Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Strike while the iron is hot

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444

Strike while the iron is hot

Today, we'd like to once again present the biggest problem for our coders' productivity. Currently, new mods are released as never before, even more than in the past at other boards. In addition, there are many other, unique ongoing projects of the highest quality. Until now this is all good, and for our mods' actual users, a whole advantage.

Almost half a year ago, we decided to disable the so-called "credit system", as it makes little sense to force someone to write something, only to then be able to download our mods. This method has gone outdated, so we removed it from our forum. Since then, the downloads amount has of course increased significantly, and the posts one slightly decreased.

But let's go back to our main problem. As it always happens, there are people who are jealous or simply envious of our great work, and simply want to hurt us and take the biggest slice of the pie. That's of course understandable, as we can with a little pride say we are the worldwide #1 board with such an unique, straightforward offer.

We have many times used the time where we'd usually meet up with our friends, or earn money, to invest it in this forum. SB-Innovation has become somewhat more developed, which is increasingly time-consuming. Every new project requires hundreds of hours of work, but we take the needed time and patience for new inventions. We do this for you, not for us.

There is a site (whose name is irrelevant) which doesn't respect our work, mocks us, and releases our products as theirs. Of course this fact alone doesn't matter to us, partly because we're not at such a low level - we simply don't need it. However, his page only exists to monetarily profit from our work, so it's our exact opposite.

In recent weeks we have had a huge decline in our amount of visitors, which makes us lack the advertising revenue we urgently need to pay our server. Also, our public image risks getting damaged if copies of our programs going by different names, to the point of being unrecognizable, keep on appearing and circulating around the net. (Although this somehow flatters us, as it'd mean our work is so good that attempting to copy it is the only alternative.)

The people behind this site effectively don't seem to know what they're doing. Without us there would be no new mods, without new mods there would be no money, and without money they'd have to either close the site or post only bad 0-day tools and other unneeded things.

Given this situation, it won't be long until we take the first steps against mod stealing. Maybe we'll have to stop releasing mods forever (at least for the public sector), or close registration and switch to an "invite only" system.

Reality is, in that case we'd be certainly taking a step backwards, which we can't accept. This article is only to inform our users, and everyone else that's interested, about our situation, and possible changes to our site to stop the mod stealing.

On this note, have a nice weekend and think about what many of you take for granted but what actually isn't.

The SB-Innovation Team
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Dr.house (24.04.12) , saebrtooth (31.12.09) , thecoolest (19.10.09) , dgware (05.07.09) , Blocker (13.05.09) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (24.03.09) , sisonvher (07.03.09) , mike (18.02.09) , - (20.12.08) , czullo (16.12.08) , Snitlev (06.12.08) , hitman (05.12.08) , - (01.12.08) , Renk (29.11.08) , fromas (29.11.08) , shoulder (29.11.08) , vDD+wR (29.11.08)

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    Its Little better..It Means ..Person Who posted Some good useful 10 Posts Gets Title..RIght..

But mods is out for s*** thats bad thing..

thats why..If you Implant..that system...(pming 1)only 1 admin or mod like you can send the person mod)

Coz of pm mods tools ..ppls are become more active..all that..also admins/mods can believe that persons things all

Hey Mate its a suggestion...Coz its hard to do it i know..but this is will prevent more than 50% lacking of mods from sb-i .to..s***
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    Person Who posted Some good useful 10 Posts Gets Title..RIght..
    That's not true.

Coz of pm mods tools ..ppls are become more active..
    Not really - even with the Member system some people switch to "read only" mode after getting the title.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    Thats true..But As i think with that you can catch the persons who are lacking mods to seba...
    Its just a thought mate..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    i still dont see the more advantege as at the moment, at the end we have more work to do as we already have^^

beside this we dont have any leak since a few month.

cheaten - wieso kompliziert wenn's auch einfach geht.!

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011