Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay for rapidshare?

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39525
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Also, I doubt the exchange rate is THAT terrible to completely avoid it. Are they really that high?
    ~5 to 1.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Crystal, that totally reminded me of this. It's sad, to say the least. But you're absolutely right. It's probably going to be even higher than that.

@anon: Look harder!
    Also, I doubt the exchange rate is THAT terrible to completely avoid it. Are they really that high? Even 20-30 cents a day is still low and this is more than double.
    i just read the article now and thats really shameless . the one and only standard pathetic and senseless excuse with pirates is " those singers/companies are rich so they wont care if i download etc " .they really need to read this thread of how pathetic people can be when all they wanted is to donate the earning of 1$ games to Charity ...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    I find it quite hilarious that most people are complaining about the cost over all the other, real reasons
    its just as real reason as any other, imo they just don't want to spend more, even if its a fraction of the internet access cost, its still an additional cost nevertheless, not to mention that rapidshare doesn't have that much to offer in the first place and i mean their service (limits, additional premium value) is lacking (not the user willingness to upload there) and not to mention the perceived value of higher speed over better access and so on

even if they were almost free, some things just can't reach a higher level of appeal or popularity for whatever reason, meaning its not just money that shapes people's needs/views
    Almost sounds as if torrents have made everyone super spoiled, as if anything in life is free!
    quite possible, torrenting may have managed to come as close to a 'perfect' system as possible so far in terms of filesharing, whereas other methods serve mostly as additional means to get stuff, just as a backup option

Keep in mind that actually buying all the stuff you're getting from there, would cost you a fortune.
    exactly why people aren't buying it, at least not in the same way or amount as some time before filesharing, furthermore they are getting more aware of their consumer status & the greedy corporate agenda driving it ie. feeding on it

ultimately, its up to the user and his perception/attitude, if they think its worth the price tag they will pay for it, if not, well, tough luck for the company

Quote Originally Posted by crystal
    The biggest irony of all is that people will buy the most expensive internet service with the highest speeds and spend on 1GBit/100 MBit seedboxes to leech warez content , but will not spend the 1$ to buy something legally
    i'm sure things aren't that extreme with the majority of internet users, also there is evidence that the entertainment industry is not anywhere near bankruptcy, they are just stubborn at letting go of previous cash cows, unaccustomed at consumers exercising some alternative viewpoints

oh, and regarding that 'charity' stuff, just labeling something as 'charity' doesn't necessarily mean its not an exploitative marketing trick, not to mention who would be interested in those games anyway or that the (respectable) cracking teams afaik have no bias concerning who the game(s) authors are or what they stand for (its basically/usually a game of outmatching the (costly) software protection systems, hacking the system so to speak - and if it happened to a corporation, a fitting phrase would be: 'it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy')

Quote Originally Posted by crystal
    read this thread of how pathetic people can be when all they wanted is to donate the earning of 1$ games to Charity
    so whats the big deal? those who wanted to donate surely did so
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    also there is evidence that the entertainment industry is not anywhere near bankruptcy, they are just stubborn at letting go of previous cash cows, unaccustomed at consumers exercising some alternative viewpoints
    i am not directing this to you personally , but thats the most rubbish justification i have seen quite occasionally around the net by many people to justify piracy . its very easy to talk about justifying piracy since our money is not lost and someone else's . just because they are rich and have lots of money does not justify pirating their products , but we do it and we know its morally wrong . so hypothetically if you or anyone in your family is a new singer who releases his first album which will earn a hell of a lot , i guess you wont be happy at all to see lots of potential buyers pirating you or your family's member album rather than paying for your hard earned work , would you ? thats EXACTLY how they will feel .

oh, and regarding that 'charity' stuff, just labeling something as 'charity' doesn't necessarily mean its not an exploitative marketing trick, not to mention who would be interested in those games anyway or that the (respectable) cracking teams afaik have no bias concerning who the game(s) authors are or what they stand for (its basically/usually a game of outmatching the (costly) software protection systems, hacking the system so to speak - and if it happened to a corporation, a fitting phrase would be: 'it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy')

so whats the big deal? those who wanted to donate surely did so
    charity maybe a last resort trick for companies , but in this case it clearly evident this was not a trick . they are clearly not EA or Ubisoft and do not have a big audience to cater for . what they did was a good cause in their own little way . those who wanted to donate , donated but does not mean it was not a "big deal" for the company or the charity institution involved . of course its not a big deal for you since you were in no way involved in this , neither was i but i felt bad as what happened according to me was shameful but thats my opinion . as i said before , its very easy to talk all day sitting in front of the computer and justifying piracy when your not at the receiving end of it .
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ~5 to 1.
    What? That's crazy, okay you're excused from not wanting to pay this! : )

its just as real reason as any other, imo they just don't want to spend more, even if its a fraction of the internet access cost, its still an additional cost nevertheless, not to mention that rapidshare doesn't have that much to offer in the first place and i mean their service (limits, additional premium value) is lacking (not the user willingness to upload there) and not to mention the perceived value of higher speed over better access and so on
    i'm not bitching about the fact that ppl don't want to pay extra. It's understandable. Especially since 59 euros is not exactly a low price. I am, however, bitching about this particular case that most people whine about the cost, which is just stupidly low, seeing you get to use the service for over a full year. There are enough reasons to not like RS. In a small comparison, it would take 40 days of using RS to enable me to take the bus just once. 40! So it's just not a big deal at all.

oh, and regarding that 'charity' stuff, just labeling something as 'charity' doesn't necessarily mean its not an exploitative marketing trick
    still, it's low to pirate a charity thing. It's one thing trying to rebel as a cracking group and another to block money going to people (? or animals i dont know which charity it was) that actually need it to survive.

Especially since you could offer whatever you wanted, plus the article said "With all proceeds going to charity". Sure you can say it might be a trick to get you to buy other stuff, but you know you won't do that unless you already wanted to.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    thats the most rubbish justification i have seen quite occasionally around the net
    you're missing the point, its not a justification of anyone's actions, its an observation of their behavior and some digital age trends

but we do it and we know its morally wrong
    depends on one's definition of morality and legality (both user & corporate) - none are timeless characteristics set in stone and they change occasionally when the need arrives, i'd say a few tens of millions worldwide users may just be enough to qualify as an expression of this necessity to change previous views on digital media

you wont be happy at all to see lots of potential buyers pirating you or your family's member album rather than paying for your hard earned work , would you ?
    well, maybe they need to change the way they are making & selling their products, according to the market movements, maybe they should go out and share their art in order to create/widen a 'fan' base and interest in what they are doing/creating, they should figure it out for themselves if they're gonna do some business...then there is also the option to be a corporate contract slave too

in this case it clearly evident this was not a trick . they are clearly not EA or Ubisoft and do not have a big audience to cater for
    who knows, there are too many scams going around as it is - if they are that small i'm pretty sure this media coverage (and subsequent results) did them more good than their 'bundle' getting pirated (or shared, which again creates new fans and so on)

...and no i don't feel bad for them, i've got better things to do with my emotions than to waste 'em on some (questionable) sales/charity kind of thing somewhere

edit:

yet you are willing to spend all that time posting about it
    i felt generous today
    Last edited by slikrapid; 15.06.10 at 00:49.
    Thanks

...and no i don't feel bad for them, i've got better things to do with my emotions than to waste 'em on some (questionable) sales/charity kind of thing somewhere
    yet you are willing to spend all that time posting about it x3
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Well, I would pay for RS, if I had a better connection. My speed really sucks, so the limited speed is enough for me.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss25
    No, I wouldn't. Too many free alternatives.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ~5 to 1.
    What? That's crazy, okay you're excused from not wanting to pay this! : )
    u need to also consider does 1unit=1unit, the inflation and cost f living needs to be taken into account too

1 unit although maybe worth less than in USD but that same unit u can still buy more in real terms in the other country.
    Last edited by saebrtooth; 20.06.10 at 04:22.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

frezz
    nei würde ich nicht, allein schon weil die das alte sytem mit dem rapidshare free und premium punkten gelöscht haben nun zahlen uploader für das uppen und können ihren account nicht mehr durch das uppen verlängern

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39525
    English please

Google translation:
    nei I would not, if only because of the old sytem have rapidshare premium and free with the deleted points pay now for the uploader oop and can not account their extended by oop
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    No, I wouldn't, because they deleted the old system with the RS free and premium points, the uploader pay to upload and they can't get their acc extended if they upload.
    Last edited by C3PO; 23.06.10 at 14:52.
    Thanks

That only worked if you're a popular uploader though with enough people wanting to download as free user.

I think the biggest part of RS users didn't even get to use this system.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    not sure cuz' i don't have more money
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast