Thread: Anti-Pirates Scare Kids with Propagandistic Comic Book

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234

Talking Anti-Pirates Scare Kids with Propagandistic Comic Book

In an attempt to convince the local government that pirates don’t belong on the Internet, the Motion Picture Association (MPA) sent chief policy officer Greg Frazier over from Washington. Frazier was not alone though, as he also brought in 17,000 anti-pirate comic books, ready to be handed out to children at cinemas.

Titled “Escape From Terror Byte City” the book tells the story of two young boys who attempt to download the latest Transformers movie from a P2P website. Of course, when the two fire-up their file-sharing software all hell breaks loose.

Surprisingly, the story itself has nothing to do with the consequences of copyright infringement. The comic book that is supposed to educate children about file-sharing is nothing more than a scary story about viruses, worms, trojan horses and identity theft.

It’s quite sad really when you think about it. Apparently the MPA and their anti-piracy partners have decided to give up on the message that piracy hurts their business in the hopes that horror stories about infected
    Original Article
    regards
    starforce
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (14.10.09) , slikrapid (14.10.09) , SealLion (14.10.09)

P2P Client
    Bitthief
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss112
    Like a scary story will stop any kid from downloading torrents. Not a chance. The best way to keep them from torrenting, is not telling them it exists. I didn't know torrents existed untill I was 17. The more they come in the media, the more people will know it's possible to download movies from the internet.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (14.10.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

.....viruses, worms, trojan horses and identity theft.....
    what a joke.

and walking on grass will give you cancer too, yes??

when you tell kids tall-tales of the nether-regions, you only interest them a little more, IMHO.

CS Curse, your right. When you don't tell the kiddies about torrenting, they'll never know about it.

But that's next to impossible now. Lots of people in the developing world have access to media and the internet. And b/c of that, they'll know about torrenting and it's involvement, it's risks (it's true, you can get viri from some torrents b/c some idiot packed it in there).

But for the most part, torrenting is safe.

It's also fun and can save you some big $$$ if you know what and where to look.

Kids and adults eventually become tuned into thier options for downloading material and the required softwares.

You can't stop torrenting.
    Period.

There's too many people and organizations involved.

It's not just people like you and me. It's also organizations like Bittorrent. Inc and a whole lot others.

It's artists too because they understand the value of giving off thier albums and even short films over to the torrenting community.

Actions like that do not spell disaster. It only gives them more and more opportunities to announce thier stuff to the general public.

I know that you know that too.

I'm just commenting on the subject.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (14.10.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    viruses, worms, trojan horses and identity theft...
    what a joke.

and walking on grass will give you cancer too, yes??
    it actually has some logic to it - you could get all those things, depends where you look for warez (remember Kazaa)

now, depending on what they used to spray the grass with, might not be too sci-fi afterall

when you tell kids tall-tales of the nether-regions, you only interest them a little more, IMHO.
    the forbidden fruit theory
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (15.10.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    LOL....
    You know.....
    Maybe you're right.
    I mean, with all the different things that are placed in foods now-a-days, maybe grass too has got something in it that entangles itself around one's legs like some octopus preparing the doom for it's prey. LOL.

Ok. Seriously now....yes.
    It's true that some warez has got viri and little green goblins in it.

This is one of the reasons why its a not-to-bad idea to at least post about it in the thread that its being presented in, and let others know.

But it's also common knowledge for anyone that's spent a decent amount of time and has, not only become aware of warez, to scan it. Most pple know about this fact.

And with torrenting, all I can say is for someone to use their brain.
    Listening to Andrea Bocelli isn't going to kill someone's computer.

Is someone who's been on a torrenting site for quite some time and has aquired either VIP or PU status going to risk thier account at what-ever tracker, in uploading known viri??

chances are that they've already either played the .avi file, listened to the mp3 file, or used the .exe file.

So it's unlikely.

Besides. I have secret information about all of this.

Look....secret information here...

It's basically all propaganda that the government want's us to believe so as to achieve it's world domination scheme for giving inanimate objects, of which they have experienced horrorible and appalling inanimate-object rights-violations and also suffering some of the most gross violations of liberities you can imagine, world power so that eventually Hillary Clinton can divorce Barack Obama and marry Putin in Russia.

LOL.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (16.10.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Listening to Andrea Bocelli isn't going to kill someone's computer.
    i don't know, when he hits that high C, anything's possible

Is someone who's been on a torrenting site for quite some time and has aquired either VIP or PU status going to risk thier account at what-ever tracker, in uploading known viri??
    you know, there are many? users with PU status that post unbelievable noobish questions in tracker forums, so i guess there are always exceptions to the rule

Besides. I have secret information about all of this.

Look....secret information here...
    where, where ??

so that eventually Hillary Clinton can divorce Barack Obama and marry Putin in Russia.
    Hillarious
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread