P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266

Insane moment at my job - Coworker's ignorance over 9000

Hi all,

I came to share with you an insane moment I just had at my job (and to let some steam out).
    I work as a Quality Analyst (a software tester) at an important software factory. I've always worked in a crappy telco project that is going nowhere, and teaching me nothing. I've recently started looking for another position internally, but things move slowly, so I started listening to job offers outside the company. In a few words, I can't stand this crappy project anymore and I am looking for a change.
    So, today I found some chic sitting right between my computer and my boss' (we share long desks, she was sitting between computers). My boss sits next to me, and this chic was a QA for another project she is running (it is common for them to work at multiple projects.
    Long story short, she worked at another crappy project with mainframe (Jurassic IBM equipment) and was reassigned to a mobile project, on Android (kind of every QA's dream job) and received a MOTOROLA XOOM to test the app...Yes, the latest and the most powerful table out there.

So, why am i pissed?
    Simple:

-She didn't know what android "IS".
    -She said "I read in [CRAPPY LOCAL NEWSPAPER] that this devices are going to be replaced by something like a notebook but smaller,like a pc, since these are old".
    -When I told her that the XOOM has state of the art specs, she was surprised and asked "But can this replace a computer?", proving she did not have the slightest idea of what a tablet is.
    -She continued to ask me for a template to design test cases (test cases are instructions to test an application/website/process), even though that is an NDA violation, and a nonsense request as each webpage, application and process requires specifics preconditions and steps and result (this is like asking for a Toaster's user manual to see how to operate a submarine)
    -When I told her that it would NOT help her to get my test cases, we had this conversation:
    she: but you test a website.
    me: right, but do you?
    she: I do.
    me: Aren't you testing an application for Android?
    she: I don't know, for me "this" (pointing at the xoom) is web
    me: I don't think you are testing a website, are you using a browser to open your app?
    she: Yeah I am...i think so..-turns to our boss- Am I?
    boss: No you are not, it is an android application, with a customary design, you can't use another project's test cases.
    she: oh ok, I thought that since this is "web" it was all the same thing, you know, you use a username and password in all websites.
    me:...
    she: so can you give me your email so I can ask you some questions and get the templates?
    me:...I don't think that is going to help you, you have to design test cases that match your app's design
    she: Oh ok is just that I don't know anything about "web" and thought you might help me.

She kept on saying how android, or the tablet, or the app where "web", and I tried to explain her how "web" is not an OS, a device, or a native application.

Oh and to top it all, SHE DOES NOT SPEAK ENGLISH...and is assigned to a project for a LEADING American software company. By the way the XOOM and the app are both in that language.
    So if you know squat about your job, nothing about the technologies you work with, behave like an idiot, ask your coworker's to divulge confidential information, and you don't speak the customer's language, you get to work with one of the leading software companies in the world. For fucks sake I had to connect the motherfucking tablet to the motherfucking wifi because she didn't know how!

I am SO pissed!

Did something like this happen to any of you?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrentRatioMaster 1.9.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Sounds like she fucked the right person in the right place and used it as a bargaining tool. Nobody in their right mind would of put on her that project, she should be an intern not a QA, she's a liability.

Dumb shit happens all the time... I remember working at a Burger King years ago where the girls got to just sit on the till all the time (quite easy work) while they always had me lift heavy boxes, clean the bins/toilets and do generally crappier tasks. It pissed me off, I was by no means in any great muscular shape at the time but the girls would always say how they cant do those jobs by playing on their physical inferiority so they just got to do the easiest task the job had to offer.

Inequality is everywhere, if you cant change it you just got to accept it and move on.. focus on how well you're doing, not how well somebody else is doing on weak credentials.. that'll only serve to piss yourself off.
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 01.06.11 at 18:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39546
    Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    Sounds like she fucked the right person in the right place and used it as a bargaining tool.
    Took the words right outta my mouth.

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Took the words right outta my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    Sounds like she fucked the right person in the right place and used it as a bargaining tool.
    Thanks but I do not think that is the case here, although she was cute and did use her charms on me. Here it's all about not thinking, taking orders, smiling at your boss' jokes and go have some drinks when someone tells you there is an after office,; otherwise, you are out. This comes natural to some people, I for myself have a hard time dealing with mediocrity; and you wouldn't believe the inappropriate comments I've heard in this office! A gay coworker had to file a complaint because another coworker kept on bashing him for being gay(making rude, out loud comments about gay people, in front of this guy), a former female coworker had the same issue with the same guy. In fact this pervert ACKNOWLEDGED that he hired this female coworker simply because she was pretty. Oh and do not get me started on my former boss, who FORCED each new team member to answer a series of questions about their most intimate details of their sex life. I had to refuse to answer this questions several times when I first came in, but of course, I was the douche for not playing along and telling things like: how many woman I fucked, if I ever fucked a tranny, If I like to use food to fuck, If I ever participated in an orgy, etc.
    Anyway, this company always advertises the way they try to create a stress free environment by having video games, ping pong, gym class, etc; but ends up treating you like a spare part and not acknowledging your professional and personal goals...but hey, there's a free fruit basket and bakery on fridays!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread