P2P Client
    Any
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9

Japan Holiday

Hi all,

I am thinking about travelling to Japan after my final exams and am pondering a few thoughts.

Heres my questions;

Does anyone know the costs of WD 2tb 64mb Cache Drives ?

If I bring 10+ drives in my luggage will customs plug them in and search them?

Say I staff and download a few Linux Iso's will customs go to the length of plugging them in and checking them?

Do Japan censor/log what is torrented/useneted?

A site with expected internet costs and speeds? Where should I go to achieve these speeds?

Thanks, Chris
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    I have been in Japan on vacation from 14.07-29.07 this year and here's some advice for you:
    Do not buy electronics in Japan, because it's at least 30% more expensive than the most expensive store you know in your vicinity!
    If you bring ten drives with you, you will be strip-searched and every body cavity will be fingered at least three times. All of them will be confiscated for more-in-deep examination!
    Japanese Internet Providers are far more strict regarding P2P than european ISP's. But the Internet connections are excellent, talking about high-speed optical-fiber and cable. So it maybe depends on the config' of your client...

However you might be lucky at the customs, like i was. When they asked me what items i had in my luggage i just lied and told them i was visiting a japanese family for a week and i only brought presents and gifts for them, like books, shoes and chocolate with me. They let me pass without any further questions or searching. Lucky me

And i don't understand your last question. Are you capable of reading japanese? There are hardly any listings with japanese ISP's pricings in English...
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

soso (15.09.10) , Extraterrestrial (14.09.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    I have never had a problem with bringing externals over before, but I only bring 1 or 2...bringing that many they will question you for sure. But as for the cost, I got mine on special for $129 CAD + tax
    But Japan is strict on content being downloaded and uploaded...I personally didnt have a problem when I went (I only downloaded a few tv shows and movies though....seeding on torrents was pretty crappy considering I Was on a 100mbit up and down connection).
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread