P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss105

Small bug?

Sometimes when I hit "Home", I get the following

Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/index.php (Zeile 145)
    popping up in the top left of the displayed page, it usually takes a few F5's for it to go away. I thought I'd check just in case

Looks like a vBull error.

Images

Last edited by mike; 08.03.09 at 13:26. Reason: add images
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Hi Mike. I Had a look around the net and I found that the problem is, as far as I can tell, is related to the switching of daylight savings time.

basically, what I found is this: If you live in some part of the globe, let's say NewZealand and your time is GMT+12 and it is Daylight Savings Time there, that would make your own local time to GMT+13.

In the forum's code, in index.php that is, the .php caches information for 2 separate days.

It gets a "today" time value which is the local time date. The one before the daylight savings time took effect.

Now if that 'today' time value is equal to either a day 1 or day 2, then the cahched date values are used. The one before daylight time savings began.

Normally, the time value is recomputed and it would represent either the new day 1 or day 2.

I got a message too...though it wasn't the same message that you got. The message that I got was:

"your DST settings have been adjusted'.....or something like that. I can't remember what the message stated as it was displayed only for a short while.

You see, I believe we both got error messages due to daylight savings time having come into effect recently.

Hope that makes sense.

aT least, that is the information that I came across when I google'd your reported error message.

-
    Last edited by SealLion; 08.03.09 at 17:03.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss105
    Hey SealLion, I think your onto something - that may have bearing on why some of the other members countdown timer (for the extreme mod) is still ticking over.... Good work my friend
    Thanks