+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beginnings of the Holodeck: AMD's DX11 GPU, Eyefinity and 6 Display Outputs

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191

Beginnings of the Holodeck: AMD's DX11 GPU, Eyefinity and 6 Display Outputs

That's six Dell 30" displays, each with an individual resolution of 2560 x 1600. The game is World of Warcraft and the man crouched in front of the setup is Carrell Killebrew, his name may sound familiar.

Driving all of this is AMD's next-generation GPU, which will be announced later this month. I didn't leave out any letters, there's a single GPU driving all of these panels. The actual resolution being rendered at is 7680 x 3200; WoW got over 80 fps with the details maxed. This is the successor to the RV770. We can't talk specs but at today's AMD press conference two details are public: 2.15 billion transistors and over 2.5 TFLOPs of performance. As expected, but nice to know regardless.

The technology being demonstrated here is called Eyefinity and it actually all started in notebooks.
    AnandTech: Beginnings of the Holodeck: AMD's DX11 GPU, Eyefinity and 6 Display Outputs
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (15.09.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    6 displays for a game?? what a waste of money, not to mention that there is nothing seamless about it - did you notice that the monitor edges break the image and thus ruin the experience

why didn't they try it out on, say Crysis or some other gpu intensive game - instead they use WoW

it would be more interesting to have multiple screens for different applications (or a combination of apps)

and what will probably happen by the time it comes out - the games will be bigger on requirements and guess what...it will still be a struggle to get a decent 30+ fps

holodeck? give me a break
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    4/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2070
    I agree, but Crysis barely runs smoothly on 1 monitor 6 monitor will surely break the machine.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    did you notice that the monitor edges break the image and thus ruin the experience
    that was first thing i notice
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread