Thread: Al Jazeera English: VIDEO: Unborn children for sale in S Korea

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: VIDEO: Unborn children for sale in S Korea

check it out:

The illegal sale of children makes up more than half of all the cases of human trafficking around the world, according to recent estimates.

Traditionally it has involved the exploitation of children in poorer nations, but an Al Jazeera investigation has found that it is also happening in developed countries, such as South Korea.

For four months, Al Jazeera surfed community boards on popular Korean internet sites, and found an underground trade where pregnant women can sell their unborn children.
    So couples are selling their kids because there's not enough money going around. I can understand the thing about there not being enough money, but what about this idea:

Suppose a couple has a baby with a 'get rich quick' plan.

YOu know what I'm thinking......just a thought.

Here's the link:

Now I'm sure that there's adoption agencies in places like Korea. Maybe such couples don't want to give them up for adoption and instead opt for selling them.

Now here's something that I disagree strongly about:

IN the video, a husband or boyfriend, states that the reason that the couple are wanting to sell their baby is because he's in debt.

Not the woman. The man.

So they sell the baby, or at least want to, so that he can rid himself of his debts.
    If that isn't selfish, then I don't know what is...

I guess he must be too damn lazy to work for a living.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (26.11.09) , shadowww (26.11.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    i would agree with the nurse in the video - its just wrong to do it, to sell one's own baby and i'm pretty sure they heard about birth-control - on the other hand, if they want to have the baby (ie. give birth to it) and can't afford to raise it (or don't want to keep it) its ok to give it away for adoption (but it has to go through legal channels, with the appropriate paperwork), since imo its better for a kid to grow within a family where its 'wanted' (cared for), as opposed to 'unwanted' - even though these step-parents are sometimes just abusing the system usually for the monetary benefits (or worse, the baby) or the system is sometimes abusing its power (to take away the child), so no easy solution here

IN the video, a husband or boyfriend, states that the reason that the couple are wanting to sell their baby is because he's in debt.

Not the woman. The man.
    well, not really relevant who's got the debts, they are making the decision together

or they both are...just aiming for the easy money i guess
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (27.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss677
    Selling human beings is immoral and in my opinion in the same "league" as murder, because the will and sovereignty of a person is deeply violated.
    Adoption means, that the child is given away, because the circumstances dont let the child grow up properly, but it is for the better of the child, foremost because there is no real gain for the parents that are giving their child to adoption.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (27.11.09)

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post

Not the woman. The man.

So they sell the baby, or at least want to, so that he can rid himself of his debts.

If that isn't selfish, then I don't know what is...
    If they love each other, there shouldn't be he or she separations. They are one. Togeather in their problems and joys of life.

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Maybe he tries but simply can't get a job that could be enough paid for to get out of his problems. Its complex situation usually.

Desperate people seeks desperate solutions for their problems. Sure it is sad, but I see them as a victims of "system".

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    or they both are...just aiming for the easy money i guess
    Very sad situation if thats the case. Hope it isn't.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (27.11.09)

+ Reply to Thread