Last edited by mike; 13.03.09 at 14:06.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39506
    Wow, I was kind of half-hoping they'd make another article about cheating again.

The article has the usual tone - "you WILL get caught", "you WILL get banned", "don't do it", etc. They obviously don't want users to cheat (and well, they're right), but as some of the post comments from there read, if you don't want them to do so, why linking to a tool that enables you to, and explain how to use it..?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Glad FSF made another article about a cheating tool..but isn't this bad?? If more tracker admins find out about this tool won't they try to ban all that use it?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39506
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    isn't this bad?? If more tracker admins find out about this tool won't they try to ban all that use it?
    Things will still be the same regardless of tracker admins knowing or not about this tool. Since the announce and HTTP headers are sent correctly, you'll never be banned if you cheat with moderation, just like it is now.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (13.03.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss105
    I thought it was a nice touch linking to the ratiofaker blog, very kind of Sharky to help

Maybe SB-I will see some more traffic soon anon
    Thanks

Section Mod
    P2P Client
    uTorrent-1991
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3791
    nice statement there ...but life is in your hands..to get arrested or not

Nosce Te Ipsum
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1760
    )))
    I have not laugh so much from a long time . Nice comments has that article ))
    Tanks for that to Mike.

Just like Anon have said the funny part is that it's teaching how to cheat but the in the same time it's says "NOT TO Cheat" it's just like i put a candy in a baby hands and i say to him "Don't eat that candy" :))

Bottom Line RatioFaker it's a great tool, helped me on trackers that no mather how hard i tryed ratio still don't want to change.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39506
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Saibot View Post
    I have not laugh so much from a long time . Nice comments has that article ))
    Even tracker admins have posted on it. One of them, supposedly the SceneRace sysop, has stated to have successfully tested RF on his own tracker (even the PMR works there ), stressed its undetectability when used correctly, and promised to start using his seedboxes on other accounts.

A What.cd staff member went for the more usual "you WILL get banned".

And there's this stupid "sysop (hidden)" sending death threats to Sharky...
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1760
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Even tracker admins have posted on it. One of them, supposedly the SceneRace sysop, has stated to have successfully tested RF on his own tracker (even the PMR works there ), stressed its undetectability when used correctly, and promised to start using his seedboxes on other accounts.

A What.cd staff member went for the more usual "you WILL get banned".

And there's this stupid "sysop (hidden)" sending death threats to Sharky...
    Actually i have wanted to put some quotes from there but it was to much laugh for me in same day.

I liked very much the language of the sysop(hidden) very academic language for those admins ))....i have noticed from the past...when my Bad Luck was to speak with some of them ..man ..they act just like they are Supreme Gods or something and the Highest point of frustration for they is do not accept never the ideea that someguys are far more smart that they are and those guys (the smart one's) don't accept to act like sheeps..the direction that they try to implement.(just like the politics)

From my experience with trackers and site's in general i have learned something , that no mather what high level script an admin will put on a tracker always will be a far more inteligent guy that will make a program to pass that script...and this thing will never change..so they don't have nothing else to do that to accept this.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Well, I put a post in there. Did you see it.

HARHAR.

Actually, what I posted there is pretty much the truth, too.

At least on some occasions it is for me.

Oh, and yes. I"ll put my 2 cents in here about the following:

Will it get you banned? We’re really not sure, but it’s not worth the risk.
    this is crap!! For some person's, its very much worth the risk. And on many occasions, depending on where one lives on the globe, its a neccessity.

Should you use Ratio Faker? Not a chance. Do it the honest way, like everyone else - BitTorrent is for sharing, not cheating. If you’re looking to become a seedwhore, go out and get a seedbox.

This is also crap!!.

A lot of people on private torrent sites cheat. I wouldn't be surprised that at least half of the member's on private torrent sites that I"m a member of cheat themselves.

Guys…… stop using private trackers, they are unsecured. and switch back to public trackers again such as Mininova : The ultimate BitTorrent source! etc. look how many servers we have Servers - Mininova

Ya, right. They are unsecure??

Unsecure my ARS!! !!!When was the last time that you used a Public torrent site and, after reading the comments on a place like mininova, found that the torrent is infested with viral rats!!!

Last edited by SealLion; 15.03.09 at 02:32.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

cheatme (15.03.09)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39506
    @SealLion: Very good, but I hope you used a proxy.

And yes, it's with misinformation that they tell people not to cheat. Things like the usual "you WILL get caught", "it's easily detectable", "trackers ALWAYS share info", etc. kind of annoy me when I read them. Some have gone to the extent of posting crap like that cheating mods send information about your account in disguise directly to tracker admins, so as to instantly disable anyone using them.

Let's be honest, they're right on that cheating isn't good - but otherwise they have a very black and white point of view. You will not get caught if you cheat with moderation. With the right settings, it's very hard or impossible to detect. And although some do, most trackers don't share information. Having a 10kB/s upload speed and no time isn't an excuse not to seed that DVD9 1:1 (if you're able to!), it seems. And let's not talk about people being stupid enough to believe cheating boards and mods have been created just to ban them...

I think that if there were more neutral and realistic like the SceneRace sysop, and made statements such as:
    "Yes, using the right tool and settings (you can even use Telnet and Notepad), you can cheat your ratio, trick the tracker on that you are uploading, seeding, leeching, or haven't hit and ran, and if done correctly, you won't be detected nor banned. But please don't. Why? Because if everyone did so, you couldn't download, specially in community-oriented trackers where everyone's upload is about yours, and not 12.5mB/s. It doesn't take that much to leave your client seeding, and even with a 10kbs upload, you can seed a GB a day. On ratio-free trackers you won't even have to seed - just leave the thing open and you'll reach the 72 hours eventually. Sharing is caring."

More people would really upload instead of resorting to mods. And why? Because they won't be manipulated into not cheating or else, but instead be told the truths of both sides, and left to decide what to do. I seed all my public tracker torrents to 1.000 because I'm not forced to do so, there are actual people to upload to, and thanks to uTP I don't even notice I'm maxing out my upload when I surf or chat...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss57
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    I seed all my public tracker torrents to 1.000 because I'm not forced to do so, there are actual people to upload to, and thanks to uTP I don't even notice I'm maxing out my upload when I surf or chat...
    Wow, that was a big surprise, what is "uTP" ???
    Thanks

uTP, the micro transport protocol. This UDP-based reliable transport is designed to minimize latency, but still maximize bandwidth when the latency is not excessive. We use this for communication between peers instead of TCP, if both sides support it. In addition, we use information from this transport, if active, to control the transfer rate of TCP connections. This means uTorrent, when using uTP, should not kill your net connection - even if you do not set any rate limits.
    From the uT forums.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

Pingu (08.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39506
    Nice bump

You'll need to use uTorrent 2.0+ if you want to take maximum advantage of uTP.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss57
    but would it make any difference on 1.8.4.16442??
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast