Thread: Using GreedyTorrent Strategically & Other Things

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Using GreedyTorrent Strategically & Other Things

PLAN:

This Tutorial will explain on the strategic and correct use of GreedyTorrent without the concern for getting caught by other peers or on Private Trackers based on my own personal experience.

This information is NOT writen in stone. Its a guide only!!

This Tutorial is intended as a guide for the inexperienced user or for someone who wished to gather information from another user also using the same tool to complement his own knowledge.

This Tutorial will not explain on proxy settings to use when integrating the use of GreedyTorrent with your client. Go to GreedyTorrent.com for that.

OBJECTIVE;

You will learn the following:

A. Best settings to use for pimping your ratio on any number of trackers;

B. Adjustments necessary to make on GT when both seeding and downloading torrents;

C. The best time and occasion to use GT so as to pimp your ratio to the best maximum possible when considering various opportunities and situations.

D. Become familiar with formula usage while using GT.

USAGE OF GREEDYTORRENT

What can I say on when to best use GT:

Upload, upload, upload

The best occasion I personally have found to use GT is during uploading.

On any tracker, the best way to maintain a good ratio is to either upload, jump on new torrents, or during freeleeches.

Upload large torrent file sizes. This is best.

For example: 1.0 + Gb sized torrent sizes for best possible ratio-spoofing.

SITUATION:

Upload using GT.

PLAN;

Pay attention to the number of leechers on your torrent. This is crucial.
    You cannot pimp your ratio at extra-ordinary amounts,{ i.e. 5X upload when you only have 1-2 leechers}.

Recommend you set GT from anywhere between 1.1 -1.3X Upload in this specific example.

Here's an example:

When the number of leechers has increased to larger numbers, then you may increase GT to higher values.
    For example, you start of with only 1-2 leechers on your uploaded torrents.

Initially, you would set GT at lower values such as the recommended values stated above.

When the number of leechers has increased to 5+ {for example}, you can increase GT values to higher values such as 3-4X Upload.

I have found that when applying a formula of 0.6 to 0.8 X the number of leechers, that value can be applied to the setting being used to pimp your ratio using GT.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: You can raise the value, if you so desire, to the nearest half-number or whole number if value is a decimal value such as { 3 leechers X 0.8=2.4X Upload Amount---Raise Adjusted Upload amount to 3.0 Upload Amount
    For example:

leechers=5;

0.6X 5=3.0 X UPLOAD AMOUNT

or

0.8X 5= 4.0 X UPLOAD AMOUNT

or leechers =2

0.6 X 2= 1.2 X UPLOAD AMOUNT---optionally increase UPLOAD AMOUNT to nearest half or whole number---1.5 or 2.0 X UPLOAD AMOUNT--best to stick to half value in such case
    When the number of leechers has decreased and you see no consistent increase to the number of leechers on your torrent {due to those leechers now having become seeders of your torrent}, reduce GT's setting to lower values, such as < {less than} 3.0 X Upload amount.

Here's a few examples:

and here:

When the number of seeders of your uploaded torrent, is high, yet you still have a nominal amount of leechers on your uploaded torrent, recommend you increase GT value.

Consistently having several seeders with few leechers on your uploaded torrent:

A. If your connection is infrequent to the leechers {especially if just 1-2 leechers}, recommend you increase GT values. This is because other seeders are also connected to those leechers and uploading meta-data. You want to maximize your pimping using GT.

B. If your connection is frequent and consistent to the leechers, recommend you increase GT's values.

1. You may opt to also decrease your settings to avoid becoming too suspicious, though its your choice.

2. Though, I personnally do not concern myself over this.

3. GT is not that easily detectable.

For example, you have just 2 leechers on your 100 Mb upoaded torrent with 14 seeders; your connection is consistent and frequent, set GT's value to 1.3-2.0X Upload.

You may again, use the formula that I've discovered works best that I've listed above to aid you in your usage of it.

Where I mentioned earlier the following:

......... pump it right up. {Increase GT higher than forumla values, if you desire}. ....

Where I state 'pump it right up'

This goes in tandem with what I stated here:

A. If your connection is infrequent to the leechers {especially if just 1-2 leechers}, recommend you increase GT values. This is because other seeders are also connected to those leechers and uploading meta-data. You want to maximize your pimping using GT.

Have a look at these true stats {This was an actual occurrence};

Seeders: > {greater than} 40

Leechers: <{less than} 2

Torrent file size: approx. 700 Mb.

Look here:

In this image, there's over 40 seeders. There were only 2 leechers. In this image, there are none.

Now look here:

My true upload was less than 1 Mb.

My modified upload, as seen from the GreedyTorrent image was over 25 Mb.
    Again, as I've mentioned earlier: You want to maximize the modified upload amount when you have the opportunity.

I did this by literally 'pumping it right up'

When doing something like this, take into consideration:

Tracker Qualities i.e. Is it difficult to seed on, etc..

In this particular case, there are, on a frequent basis not that many leechers on torrents at this particular site.

SITUATION:

Uploading and Downloading using your client while GT is running.

PLAN:

You need to remain conscious of the number of leechers on one torrent, on either the same or different trackers, and the number of leechers on another torrent.

Here's an example:

In the above example, I am both seeding and downloading on various trackers with different numbers of leechers and seeders on each one.

WHAT TO DO:

Recommend you decrease GT's value to something that is reasonable based on the lowest number of leechers on one of the trackers that your connected with.

In the example above, I am only connected to one leecher that is leeching on one of my upoaded torrents while there is an abundance of seeders on another torrent at a different tracker.

Be conscious of what your doing. Keep GT in mind. Don't forget to adjust the tool.

Recommend you decrease GT's value based on only one leecher on your torrent.

In this particular case, I specifically reduced GT to 1.1 X Upload amount
    {on many occasions have I set this to 1.2 X Upload amount. IMPORTANT; You need to ensure your account's survival until a larger amount of leechers present themselves }.

One must be patient, yet also prudent in this tool's usage. Not reckless.

===========================================
    Variations to the above situation:

A. If you have, as an example:

[1]a number of medium to large files, either seeding or downloading

[2] and there are; for example, 3 leechers, increase GT's value accordingly

[3] if the file size is large {e.g. 10+ Gb}, pump it right up. {Increase GT higher than forumla values, if you desire}. There is a good chance that additional leechers and / or seeders will show up. Leechers will connect to other leechers to pass on meta-data to them.

=============================================

FREELEECH

Depending on the number of leechers on a torrent that you;ve downloaded, set GT to appropriate values based on formula.

Variation and example to freeleech situations:

A.

Example;

Seeders: 30+

Leechers: 75+

Torrent File Size: 1.6 Gb.

What to do

Pump it right up. In this case, increase GT's value to > 10 {greater than} X Upload values.

Your hidden within enough peers to remain undetectable. You can make adjustments based solely on leechers and/or comfort level.

B.

Leechers: 1 to 2

Seeders: 10-12

Torrent file size: 75 Mb
    WHAT TO DO:

1. Depending on the popularity of such file, you may increase accordingly if you've noticed a consistant increase in leechers on said torrent.

2.Run GT according to additional information given above re: nominal amount of seeders and low leecher count.

3. If no increase of leechers of said torrent occurs, run GT's Upload amount with care.

4. Its best to be prudent with your account and survive the upload spoof without being reckless and overly greedy.

5. Find another torrent to pimp your ratio, then.

HAVING INADVERTANTLY MADE MISTAKES USING GREEDYTORRENT:

SITUATION:

You've forgotten to adjust GT to a reasonable value and you only had 1-2 leechers on your uploaded torrent with no other seeders.

WHAT TO DO;

To avoid being reported by other peers who log on to see what the tracker is reporting about them on the Torrent Peers List, that other leecher notices you having uploaded an extra-ordinary amount and reports you to the system, in consideration of the torrent file size.

