+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Asus ARES: Is This The One Graphics Card To Rule Them All?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191

Asus ARES: Is This The One Graphics Card To Rule Them All?

Asus' new ARES immediately earns bragging rights as one of the fastest single graphics cards ever created. We put the beast through a gauntlet of tests to measure this product's true power. At the end of the day, we answer whether it's worth four digits.

I love computer hardware. In fact, I love it so much that I built my career around it. But I have to admit, after reviewing countless graphics cards, nothing has ever come close to the excitement I experienced when I purchased my first 'big league' graphics card (It was the Canopus Pure3D by the way, sporting a colossal 6 MB of RAM when all of the other 3dfx Voodoo cards only had 4 MB). The point is that, as an experienced reviewer tasked with testing hardware all day, it's rare that I feel anything close to the gleeful anticipation I did in the days of my youth.

How strange for me, then, when I come to realize that I'm wearing a huge cheese-eating grin while unpacking the Asus ARES graphics card.

At first I am a bit puzzled by the package on my doorstep. Asus mentioned that a graphics card was being sent for review. But this package is huge. It looks more the size of a laptop. There's very little information about the product inside, other than a Republic of Gamers (RoG) logo on the top left and some small Radeon-related logos on the bottom.
    Asus ARES: Is This The One Graphics Card To Rule Them All? : ARES, The Greek God Of War
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Dynamic (05.09.10) , slikrapid (17.07.10) , Mihai (17.07.10) , cheatos (17.07.10)

Bah.Nvidia is still the best.
    Their drivers are awesome.With every new release I get better performances on the same game.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    the ruling graphics card would be one that can hold its throne against multiple contenders over an extended period of time, what kind of a kingdom is that where every 6 months or so a new king dethrones the old one?
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Dynamic (05.09.10)

+ Reply to Thread