+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English:Iranian view of nuclear standoff

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English:Iranian view of nuclear standoff

check it out. Iran is in the news again.

Iran claims it has begun work to further enrich its stockpile of uranium to 20 per cent, saying that the higher-grade uranium will be made into fuel for a medical research reactor in the capital Tehran.
    WEll, that's just what they say. The nuclear club is pretty exclusive if your not aware of it.
    And I guess Iran want's to belong to that club.

...... US, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany are "moving along fairly quickly" to toughen measures against Iran.
    See what I mean??

I know that there's some speculation on whether or not Iran actually has nuclear weapons capability. But I'll let you read the short article.

there was suppossedly a video available on the site, but for some reason AJE removed it. Don't know why. Maybe it was removed due to pressure??
    That would be unusual considering the independent stance by AJE in news reportage even while being owned by one of the richest person's on the globe.

But anyways...

Here's the link:

Last edited by SealLion; 11.02.10 at 00:56.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (11.02.10) , saebrtooth (11.02.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Iran is in the news again.
    multiple times as a matter a fact, looks like the situation is heating up

Code:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/
    The nuclear club is pretty exclusive if your not aware of it.
    And I guess Iran want's to belong to that club.
    let me fix that list a bit:

have nukes:
    United States, Russia, United Kingdom, France, China
    India, Pakistan, North Korea
    Israel (no official confirmation, around 400 nukes)

allowed to handle nukes (under NATO):
    Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Turkey

Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons
    so, for a weapon one needs 90% pure uranium, iran has a handful of 20% pure - yet the nuclear club is furious for that outrage (as if they have any right, moral or whatsoever, to stop any country from becoming a nuclear power - they can complain, but thats about it, otherwise it would be an intrusion on a country's sovereignty) - as mentioned before, lack of evidence hasn't stopped usa from attacking iraq, guess if iran has a better chance of staying non-invaded? another option is a false-flag attack, blamed on a patsy (like 9/11) - it would depend on the real agenda here, is it just scare tactics for some benefits or more

here was suppossedly a video available on the site, but for some reason AJE removed it.
    there is a video now, but imo it is shortened for some reason
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (12.02.10) , SealLion (12.02.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    yes. your right about the list. Most especially of Israel. That country will never reveal the amount of nukes it has, let alone the very suspected fact of it having nuclear capability. It doesn't want to disturb it's neighbors, of course. Even though, those same neighbors, such as Jordan, Egypt, Syria, IRan, and Iraq, and a few others in the region remain quiet when-ever there's something big happening with Israel such as it's continuing program of establishing itself further and further onto Palestinian territory.

As for Pakistan having nuclear capability, suppose that county would fall into political control that is unfavorable to the US??
    There would most likely not be much concern for the US and it's other allies like the UK. I would surmise that would be because it's common, and I'm sure you know this as well, that enemies are only temporary and only engaged to make it look like they are enemies. Much like the Mujahadeen in the 80's , 90"s and even today as the reborn Taliban.

So for a country to own nuclear capability like Pakistan and then have the public vote for a different ideological government ( and cause a visible nuclear threat as seen by the West because of some Islamist centered-related government) would only be a minor concern for any Western country. At least for those who need to know, that is.

Pakistan only has those nuclear weapons because of it's neighbor India. Not really for anyone else.
    And the same with India too, though probably, I"m guessing it's also intended for that country's neighbor, China.
    and vice-versa too, I imagine.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (12.02.10) , slikrapid (12.02.10)

+ Reply to Thread