For example:

Torrent file size: 300 Mb

Leechers: 2

Seeders: 1 {you}

Real and true upload amount: 150 Mb

Adjusted upload amount {as reported by GT}: 500 Mb
    Your now in potential trouble of losing your account.

You must remain conscious of what your doing. To reduce reportage of you by others, you should sign in occasionally and see what the system has reported of your {adjusted} upload amount.

If your adjusted upload amount is unreasonable as per the number of leechers:

A. stop the torrent and your connection to those peers;

B. wait a minuite or two;

C. re-connect to those peers;

D. sign in to account and observe what system has reported of you on the Torrent Peers List of that specific torrent. You have now reduced your chances of being discovered at least by peers and being reported of.

OTHER THINGS:

HITTING AND RUNNING WITH GREEDYTORRENT:

If you've had a high Upload amount in GT's use and you have a high spoofed ratio based on that single torrent, on a personnal note, I decide whether I can run from the continued seeding of a downloaded torrent or not.

In some situations, I do run after approx. an hour or so of seeding any specific torrent with no leechers attaching themselves to that torrent within a set time frame if my spoofed upload amount is high enough.

If leechers do continue to present themselves, why not continue pimping your ratio, then.

DISCLAIMER:

A. This is intended as a guide only.

1. Use at your discretion.

2. Don't blame me if you got caught. If you got caught, its your fault, not mine.

3. You were either reckless or you didn't know what your doing.

B. This guide is intended for novices only, as opposed to knowledgeable users already of this tool as an addendum to their own knowledge of the tool.

1. You still can't blame me if you got caught using my own experiences.
    If you have found this guide of value to you, please say 'thanks'.

Last edited by SealLion; 21.12.08 at 22:01.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Blankshot7655 (08.04.19) , (06.03.11) , sharkman (13.02.11) , seldom (27.08.10) , Vation (28.01.10) , pekamp (20.11.09) , saebrtooth (13.11.09) , Renk (10.11.09) , TrekB9 (14.09.09) , - (12.04.09) , Tinkle (29.03.09) , zergcole (23.03.09) , sisonvher (15.03.09) , SBfreak (14.03.09) , anonftw (13.03.09) , zatoicchi (13.03.09) , dongwonlee (23.02.09) , mmmmm (07.02.09) , Ladrao (16.01.09) , Aurion (15.01.09) , vDD+wR (21.12.08) , czullo (20.12.08) , Butcho (20.12.08) , anon (20.12.08) , shoulder (20.12.08) , Se7Ven (20.12.08) , Rebound (19.12.08)

Section Mod
    P2P Client
    uTorrent-1991
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3791
    brother thank you verry verry much for this tuturiol and your explain!!!!!!

i never used before and so i am now a inexperienced..greenhorn.but i will test this new adventure
    Last edited by Se7Ven; 20.12.08 at 01:17.

Nosce Te Ipsum
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (11.07.09)

jolas
    in theory its seams safer than mtratio, because youre in fact uploading, i do this almost the same but whit shu. so, i must understand from this, that you prefer greedy because its lighter, and more simple than shu.

is that it sealion?
    because i dont see anyother difference to shu. ( im always a noob, maybe thats why )
    good tut +1

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    @SealLion: very good job with the tutorial. It's extremely detailed and well laid out, you have covered all possible usage scenarios, and included some tips/formulas of your own. Furthermore, GreedyTorrent isn't as well-documented in our board as the Azureus Hack or the Faze Mod, for example, so it's a perfect guide for users who didn't know about, or how to use this often ignored tool.

Sticky it is!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (11.07.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by jolas View Post
    in theory its seams safer than mtratio, because youre in fact uploading, i do this almost the same but whit shu. so, i must understand from this, that you prefer greedy because its lighter, and more simple than shu.

is that it sealion?
    because i dont see anyother difference to shu. ( im always a noob, maybe thats why )
    good tut +1

Hello Jolas: The reason that I like to use GreedyTorrent is b/c I would prefer to upload genuinly to peers and just cheat the tracker.

with other spoof tools, like NRPG and RatioBlaster, one does not genuinly upload {or for that matter, download} to one's peers.

Its just my personal preference, thats all.

I could just as easily pimp my ratio with Shu or fAzeMod.

There's many, many good tools and mods on this board.

each one has their preferences. I just prefer this one. Thats all.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

jolas
    i see, what you mean, i too, dont mind sedding what i can, once again when i have digital connection whit 3mbs of upload, maybe i wont need so much shumod.

but i do seed whit shu, exactly like you, i just seed a little more thank to the hack, usually 10, to 20 kbs fake over my real sending speed.

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I tried editing my own post above {have done so successfully before}.
    Cant seem to do it.
    I keep getting a message that tells me that my message is too short--less than 10 words??.

I've added/edited into the original post more than 2/3 of that post. That's way more than 10 characters.

What the frak is going on?
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Have you made sure you're pressing "edit" and not "quote"? Because when quoting posts, text between QUOTE tags doesn't count towards the 10-char minimum, which would explain the "false" alarm.

Anyway, 24 hours have passed since you made the first post, so you can't edit it anymore. You have to ask a VIP or Mod to do so. Again, if you want me to add it to your main post, just tell me.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    hey sealLion i need to ask u something about greedytorrent,
    can i ask here ?
    [can't pm due to limitations]
    just wanna make sure if this thread is still active ..
    could u just message here if u come ol.

thanks.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The thread is still alive. You can ask here if you want, unless you are afraid of tracker admins watching your post.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    haha.
    thanks for the quick reply anon.
    .. i feel life is too short to be afraid.

so here goes the question ..

If i set Report my upload as 0.5 times my download
    i.e Each 1MiB dl = 0.5MiB ul

how much upload speed in kbs will it send to the tracker if i'm only downloading and not uploading in real.

it's like if i set Report my upload as 1.25 times my upload
    i.e Each 1MiB ul = 1.25MiB ul
    greedytorrent sends my real torrent's upload speed like 25 or 30 kb/s .. i've checked it in the peerlist.

so when i set to the earlier setting, there won't be any actual upload speed to send to the tracker.
    will i endup like 100mb/s uploaded with 0kb/s ul speed ?
    could you explain it to me please ?

waiting for ur reply
    thanks.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by reg-sb View Post
    If i set Report my upload as 0.5 times my download
    i.e Each 1MiB dl = 0.5MiB ul

how much upload speed in kbs will it send to the tracker if i'm only downloading and not uploading in real.
    The setting is a multiplier, so the tracker will see half (0.5x) your real download speed. For example, if you were downloading at 300kB/s, the tracker will see a 150kbs upload.

it's like if i set Report my upload as 1.25 times my upload
    i.e Each 1MiB ul = 1.25MiB ul
    greedytorrent sends my real torrent's upload speed like 25 or 30 kb/s .. i've checked it in the peerlist.
    It should be reporting 1.25x your real upload speed.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

reg-sb (12.01.09)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Awesomely written man,I really liked how your kept the guiding line along with clarifying main points to be used as attack plan Good Job m8
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (11.07.09)

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346
    hey sealion just a small advice i would like to know which is better GT or ratiofaker
    since many says GT has small flaw which could be detected in trackers
    so asking
    and really thanks for helping me
    also hehehe sory to ask u so many questions and trouble u
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (11.07.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    It does not trouble me to answer questions, austin.

The answer to your question:

flaws exist in every mod. That's a certainty that can't be denied.

do flaws exist in RF??....I have no doubt in my mind they do.

I've used it and and found it as good as GT.

Would I use RF again? Yes.

Would I continue to use GT? Yes.

It's important to understand the following:

One uses tools and mods that suits the user best, yes?

Last edited by SealLion; 29.03.09 at 07:28.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast