin deep, but a aesthetically pleasing site that doesn't make your eyes bleed and is easy to navigate is a must. Something like Filelist.ro's "Filelist" stylesheet, or What.cd's Anorex or Proton.
    Thanks for the PM anon, and the advice on starting up.

We have just been up a week so a lot of the stuff you mentioned are still in the works. we are not, and do not want to be one of those "leet" trackers. we added the cap because we feel once we get a nice user base, we can work a bit more on the site when there is actual activity, and release version two, almost like a beta phrase.

one of our uploaders is a ripper, he wants to start doing bluray rips, so that will be a major USP for us hopefully. However we do need some more coders, currently its all done by the sysop, but there is only so much one person can do. and of course, we need graphics designer too, and we have a few interested already. we are freeleech at the moment and will be for a long time. then we will work out a point system, which is already in the talks.

All in all it just needs a lot of work! but we are all very dedicated and it's our hobbie, so everyone is pretty possitive :)
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (04.01.11) , tokiodrift1 (03.01.11) , anon (03.01.11) , Rebound (03.01.11)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmycooper View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for being so welcoming! was expecting a lot of flames, so didn't come back until now, lol

Like you guys said, we are a very new tracker, so just need some user base to get us started, but it's a harder task than it seems...

I would love to stick around become a tracker rep for torrents4days, seems very friendly here, Didnt know you guys had those possitions avaliable.

Cheers.
    so do you wanna re-post the review?
    and as SealLion said, not everybody here is a cheater and even cheaters don't cheat everywhere. and there's surely not enough of them to bring a tracker down.

unlike many other sites we have our principles here and one of the most important one is that we're completely independent. you might have heard otherwise and i güss you can think of the reasons and of the fact that a fair amount of trackers don't like it to have a place around where people don't have to kiss ass and can be frank.
    however this has to be strictly in a civilized and objective way. flaming and stuff won't be tolerated.

if you decide to stay you're just as welcome as any other member and tracker rep. no prejudices whatsöver.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (04.01.11)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    unlike many other sites we have our principles here and one of the most important one is that we're completely independent. you might have heard otherwise and i guess you can think of the reasons and of the fact that a fair amount of trackers don't like it to have a place around where people don't have to kiss ass and can be frank.
    however this has to be strictly in a civilized and objective way. flaming and stuff won't be tolerated.
    Hah, so true.

Instab, it wasn't a review, but he's more than welcome to post one in the appropriate section.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (04.01.11) , Instab (03.01.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I hope he does post a review of his own site.
    That'd be nice.

I would really appreciate it if he took the time to construct a review of his own site for this forum.

I would also hope that as he spends an appropriate amount of time here too. He'll see quite quickly that cheaters are actually the least of his concerns with respect to tracker survivability.
    Not to mention...nice guys ( and gals, too of course. I was almost going to leave out the other gender for a moment there.....ooops. I shouldn't have said that. )
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

T4D Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Wait, what there are girls here? lol.

Sounds good guys, i will do a review of the site, when we get new code and layout up. it's not MY site by the way, just helping a fellow bittorrenter out.

SealLion i love how you are dressing those advice as "I would hope", hahaha very subtle!

i'll stick around for sure and hopefully we can recruit a few more dedicated people for the tracker too :)

oh i almost forgot we just got a new 4TB box today for the tracker (free for uploaders to use), and we are getting some new tracker software end of this week. things are looking possitive!
    Last edited by t0mmycooper; 04.01.11 at 22:12.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (05.01.11)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast