P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773

Arrow How to disable Office 2013's start screen

How to disable Office 2013's start screen

There's a lot to like about the new Office 2013. Heck, some might argue that Outlook alone is worth the price of admission.

One thing that bothers me, however, is the startup screen that appears when you launch Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. It's a nice addition, and a quick way to access recent documents or create a new one using a template, but it's not how I like to work.

Fortunately, it's fairly easy to configure Office to bypass that screen for the aforementioned three programs. Ofcourse mere ESC key when on start screen would close it but there is a permanent solution, assume using Word as an example:

1. Run Word. Open a document, create a new one, or whatever. The goal is to move past the startup screen.
    2. Click File, Options.
    3. In the General window (which should appear by default), look to the "Start up options" section. Uncheck the box marked Show the Start screen when this application starts.
    4. Click OK.

That's all there is to it. Now just repeat the process in Excel and PowerPoint. The next time you start each of these programs, you'll go straight to the edit screen, same as in prior versions of Office.

My question for you: Do you like the new Start screens, or do you plan to bypass them as described here? Post your views below.

-regards para
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aBUkVtN.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	14007  
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (27.03.13)

+ Reply to Thread