P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899

FTN Updates Inviting System Policy

Invites

There's been quite a bit of input regarding some confusion, as well as concerns about the invite system that has been in play for the past month.
    I can agree with the concerns of fairness regarding users having donated a year ago being eligible for an invite. I can also see the confusion in understanding how and whether or not you'll get one, as well as the current setup of random selection.

So, we're going to try a different spin on how this all works. Those who donate towards the current month will be eligible for an invite that month. Those users who are most active during the current month in terms of seeding, leeching (this will work alongside seeding though, so dont think you can go on a leech spree and qualify), forum activity, and irc activity will also be eligible for an invite. This will allow "all" users on site, including those without a seedbox the ability to obtain an invite as well as increase site activity. This will also ensure that heroes don't obtain an invite when not actively using the site. We will also begin having monthly competitions where the winner will receive an invite. This should spice up the community a bit and manifest some fun activities.

So lets put this into simple terms:

*Donors for the current month will receive invites based on weekly drawings/raffles. Each euro donated will count as a "ticket" in the drawing. The more you donate the higher the chance you'll receive an invite. This was decided in order to make it fair to those who decide not to donate at the minimum amount. Keep in mind there is no guarantee you'll receive an invite for donating.

*The user most active on site each month taking into consideration seeding, leeching, and forum/irc activity will receive an invite.

*Winners of monthly competitions will receive an invite.

As already expressed before as one of the previous concerns, we agree that donations should be given freely and without incentive. However, we also feel that donors don't get enough appreciation for their contributions. This site wouldn't be here without you, and because of that I strongly believe you should have the privilege of sharing it with others. Therefore those who financially support us will also have the ability to bring friends and family along.

Before you rush to the forums to express concerns, keep in mind this is not permanent yet. We have a habit of experimenting with ideas and this is just one of those times. If you have ideas/concerns about this please PM me and let me know.

//Art***

damn,they are just getting it a bit harder for oursiders now to get in,on the other hand a normal user there who might have joined 2 weeks ago ONLY might get a precious FtN invite that he won't dream of already....IMO this is just a decent modification to their Policy....Well Done FtN

P.S The ONLY bad part which is considered a bit harder for Donors,is that whenever you Donate you receive a single ticket for each Euro,so it's most likey that there will be some guys who might pay up to 50 Euro without getting the chance for one of their tickets to be picked up in the monthly Drawing....heh ! isn't that Crap !
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I think it's good and consequent what FTN does. Of course, outsiders may be upset about the new rules but it's generally good for the site's security.

FTN has been too generous about handing out invites in the past so I think this is a right stept to improve the site
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Well,I didn't know about FtN back then,but I guess anyway it's a good choice to keep invites within it's community for better in & out control...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899

2nd Update....

The 2nd Update ***

2008-10-20 04:17:16 GMT

Wow, you guys have definitely stepped up and shown your support after that last news post.
    I just want to thank those of you who have supported us in the past, as well as those of you who have done so this month.
    We're on a good roll so far, keep the support coming. If we can keep this up this month, and from now on.. There will be some new portions of the site opening up that I know will be popular. Not only that, but every other part of this site can be improved including retention, pretimes, speed..

As always, thank you seeders and everyone who supports this site in some way or another. It's time we kick this place up a notch and use our resources to their full potential. You guys are our #1 priority, and we really want to prove that to you. Lets bring this community back together, and take this site to new levels. We have the best users in the torrent community here as well as the best staff I could ever ask for. I don't want to see all of this hard work and potential fade away.

So, to add a bit of fuel to our beautiful flame I introduce our first invite competition. You can check it out.

Thanks again community.

//staff
    Due to the very small amount of donors so far this month, all who have contributed this month so far will receive an invite shortly if your account isn't invite locked.
    Thank you guys for your support.
    A competition will start soon which will enable the rest of you to have the opportunity to win an invite.
    The drawings/raffle will start next weekend.

The two new portions of this site will remain closed until we have proper funding. But if things continue at this route, we'll have to begin removing portions of this site including the current content boost just to keep the site up.

//staff

damn,they are rushing into some real action to spread a couple of invites....hope to see some of them around here soon
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread