+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calligra

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Calligra

Calligra Suite is a set of applications written to help you to accomplish your work.
    Calligra Office

Calligra includes efficient and capable office components:

Words for text processing.
    Sheets for computations.
    Stage for presentations.
    Plan for planning.
    Flow for flowcharts.
    Kexi for database creation.
    If you look on DistroWatch, you'll see that OPENSuse 12.3 is due out sometime in March of this year. The newer edition of OPENSuse will include not just GOffice, Libre Office, but also this newer office suite (Calligra). It looks interesting. I have not tried it yet. Only to tell about it.

The Calligra project, being part of the KDE community, is dedicated to producing Free Software. Therefore you can download and install Calligra Suite in most cases free of charge. While the Calligra project only provides source code, it is easily installable through the package manager of many linux distributions, FreeBSD. There is also preliminary support on Mac OS X and Windows.
    For those of you who run MacOS and Windows, the download links are here. Mac users should read the short blurb on how to install and manage the apps.

Link is here: Don't forget to go to the top of the page to access the links on the given tabs. >LEARN MORE tab

One final note. It seems like everyone is on the KDE bandwagon Even office suites. I guess that isn't all too new since it does have a nice graphical environment for the user. I have Linux Mint with the KDE environment on my laptop and it does look nice, I'll say.
    Last edited by SealLion; 25.01.13 at 02:46.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (28.01.13) , BrianBosworth (25.01.13)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I was reading that there are actually various problems with this office suite. Might want to read some reviews prior to making any kind of persistent install on your system of this software.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

2.5.5 was just released a few days ago.It certainly improved.While I really like what they've done so far as a continuation of the Koffice suit I couldn't really get used to it.
    Kde enthusiasts should take a look at libreoffice-kde.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (29.01.13)

+ Reply to Thread