+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RSAnimate

RSAnimate

I love RSA and thought I'd share! A whole number of nicely animated clips that really make you think about things.

And here's one now:

Last edited by Sazzy; 20.07.10 at 23:45.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (22.07.10) , Blocker (22.07.10) , desodorante (22.07.10) , SBfreak (21.07.10)

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    I am impressed, very impressed. The way this guy talks, his approach to communication is absolutely fantastic.
    I sort of work in a place where they try to follow this "money is not everything" policy, but they do a half ass job to be honest
    Like, we have free fruit some days and bakery on fridays, massages (paid, but cheap), PS2, 42" LCD with cable tv etc etc etc but they wont replace your headset to do voip because you have a phone...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    nice video...

though i see this as another clever way of manipulation:

give the employees enough money so that they won't think about getting more constantly (most will 'make peace' with the assumption they have a good job and are better off than many others and thus won't be too willing to loose those benefits, so the employer gets a decent, relatively satisfied employee)

now, give the employees a sense (illusion) of independence/importance/creative freedom so that they can be more willing to express themselves and their ideas, ie. the employer gets to tap into their creativity without having to pay any extra and the employees even like it! (its fun)

and finally, the employer cleverly creates an illusion of grandeur considering the purpose of his company (they're out to 'save' the world, make it a better place, make a difference), imbuing/indoctrinating the employees with it until they become 'true believers' (sounds like religion) and start preaching themselves, ie. working their ass off for a 'greater cause', again without even asking to be paid extra (they do it because 'they want to')

what you get is sort of manipulated eager fanatics/workaholics for a cause, whereas the employer rubs his hands in satisfaction and naturally profits on several levels - now, whether his company is actually making a 'positive' change is quite questionable

as for all that psychological/sociological research - on one side its interesting to find out how the human (behavior) works, but on the other hand it will most certainly be (ab)used by companies (especially those with access to or implementation of such research or even financing it in the first place) trying to control/manipulate/steer their consumers & employees for maximum profit (or some level of addiction), not to mention that such issues are usually downplayed in the media, or perhaps misrepresented with a nice, entertaining animation
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread