+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Microsoft: Why We Can't Drop IE6 Support

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39512

Microsoft: Why We Can't Drop IE6 Support

Microsoft took to its Internet Explorer blog late last night to explain why the company would not be dropping support for IE6 anytime soon.

The fact that many sites are still supporting an eight year old browser has long been a topic of conversation on the web and Microsoft has now thrown its own 2 cents in, explaining the why dropping support for IE6 is not an option.

The post by Microsoft's Dean Hachamovitch, the General Manager of the Internet Explorer team, references a recent survey done by Digg.com regarding users who were still using IE6. The survey showed that 69 percent of Digg users still using Internet Explorer 6 were doing so because either they don't have administrator access on my computer or someone at work says they can't and it looks like Microsoft is standing behind those who cannot upgrade because their employer says they can't.
    Microsoft: Why We Can't Drop IE6 Support - Tom's Hardware

It's true, a lot of workplaces and schools haven't bothered to update to IE8, or even better, browsers such as Firefox or Opera.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

It's true, a lot of workplaces and schools haven't bothered to update to IE8, or even better, browsers such as Firefox or Opera.
    Nowadays windows xp versions in my country come with IE8 incorporated.
    People/school/public places will just have to updated.
    It's true that new isn't always the best option but IE8 is hell a better option than IE6.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39512
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    It's true that new isn't always the best option but IE8 is hell a better option than IE6.
    Tabs!

I have had bad experiences with reading new posts here and multiple IE6 windows...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread