+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Globalissues.org: Climate Justice and Equity

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Globalissues.org: Climate Justice and Equity

I personnally don't agree that the Kyoto Agreement was/is/will be workable.

But I've decided to present this article here from a website that presents current global issues in a different perspective and that also gives adjunct cause(s) to some of those issues.

For a number of years, there have been concerns that climate change negotiations will essentially ignore a key principle of climate change negotiation frameworks: the common but differentiated responsibilities.........This notion of “climate justice” is typically ignored by many rich nations and their mainstream media, making it easy to blame China, India and other developing countries, or gain credence in the “false balancing” argument that if they must be subject to emission reductions then so must China and India.

an interesting note here:

In the meanwhile, rich nations have done very little within the Kyoto protocol to reduce emissions by any meaningful amount,....
    I think that, that is true.

I personnally don't think that they will.

Sometimes, I even wonder if they really even need to.

I know that there is lots of talk on the actual viability and or credibility of the Greenhouse Gas theory.

I've even read some information on the Medieval Warming theory, which as I understand does have some credence but not entirely for disabling the ' global warming trends' after doing some other research.

I think that it's really important to read, research, and make up one's own mind when deciding what's true and what's just a 'half-baked' truth.

There are other theorists out there. One of them is an author that wrote a book about the idea that you can't stop global warming, only work with it.

To me, after hearing and reading about it, made more sense to me than to try to stop global warming.
    But that's my opinion.

Anyways....

Here's the link:

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (18.10.09) , slikrapid (18.10.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    the climate aka global warming theory is just another big scam/hoax aimed at creating new global revenue sources (eg. the carbon footprint tax)

the catch here is that they managed to use the green(peace)/ecologically oriented people for their agenda, while earlier they always stood on opposing sides - shows the power of manipulation

now many institutions/organizations & politicians support this false theory believing they are actually helping the world

There are other theorists out there. One of them is an author that wrote a book about the idea that you can't stop global warming, only work with it.
    we can't (and won't for the next few decades or even more) substantially influence the climate or global warming or global cooling - our influence is still way too small compared to the natural forces (like the sun's influence in this particular example) at hand
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (18.10.09) , alpacino (18.10.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    That's very true as I believe it too.

I am of the opinion that the earth's self-regulation mechanisms will likely prevent any extraordinary runaway climatic effects that wipe out life itself. Including humans.

I am of the opinion that humans can work with any changes to the earth.

To try to change it via some Kyoto Protocol or other multi-governmental initiatives will be futile.

Senseless in fact, as it not only is unworkable, but also serves the interests of other parties. Like the one's you mentioned.

To achieve a monetary gain via taxes and to give the greenpeace-oriented people more and more influence into the economic and social logistics unto soveriergn country's.

eventually, maybe...hopefully not, it'll be regulated that most of the western country's, and perhaps non-western country's will have to charge carbon taxes.

Yes.
    It comes down to money, I guess.
    I suppose that even global multi-national environmental initiatives can make some kind of money for those at the top.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (19.10.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I am of the opinion that the earth's self-regulation mechanisms will likely prevent any extraordinary runaway climatic effects that wipe out life itself. Including humans.
    well, we do change things/environment on Earth, but so far it was within Earths bearable limits (at least with the CO2), but it would be prudent to be reasonable about it and not to push our luck too far

To try to change it via some Kyoto Protocol or other multi-governmental initiatives will be futile.
    you know, global initiatives that make sense aren't a bad thing, the problem is if they are based on lies or are manufactured with the intention of misleading people or profiting in some way from it

It comes down to money, I guess.
    I suppose that even global multi-national environmental initiatives can make some kind of money for those at the top.
    an optimist would say they were just 'cleverly' used to support a bogus theory
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (19.10.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125

Exclamation Kyoto Protocol - What every NZer should know

Amidst the talk about the benefits that Kyoto Protocol is supposed to promote, it is perhaps forgotten, especially amongst the greenies, how the treaty that is supposed to save the world from the evil extravagances of itself was born in the corridors of very big business. The name Enron has all but faded from our news pages since the company went down in flames in 2001 amidst charges of fraud, bribery, price fixing and graft. But without Enron there would have been no Kyoto Protocol.

About 20 years ago Enron was owner and operator of an interstate network of natural gas pipelines, and had transformed itself into a billion-dollar-a-day commodity trader, buying and selling contracts and their derivatives to deliver natural gas, electricity, internet bandwidth, whatever. The 1990 Clean Air Act amendments authorized the Environmental Protection Agency to put a cap on how much pollutant the operator of a fossil-fueled plant was allowed to emit. In the early 1990s Enron had helped establish the market for, and became the major trader in, EPA’s $20 billion-per-year sulphur dioxide cap and trade program, the forerunner of today's proposed carbon credit trade. This commodity exchange of emission allowances caused Enron’s stock to rapidly rise.
    Code:
    http://www.predictweather.co.nz/assets/articles/article_resources.php?id=43
    interesting article with many 'behind the scene' facts, that shows how today's proposals/regulations/taxes were conceived years ago and prove the old saying: history repeats itself

also you might wanna check out other tongue-in-the-cheek articles:

45 Is oil running out – or in?
    If by volume a millionth of the interior of the earth contains oil, there is enough to last 260,000 years. But if 1/250,000 of the earth is oil, which is only about the volume of the Mediterranean Sea, and which does not seem at all unreasonable, at the present rate of consumption we can drive our SUVs around for another million years. That's right, one million years.
    98 Methane is not a problem, not now or ever

Taxing a sheep or cow for burping is only the start. George Orwell would have loved it. Next we will be penalised for burping at the dinner table. That is, if we can get anywhere near the dinner table what with these emission filters continually around our necks.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    INteresting article.
    I find that quite unique that Enron not only helped to set up but also became a major player in another country's carbon credit program.

What a way for it to make money from a 20 billion dollar pot.

Just can't wait to taste those riches, huh??
    Last edited by SealLion; 21.10.09 at 00:37.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread