Thread: BBC Gets Ready for BitTorrent Distribution

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531

BBC Gets Ready for BitTorrent Distribution

Today the BBC published the first episode of R&DTV, a Creative Commons licensed show that users are allowed to remix, redistribute and share. The first episode of the monthly technology show features Digg’s Kevin Rose, among others. The BBC hopes to use BitTorrent for the distribution of future episodes.
    Source: BBC Gets Ready for BitTorrent Distribution | TorrentFreak

My opinion: To be honest, I never thought I'd see the day. These big companies seem to think that BitTorrent and the rest of the P2P world is a bad thing; the only two time I've seen it been embraced is by Blizzard to distribute updates and the (I think) Norwegian Government(?) for distributing TV. A fine example of when it should have been embraced was the Windows 7 Beta release, when servers overloaded due to the number of people wanting the beta; had they used BT no such problem could occur. For BBC to even think about using BT now is brilliant; I know they already had the iPlayer service, but this shows that the image of BT is changing.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I have to completely agree with you splicer.

It is a fundamental change in orientation for large corporations to finally begin to see what BT can do for the general public.

Not only does it serve that organization best as those organizations see that BT is well known throughout the internet community and may allow those organizations a larger piece of the pie, but it also serves the general public as well.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread