6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979

Paul

Release Date: March 18, 2011
    Studio: Universal Pictures
    Director: Greg Mottola
    Screenwriter: Nick Frost, Simon Pegg
    Starring: Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, Seth Rogen, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Jane Lynch, Sigourney Weaver, Joe Lo Truglio, David Koechner, Blythe Danner, John Carroll Lynch
    Genre: Adventure, Comedy
    Simon Pegg and Nick Frost ("Hot Fuzz," "Shaun of the Dead") reunite for the comedy adventure "Paul" as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America's UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

caballero (19.10.10) , slikrapid (19.10.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    looks like it could be fun, depending on fi. how the combination of british & american comedy elements will work out - they did make a decent/enjoyable horror comedy with Shaun of the Dead before
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

caballero (19.10.10)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (25.02.11)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (25.02.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    LOL. That's hilarious. I think this might be one film I'm gonna look around for to eventually watch. I do love the animated and comedic speaking of the alien.
    It's interesting that they made a flick of a crashed UFO and an alien in this because I need a good laugh.

Speaking of UFO's, it's also interesting that the phenomena of UFO's is so prevalent in today's society. I watched a documentary at one point a number of years ago
    ( sorry, can't recall the name of it atm, but I do recall that the show mentioned of the higher rate of UFO sightings occurring more often in the US than anywhere else in the world).

One of the reasons that was used to explain the higher sightings of UFO's in the States is because of the great number of UFO-type / related movies, films, TV shows made that talks about UFO's in some manner or other produced in the US.

And as such, the profile of these higher rates of sightings was attributed to all the numerous shows presented to the American viewers who, because of the UFO cultural phenomenon having existed over the last 60 years, came to the conclusion that anytime that what they thought was a UFO, might have been a weather balloon, an unusual cloud formation, a flock of birds far away, or an airplane too high to distinguish. And so it's made out as being an alien UFO. Or what-ever other reasons there exist for an alternate explanation of what is actually not an alien UFO.

I think what I'm saying here is that Americans are crazy.

What I would like to add here is the following: Shows that document exploring the possibility of life existing elsewhere, space-related shows, shows on the solar-system and life existing elsewhere or having existed on other planets at one point or another, movies on alien invasions, or shows such as Star-Trek or DS9, Babylon 5, and so on are an example of the numerous and different aliens that are portrayed to exist.

Really, no-one now-a-days knows what an alien looks like other than some documented reports of them having big noses, big white-teeth that have slimy-shiny goo dribbling out of their mouths and so forth.

Kinda reminds of the 'Alien'-series look of aliens.

Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that if one was to ask another person if they believe in aliens, they'd probably say 'yes'. That's my guess. Most people, if they were asked in public if they believe in aliens, they might respond that they're not sure, or no, or they can't answer that right now or what-ever. It's because of the topic of aliens being some kind of strange, taboo, or embarrassing topic or something like that, to talk about.

IMHO, with the universe being as big as it is reported to be, you couldn't convince me there isn't life of some form or other elsewhere. Be it bacterial, fungi, mid or even higher form of life.

Yes, I believe in extra-terrestrial aliens. Do you???
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (25.02.11)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    because of the UFO cultural phenomenon having existed over the last 60 years
    this phenomenon of UFO's (whether unidentified or not or partially so) is actually much much older, pre-dating officially recognized 'first civilizations', ie. going back much further than ~3000 BC, proof of which can be found in both archeological & 'mythological' (to some extent in religious ones as well) findings/material in just about every (originally) inhabited corner of the earth, which is why they cannot be simply disregarded as superstition or old meaningless tales or scribblings of 'primitive savages' as many modern ignorami (ignoramus-es) might imagine

as for misinterpretation of flying objects, a recent tendency or trend to label almost anything as UFOs or the alien 'craze' and the related phenomena/events, i can agree its rather rampant and likely quite exaggerated, however governmental secrecy in such matters isn't helpful, as usual

I think what I'm saying here is that Americans are crazy.
    i'd say it would be strange if they remained sane, considering all the things their governments & various corporations have been doing to them continuously throughout the past & today, from common brainwashing via the media, advertising & entertainment industry to all kinds of experiments (psychological experiments, biological/chemical warfare agent tests, pollution, contamination, medical & pharmaceutical substances/procedures, GM products, vaccinations, you name it)

IMHO, with the universe being as big as it is reported to be, you couldn't convince me there isn't life of some form or other elsewhere. Be it bacterial, fungi, mid or even higher form of life.
    even regardless of its size, just take a look around and what do you see? existence - in various forms/stages/levels, in other words there is nothing else but life/existence, so its really silly to claim there is no life elsewhere, besides earth

what creates confusion is the false (mainstream) definition of life or living beings (or death) that artificially reduces the number of entities classified as 'living' or 'alive', intentionally ignoring/hiding/obscuring the fact that every-thing and everything is actually alive, proof of which being its existence - the difference between these entities is fi. their state/form/level/complexity of existence, the common things being fi. existence, inter-connection/inter-dependence, essential 'composition' (or essence)
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (25.02.11)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    Good movie. Had a few good laughs. And what I liked most is definitely the voice of Seth Rogen. Fit "paul" pretty nice!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    yup, a comedy worth watching - the alien behavior was a blast
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (04.10.11)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    lol, yea! That "f*ck you" picture was hilarious! And those two special agents, OMG!!!
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (05.10.11)

+ Reply to Thread