Poll: Which mod is better in your opinion?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which is better : Vuze VS uSerenity ?

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39510
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Owyn, if i am not mistaken (read it somewhere) a bug was found in BT protocol, so, if let's in uT somebody put a negative number in 'Maximum upload rate' (you can't type it in uT, you will have to type it in Notepad and then copy/paste), then uT wouldn't upload.
    It wasn't a bug in the BT protocol, but rather in uTorrent - pasting a negative number from Notepad as the amount of upload slots would prevent uploading. And yes, that was hastily fixed by our beloved uT development team.

"Official" thread here:
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=10483
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

seldom (29.08.10) , Owyn (29.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss231
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    its unfair to some extent to compare both of them since VEM has been a established client for some time with tons of features , whereas Serenity is the new kid on the block rapidly improving day by day and many ideas which could be implemented in the future by Owyn to make it to the level of VEM.
    Not only this but Serenity has to be reverse engineered and recoded in assembly.
    VEM is still more powerful, but you can't really get any more leet than Owyn's work.
    Thanks

I prefer uSerenity over Vuze Mod, mainly due to a serious dislike of all things Java-based. There are a few features of VM that I wish uSerenity had, but it's not enough reason to use MN.
    Thanks

havent used serenity yet, so voting for VEM.. its the only tool which has kept me alive on what.cd till now
    Thanks

I prefer vuze than serenity because I can cheat everywhere with it and I can select various fake scenarios using it's settings. The bad side is that it's pretty bloated but it should be a problem on dual-core and up systems.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    Quote Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
    UPload traffic isn't counted for 100% of ISP with limited traffic tarrifs i know, maybe it's really diffrerent in your country

btw i can't just push some button and make noupload it needs much reversing, found place where it sends file pieces and where it adds upload from them to torrent stat but that far nothing which could help the task
    No Upload feature for Serenity would bring balance between Vuze and uTorrent - No more blaming Vuze for being only bad client (at Private trackers) and no more being stucked at Vuze for people willing to use just no upload(upload capacity/traffic capacity/extreme law).
    Last edited by Vation; 06.10.10 at 10:48.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39510
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    The bad side is that it's pretty bloated but it should be a problem on dual-core and up systems.
    I have a 5+ years old PC. AMD Athlon 3000+ (actually running at ~2170Mhz) and 1.5GB of RAM. Keeping Vuze running in the background never really gave me any speed issues. It does tend to freeze a bit when you add too many torrents, though.

Vation, just for the record, sarutobi's Shareaza mod also has no upload.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    several
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss565
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Vation, just for the record, sarutobi's Shareaza mod also has no upload.
    Shareaza is the client with UI that few can stand... My point was about large market share clients

Poll result 1,5:1 VEM:Serenity means Vuze popularity loss.
    Last edited by Vation; 06.10.10 at 16:57.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234