6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7980

Battle: Los Angeles

Release Date: March 11, 2011
    Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
    Director: Jonathan Liebesman
    Screenwriter: Chris Bertolini
    Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez, Ramon Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan, Ne-Yo, Michael Pena
    Genre: Action
    MPAA Rating: Not Availabl
    For years, there have been documented cases of UFO sightings around the world – Buenos Aires, Seoul, France, Germany, China. But in 2011, what were once just sightings will become a terrifying reality when Earth is attacked by unknown forces. As people everywhere watch the world's great cities fall, Los Angeles becomes the last stand for mankind in a battle no one expected. It's up to a Marine staff sergeant (Aaron Eckhart) and his new platoon to draw a line in the sand as they take on an enemy unlike any they've ever encountered before.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.11.10) , slikrapid (13.11.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    what were once just sightings will become a terrifying reality when Earth is attacked by unknown forces.
    interestingly, none of those sightings seems to correspond to the attackers, their spaceships are different and the same may be said for their soldiers, conclusion: they are not the same 'aliens', rendering the previous info on them pretty much useless

now, its obvious that if there would be a galactic army attacking the earth, the earth's armies would be ridiculously overpowered from above, since nowadays we hardly can maneuver through the air, where military airplanes have a tough time to turn around quickly and use their limited weaponry (of equally limited range/effectiveness), the same could be said for ground forces, which couldn't even handle those archaic ufo's (that probably weren't even of a military character or purpose to begin with) that were sighted over the decades, let alone a modernized and aggressive version as depicted in the movie - in reality it would be as if a n00b unit of farmers tried to attack a high-tech trained unit of super-soldiers, ie. quite futile effort, not to mention how our space defense or offense is pretty much non-existent (or in its infancy), furthermore not to mention why an advanced alien species from far away would want to attack other distant species, as that aim itself isn't inherently advanced in the first place

thus, the next quote looks even more ridiculous than before:

It's up to a Marine staff sergeant (Aaron Eckhart) and his new platoon to draw a line in the sand as they take on an enemy
    so the movie itself needs to adjust the reality (unbelievable) in order to keep things somewhat believable, which is why they render the aliens having a flawed technology (with the need of foot-soldiers, so our squad can have something to shoot at) that can quickly be understood by human zwei-steins (ein-stein, get it?) to which defensive systems can be developed in virtually no-time, where some 'heroic' no-name squad and their even more heroic famous-to-be-name leader will embark on a suicidal mission for the benefit of the mankind and in the last minute save the earth from total destruction...yeah, right

...though it could turn out to be entertaining if they play it right, which still remains to be seen, but i wouldn't count on it
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.11.10) , yoco (13.11.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Ya, I have to agree.
    But that is what Hollywood is all about.
    Basically, the entertainment industry down in the States is full of it. Actually, the entertainment industry all across North America continually reinvents itself over and over again by recycling the same garbage over and over again.

Blood, death, gore, alien invasion and the earth is in trouble or it's going to get blown in smithereens while the humans are cooked in a kettle for the aliens din-din, etc...etc....

There's only one reason for Hollywood's producers in doing this and that basically is to make as much money from poor quality film plots and they get away with it because they know that people are going to do anything to help themselves avoid talking to each other.

I find that talking about Hollywood's trashy films which exploit the masses with these previews of all these explosive images, killings, death and destruction, a threat to humanity, etc...etc...is virtually pointless.

I kind of stopped watching films from Hollywood lately. I find that films from abroad from places such as Europe or even from Russia as well as South America offer somewhat of a better plot quality. That is, something that is a bit more artistic in nature.

At least that is my opinion.
    Maybe not others, but it is mine nonetheless.

On a side note there are some countries, most notably the US, that is doing covert research and real-life application on outer space weaponry. One need only to google.video these things.

.....in reality it would be as if a n00b unit of farmers tried to attack a high-tech trained unit of super-soldiers,....
    definity.
    That's for sure.
    Sure, one could argue why on earth an alien force would even consider attacking primitive earth ( primitive from the alien's perspective, that is....at least I'm thinking that we would be considered primitive with respect to alien technologies )
    Then again, maybe earthlings have the natural resource that are coveted by an alien society. Who knows.....??
    What-ever the reason, that's secondary.

What is primary is the unbelievability of this movie.
    It's like Darth Vader never said "Wa-hoo!".

Most of the films from Hollywood, again IMHO, are like teen-sex movies where the teeny-poppers, who are played by twenty-somethings, or college kids being played by thirty-somethings have to get laid and surprise !!!
    Out-of-control-hilarity-ensues.
    It's like watching "Porkies" all over again.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (14.11.10)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7980
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7980
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss55
    I love the trailers and i belive the movie will be pretty good but....does anyone has the feeling they showed too much already ? i mean think back to the ID4 trailer....man the movie was way awesome than the trailer predicted and this new trend of stuffing all the best parts in the trailer makes the movie experience feel devoid of any surprises. The only movie that pulled it off allthough i had serious concerns about it showing too much in the trailers was Avatar. The movie was way much more than what you saw in the promos....but hey, Avatar is Avatar
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7980
    I watched it last night! OMG!!! Movie was incredible. I didn't expect much since I heard a lot of people talking how bad this movie really is, but I loved it! Seriously, it was amazing!!!

9/10
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    What did you like most about it, yoco??
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7980
    Action, actors, special effects, music! Pretty much everything!
    End is completely hollywood like. but that's to be expected!
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (04.06.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss296
    downloading it now - apparently it's surprisingly watchable - not quite the huge turkey that a lot of people think it would be...
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread