+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BP's Top Kill Effort Fails to Plug Gulf Oil Leak

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191

BP's Top Kill Effort Fails to Plug Gulf Oil Leak

The most ambitious bid yet to stop the worst oil spill in U.S. history ended in failure Saturday after BP was unable to overwhelm the gusher of crude with heavy fluids and junk. President Obama called the setback "as enraging as it is heartbreaking."

The oil giant immediately began readying its next attempted fix, using robot submarines to cut the pipe that's gushing the oil and cap it with funnel-like device, but the only guaranteed solution remains more than two months away.
    BP's Top Kill Effort Fails to Plug Gulf Oil Leak - ABC News
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

shadowww (31.05.10) , slikrapid (31.05.10) , SealLion (31.05.10) , caballero (31.05.10) , Vation (30.05.10) , saebrtooth (30.05.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    oh my, they are trying so hard to stop the spill
    imo, thats not nearly enough effort, what happened to double, triple security in large companies...actually it makes one wonder whats taking them so long, is it all just a freaky accident or do we have some intentional malfunctions & negligence happening

some possibilities:

Gulf Coast Oil Spill Conspiracy: Muzzling the Media, and Finding a Scapegoat

And finally, while the White House threatens the press and points decorated officers towards the plank, it gets down to the real business behind the scenes...looting even more money from the American taxpayer:

Congress is getting ready to quadruple to 32 cents a barrel a tax on oil used to help finance cleanups. The increase would raise nearly $11 billion over the next decade....

...from ordinary Americans, of course. And will the money be kept in an "oil spill kitty", or be used to fund the first welfare program that start to flail, like, say, Obamacare? Gee, that's a tough one...

and offshore drilling will become a think of the past in exchange for magic carpets and flying unicorns, and within the next few weeks, gasoline will skyrocket as Congress pockets the cash, leaving the average citizen even more strapped than he/she was before BP's rig mysteriously blew...

But the government will be in better shape, financially and ideologically, than they were previously. And really, wasn't that the only goal here? Obama is sweating this scam out, but he still can smell victory right around the corner...
    Code:
    http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2010/05/gulf-coast-oil-spill-conspiracy.html
    some user comments:

* Obama wants universal healthcare--we got H1N1 shortly after his election (and it didn't work, but created the atmosphere of fear)

* The government took over GM--now Toyota (a competitor) is having major problems.

* Obama talks about alternative sources of energies--we get a coal mining accident and a devastating oil spill (to fuel the mindset of 'fossil fuels are bad for us')

* Obama talks about fighting terrorism--but then we have an attempted car bombing in Times Square with intricate planning and devices, but the wrong grade of fertilizer (wouldn't be good to blow up people who could end up supporting you if you 'save' them)
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

shadowww (31.05.10) , caballero (31.05.10) , SealLion (31.05.10)

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    I will not go into any suspicious motives of questionable moral of USA/BP, I'll just say, that I belive if they really wanted to shut this damn thing down they would do it in like 72 hours. There has been similar case before (in some mid years of 20 century I think, forgot the year) and best options for shutting that pandora's box down are well known. Why they still didn't do it, its beyond me.
    I'm just deeply dissapointed. And mad. At the times when I think about it. So I prefer not to think. About it.
    Last edited by shadowww; 31.05.10 at 00:30. Reason: year wording
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (31.05.10) , caballero (31.05.10) , SealLion (31.05.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    oh, ya. Of course this is just a big farce.

It isn't just the government that gets to rake in the 11 billion dollars that suppossedly would come from this spill. ...oil corportations have their take too. Just think of the premiums taken in from higher gas and oil prices.

This is usually the case when there is some kind of 'catastrophe' happening. It's like when the wind blows up a hurricane and the stocks on a number of commodities increase. Such as off-shore oil drilling and the associated oil prices that comes with an off-shore oil rig is left floating in a wreckage all over the seas.

when that happens, you know that there is a supposed oil shortage and of course, the price of oil goes up.

Never mind about a suppossed 'oil shortage'.
    IMO, that doesn't exist.
    Never has nor ever will.

who profits from these increased oil price hikes??

....er....let me see now. What are the options??
    1. the consumer...??...NOPE
    2. the government...??...for sure. Think of the profits and associated royalities.
    3. oil companies like BP, Shell, Exxon.....??...oh, ya. You can bet your bottom dollar on it.
    Stocks for them increase. remember, what the bottom line is....

It looks like this:

it's not so much the environment that is of any concern to those who's interest is how much fatter does thier wallet get. The main intersest of the stock investor, who is of primary interest and of greatest concern to the oil company, is the production of money.

Yes. Of course the stock market investor is very interested in how the environment is affected, but the big-wigs over at BP, Shell, et al aren't overly concerned about the environment.

What is important??

It sounds like this: cha-ching, cha-ching!!!!

with respect to supposed oil shortages....this is not true. Since gasoline is a refined product of oil, a reputable magazine states in one of it's editorial/ news postings that gasoline is not even close to being on the list of non-renewable shortages:

Gasoline reserves on hand are at the highest levels since the early 1990s, which is remarkable considering the nation's refineries have been cutting back on the production of gasoline because their margins have declined. In fact, average gasoline reserves on hand have risen
    Link: Business Week

Here look. ...do you think that oil exploration companies are at all concerned over biodiversity issues in ecological fragile locations??....I doubt it.

The western Amazon, home to the most biodiverse and intact rainforest on Earth, may soon be covered with oilrigs and pipelines. Vast swaths of the region are to be opened for oil and gas exploration, putting some of the planet’s most pristine and biodiverse forests at risk,........thirty-five multinational oil and gas companies operate over 180 oil and gas “blocks”—areas zoned for exploration and development......

Projecdt Censored

Again. ....What's important is not so much the value of biodiversity of vegetation and animals in the area, which you can imagine DO get affected by the razing up of the land to make ways for roads,
    setting up of the equipment,
    setting up of trailers for the workers to live in,
    setting up porto-potties as human waste has to go somewhere,
    and then of/c there's always the spillage of lubricating oils for the equipment and of course the daily garbage from paper and plastic, and so on and so on.......
    ...it's the production of non-renewable resources and the influx of money that it brings on to the companies and thier stock market investing clients. That is what is more importants.
    In short, no-one in corporate office is highly concerned about how production affects indingeionous peoples in the area. Nor for the flora that grows in these places too.

The western Amazon is also home to many indigenous ethnic groups, including some of the world’s last uncontacted peoples living in voluntary isolation....Underlying this landscape.......are large reserves of oil and gas
    Who cares about all of that.
    Vegetation doesn;'t make you fat with wealth.
    IT's money that makes you rich.

And of course, with the construction of a road network to satisfy the growth of these oil rigs and gas extraction facilities, comes hunting:

The creation of widespread road networks will put previously inaccessible forest at risk of deforestation, illegal hunting and logging,......

Here is one thing that I don't agree with that Project Censored published:\\

Growing global demand is stimulating unprecedented levels of new oil and gas exploration and extraction—and the threat of environmental and cultural devastation.
    I don't believe that at all. IMHO, I think that there are sufficient levels of non-renewable rescources for the human population. You see, I believe this b/c when a large extraction or oil company such as Shell or Exxon or BP or even Gazprom, which is the name of the Russian government oil company, state and have everyone believe( mainly the consumer) that there are shortages of oil, they do this because such shortages create wealth.

It's like this: When there is a hurricane and it threatens off-shore oil drilliing and oil spills all over the place, it creates a so-called shortage. Stocks increase and so does the price of oil. Subsequently, so does gasoline.
    When an oil tanker spills it's cargo, the price equally increase.

An increase creates so-0called shortages and as such, the demand increases. When demands go up, so also does the size of the corporations revenue.
    Simple.

People don't reallize how important oil is to begin with. It's not just gasoline that is a by-product of oil. Plastics have compositions of oil in them. So does some of our foods. some of our foods have composites of oil in it. I"ll let you figure out in which foods and so forth. Suffice it to say, I don't think it's all that harmless, though on the other hand, I could be wrong.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

shadowww (31.05.10) , slikrapid (31.05.10) , caballero (31.05.10)

+ Reply to Thread