+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audiophile & Videophile Discussion

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    it's like with videos,for some cam's and dvd's are same or they don't see difference between original and ripped,depend from man to man.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss231
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    I guess I found a setting that """enhances""" (don't like calling it that) all of the songs.
    good plugin.
    what about FLAC guys? do you prefert it over MP3 even in 320?
    I personally hear no difference between FLAC and MP3.
    even 320 mp3 and 256 mp3 sounds the same for me..
    I don't care having my music in VBR unless it's classic music which should be highest possible quality.
    Changing music with equilizers is audiophile no no

I prefer flac because it's lossless - it is what you get when you buy cd and nothing less.

320 will sound same to almost everyone, you should hear some differences from 256 tho in higher frequencies spectrum.

If you're listening to your music on the way to work/school v2 will be more than enough
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss552
    why are EQs bad? you seem to know a thing or two about the subject and I'd love to know..
    and about the lossless stuff: what does it matter when you hear no difference? I once heard a term about this subject: "Empty bytes".
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Just a simple test to hear the difference between the quality of music and also to not get a compliant from neighbours about noise from the police would be to buy a good pair of headphones at least $100-150 more of course would be better from a reputable dealer. Desktop speaker and those cheapo earphone just dont cut it, for IPod fans sorry but ur earphones too just dont cut it when it comes to high qual.

You will need a quiet place and some time load ur flac (or other losseless) and listen to the detail
    Then load ur 128bit mp3 or ogg (lossy) of the same music and see if u can hear the difference.
    Gradually load a higher bit rate 192...320 bitrate and each time compare it to the flac.

You should be able to detect differences in the 'quality' of the sound. Maybe high freq have turned to lower freq in the lossy? Or the deatail of some parts of the music havent even been reproduced.

Once ur used to the better quality u will always want it and make more room for it for personal enjoyment. You can always turn lossless into lower qual 128bitrate for your portable players but never the reversse. So this way you can have both high qual and lower qual stuff for any use.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss231
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    why are EQs bad? you seem to know a thing or two about the subject and I'd love to know..
    and about the lossless stuff: what does it matter when you hear no difference? I once heard a term about this subject: "Empty bytes".
    Well basically because they're changing the sound artist wanted you to hear. Music is already mixed by professionals, so no need for you to fix it
    Equilizers can compensate poor equipment, poor listening conditions and in some cases crappy mastering (usually bootlegs and live, but lately tons of normal cds too)

As for lossless it depends on what matters to you, few years ago it was mostly hard core fans that wanted them, today bandwidth is so cheap that it's really a question why would you pick a lossy.
    When you have losseless image/tracks with cue sheet, you can burn exact same copy of original cd and in the future you can encode it to any of lossy formats (v0, v2, 256, 320...) to carry around, which you can't do with lossy source without getting crappy results.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    there is also the question of availability, it is still much more likely to find something in mp3 than in lossless, and size (not to transfer but to store it), since they take up about 2-5 times more space, meaning take your digital music collection and multiply it by this and it looks a bit different, especially for large collections...then there is the question how good is this transfer done, error correction and whatnot

generally, on cheap computer speakers you won't hear the difference so you should ask yourself if it even makes sense to get more quality stuff - as for hifi territory, its basically a money devouring bottomless hole, tempting & addictive, guess it depends which way you're headed

as for bitrate more should be better, but it depends on the software (some use tricks like adding volume to higher bitrate to make the rip sound better, whereas its pretty much just louder) & codec used & how experienced the ripper is, so it may happen that a 192k quality rip outperforms a 320k one and so on
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss552
    Quote Originally Posted by grebetu View Post
    Well basically because they're changing the sound artist wanted you to hear. Music is already mixed by professionals, so no need for you to fix it
    yeah that is what I was always thinking.
    a track here or a track there the isn't mastered correctly or ones that just sound a lot better when applying EQ.
    I will stop using that DFX plugin for every son
    Thanks

Anyone using foobar??
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12