+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBC NEWS: Haiti earthquake: Thousands feared dead

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

BBC NEWS: Haiti earthquake: Thousands feared dead

I read the title on this news article on BBC and I couldn't help but think on how impoverished the people there in Haiti already are. And with the recent earthquake in Haiti, you can just imagine....

Tonnes of people left homeless, let alone the ones who perished in the quake.

check it out:

Haitian President Rene Preval has said thousands of people are feared dead following a huge quake which has devastated the country's capital.

Mr Preval said the UN mission chief in Haiti was among the dead, but the UN cannot confirm this. It said 14 other UN staff had died and 56 were injured.
    Apparantly, the quake was rated pretty devastatingly too:

The 7.0-magnitude quake, Haiti's worst in two centuries, struck on Tuesday.
    That's enough to shake my shoes loose, I'd say.

Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive told US network CNN he believed more than 100,000 people had died.

The Red Cross says up to three million people are affected
    Isn't that aweful. You've got one of the poorest nations on earth being hit with this earthquake and there's millions of people that are affected because of this event.
    It's not just the unemployed in Haiti, which apparently accounts for about 2/3 of the population, it's also people with large families that might now be homeless, which have no where to turn to.
    Literally homeless.

I would suspect that aid agencies are obviously going to help out, since a number of them operate there year-round anyways.
    Expect donation drives to probably increase b/c of this.

Here's the saddest thing in the whole article:

There are a lot of schools that have a lot of dead people in them."

And the strangest is this quote here from the US;

Speaking in Washington, US President Barack Obama vowed "unwavering support" for Haiti after what he called a "cruel and incomprehensible" disaster
    I don't get it. Mother Nature is incomprehensible, I guess.

But I dont' understand this here:

A US Navy aircraft carrier is expected to reach Haiti in a couple of days and a number of smaller vessels are already in the area, US defence officials said
    ''

What's military action got to do with saving people after they experienced an earthquake??
    Are they going to shoot what's left of the earthquake to smithereens??

I think that maybe they're just delivering food supplies from the ship over to Haiti,..perhaps.
    I really don't know....it kind of puzzles me, though. Unless the US is using an aircraft carrier as a method of transporting supplies on it's defense vessels as opposed to hiring ocean going charter carriers.

Anyways...with all the aid agencies already operating in Haiti year-round, I think that even they would have some trouble helping people:

A spokesman for medical charity Medecins sans Frontieres (MSF) said it was able only to offer basic care to the "massive influx" of survivors seeking help because all its buildings had been destroyed
    And of course, there's also the criminal element that one has to deal with over an event like this:

There were some reports of looting overnight.
    Maybe this is one of the reasons that there's a report of military presence in the area???

check out the map at the bottom of the link to see the entire area affected by the earthquake as it includes the Dominican Republic as well.

Here's the link:

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (14.01.10) , saebrtooth (14.01.10) , kelly (14.01.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    that's very sadly and I think,
    why it is allway's this island? the news in german speaking from 100000 thausend death's

I'll hope that the international Help very fast...

R.I.P for the death's

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

cheatos (14.01.10) , kazuya (14.01.10) , saebrtooth (14.01.10) , SealLion (14.01.10) , Instab (14.01.10)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    nice to see you posting in the english section although the subject is very sad.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I also hope that help comes pretty quick.
    As quick as those person's in Haiti need it.

and yes...the subject is extremely sad as Instab mentions.

Can you just imagine that over 3 million people in Haiti have been affected??
    What a huge number.
    And the deaths resultant of the earthquake.....??
    That is just staggering.

RIP for the one's who've passed on.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (14.01.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    And lets hope they pass on to a better place
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.01.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    i read also about maybe 100 000 dead people there.very big tragedy...
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.01.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    Germany helps with emergency aid of 1,5 Millionen €

but other europe nation to follow...

They will donate medicine that's the most important...

best regards

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    very bad events for the haitian population indeed, as if they don't suffer enough already

but the circumstances are suspicious nevertheless:

firstly the event itself - the earthquake - seems there hasn't been any in that area for over 50 years and that the area isn't very active at all, also every big quake caused a large tsunami, yet this one didn't

an 8.1-magnitude temblor that produced a tsunami and killed 1,790 people. Centered in the Dominican Republic, it extended into Haiti.
    Code:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/6978919/Haiti-earthquake-history-of-natural-disasters-to-hit-the-country.html
    The western portion of Haiti where yesterday's quake occurred is in a relatively low seismic risk region of the Caribbean (Figure 2). Large quakes are uncommon in Haiti. The worst quake in Haitian history was probably the May 7, 1842 magnitude 7.7 Cap-Haitien earthquake. This massive tremor hit a fault on the northern portion of the island, killing 10,000; three hundred of these deaths were from a large tsunami generated by the quake.
    Code:
    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1412
    the common events are storms & hurricanes every few years - an unusual exception was in 2008 with 4 hurricanes in the same year

also there were predictions of the event, which is suspicious in itself, as we know how science today has a very low accuracy in predictions of such events - one was mentioned in 2008 (the multiple storm year):

Two years ago at the 2008 Caribbean Geological Conference, the Austin-based group asserted that there was enough stress built up to cause a magnitude 7.2 earthquake, Nature News reported (Scientific American is part of Nature Publishing Group).
    and another prediction just a week! before the event:

In an interview last week for an unrelated story, Robert Yeats, a professor emeritus in geoscience at Oregon State University in Corvallis and co-author of a June 1989 article for Scientific American "Hidden Earthquakes," said that an imminent big west coast earthquake concerned him far less than a "big one" that might occur in Haiti, due to the large fault near the capital city of Port-au-Prince—and the poverty-driven low level of earthquake-preparedness there.
    furthermore, the same scientist depicts iran (no less) as another location just waiting for an earthquake to happen

Last week, Yeats also called the city of Tehran "a time bomb that is waiting to go off." The North Tehran Fault could unleash an earthquake similarly massive to the one anticipated to strike southern California in the coming decades. But in the Iranian capital, he says, despite advanced regional technology, many of the buildings are not shake-proof. Other worrisome locales, he notes, are Lima, Peru, and Karachi, Pakistan, as well as and much of Turkey,
    Code:
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=haiti-earthquake-prediction
    next the location - what are the odds of a powerful quake occurring in an urban populated area - low at best, they mostly occur off-shore below the oceans

also, haiti has been a place of quite a number of political manipulations & controversies (including the usa & UN) - now this catastrophe can change their image into rescuers & saviors from a 'natural' disaster

successive Canadian governments have chosen to ignore this message and, instead, have multiplied workshops, conferences, meetings (usually, with little or no Haitian participation) to coordinate even more “aid” to Haiti. This is done in blatant disregard of the evidence that Haiti has, for far too long, been “aided to death” by its self-appointed foreign friends.
    Speaking about his own ‘civilized world’s responsibility to protect ‘others’ in early 2003, then-Minister for la Francophonie Denis Paradis was quoted by journalist Michel Vastel as follows: “I do not want to end up like Roméo Dallaire…” “Time is running out because, it is estimated that Haiti’s population could reach 20 million in 2009,” observed Vastel, before proceeding to quote Minister Paradis describing Haiti’s 99 percent African population as “a time bomb which must be stopped immediately!
    S Marines entered the residence of Haiti’s president, while Canadian RCMP soldiers secured the airport to facilitate the coup and occupation of Haiti. Since that fateful night, Haitians are no longer running Haiti and the bloodbath the foreign invaders claim to have intervened to avoid has reached unprecedented proportions, with full involvement of the UN forces engaged in what can only be defined as class and race warfare.
    Code:
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=13280
    another possibility is that the quake is caused by usa military experiments with exotic weaponry:

Directed Energy Weapon (DEW). Straight line from Guantanamo Bay to the epicenter of the quake (if it had an epicenter!)

The Cryptome documents (linked in a post presiously) are a fascinating read. From them is the claim that such Earthquakes could be generated from COIL's - Hi powerder LASERs about KH-11 type satellites. Looking for Sub based DEWs might be a wrong place to look. LASERS by they very nature are indeed one type of Directed Energy Weapons. There are other perhaps even more exotic -- such as those alleged to be of Scalar Weapons tech.

Remember where the DEWs are concerned they are nearly as hidden and secreted (especially to the US populaton) as the Manhatten Project very was. The "HAARPs" may in fact be a very convient mis-direction not that they might not be capable of such things but a very 'easy' scapegoat to mis-direct the public's awareness away from other forms of DEWS.
    just a reminder of earlier post ; plausible to consider several tactical scenario's; Venezuelan oil; underground cable to Latin American/ money transfer/ drug trafficking location/ infrastructure rebuilding and spending/ diversion for domestic policy manipulation/ provides cover for relocation of military assets to area in preparation for? / Depopulation agenda / .... should I go on ....? There is never just one thing as a motive .... it's an issue of taking tactical advantage of "unfortunate" circumstances ....

Even more scary than a weapon than could create this destruction allegedly, is a government poised to take such a widespread tactical advantage at the drop of a "accidental" hat ... while advancing such varied covert agenda's ....
    Code:
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message963814/pg9#15046833
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (16.01.10) , Snitlev (14.01.10) , SealLion (14.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    .....Canadian RCMP soldiers......
    The Mounties are actually police officers and not soldiers. RCMP officers.

The Mounties are cops.
    They just like wearing stetsons here.
    and no. ....They don't ride horses here to catch speeders.

But I do recall knowing of them being sent to Haiti at one time.

In the news, it was reported that they went there after the last dictator ( the Duvaliers if I recall correctly) was booted out and decided to retire with all his money, over to France.

So apparantly, they got sent to Haiti to do police related work and to train Haitian police in proper police etiquette (which I know is questionable on many occasions for any police force, regardless of where they are in the world), since the police in Haiti were always abusing thier citizens after their dictator's desire to subdue and control
    But that's beside the point.
    So with Canadian participation, the Mounties went of to Haiti to train the bad cops to try to be good cops.

Nevertheless, it is still a horrible event that took place in Haiti. Regardless of who or what governments are or were doing in Haiti.
    What's most important is that the Haitians have relief for thier suffering.
    Politics and everything else aside.....Haitians deserve some real help now.

Off all the money that is bieng spent on weapons of war, can you just imagine what could be done with that money to show real strength in helping people that need help around the world??

Just imagine buildings collapsing on top of other people who just don't know where to run because there's other buildings collapsing over them as well.
    Where do they run??
    They can't run anywhere...they get buried in the rubble along with thousands of other people.
    It just become something akin to a mass grave. It really saddened me to read in the news of kids being buried while inside school buildings.
    Families lose thier kids.
    Kids lose their parents. They might become orphans that most likely will cause more of a strain on what-ever social system that must exist in Haiti.
    As for all the one's that passed on.....

All I can think of saying is 'rest in peace', at least.
    Last edited by SealLion; 15.01.10 at 06:40.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (16.01.10) , slikrapid (15.01.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    It's a disaster, and absolutly Chaos, a lot of criminal People to a loot goods and rape the women!
    the military must to enforce discipline at once.

I'll hope the USA send a lot of military to the district and to arrange for Security...

mfg

Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (15.01.10)

P2P Client
    Vuzemaster
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    This is just tradgic...

Shit like this makes me seriously doubt in any religion, especially ones that say everything happens for a reason. What's the reason for so many good people dying...

Sigh... R.I.P
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

kazuya (15.01.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    Quote Originally Posted by GotIt View Post
    This is just tradgic...

Shit like this makes me seriously doubt in any religion, especially ones that say everything happens for a reason. What's the reason for so many good people dying...

Sigh... R.I.P
    that's why i believe only in what i self experience and not some religious shit...
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread