+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ensuring .PHP files are opened by FireFox correctly.

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Ensuring .PHP files are opened by FireFox correctly.

It seems to me that every time I cruise onto a Gazelle-based tracker, especially of most recent times, I get the following:

this only occurs on gazelle-based sites, Never here or there or anywhere else on the internet. Not even here on SBI.....only Gazelle based tracker site....so far anyways.

Instead of having FF opening the web pages correctly, it is asking me what to do.

Basically, I want FF to open web pages just like it always does rather than have me ask it what to do.

Some of the information by googling is that I"ve gathered is that it is a server problem on the tracker site.

There's got to be a better way to solve this other than to disable extensions and see which on is interfering ( I've already done that with no conclusive results).

It's not the version of FF, either.
    This much I know as even having gone to former versions of FF have not solved this problem.

Any other folks have found this problem while visiting gAzelle-based sites and maybe found a solution??
    Last edited by SealLion; 10.08.09 at 00:40.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39541
    My guess is that for some reason your Firefox doesn't know those PHPs are actually HTML documents it needs to render. As Gazelle trackers work fine here, it's definitely a problem on your side. Go to Options -> Applications and check whether there are any entries for PHP files.

Doing a clean install/deleting and recreating your profile would be the best, although it can be time-consuming.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Thanks

all gazelle trackers ?
    if this isn't on all sites then
    its a server-side problem

basically there is a bug on the server which forces the download of PHP files instead of processing them..

I am cheatos

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread