Thread: emule with noip

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303

emule with noip

Do you now of an Emule-mod which does not reveal your IP. like Utraitor does
    Preferably with RSA-switch.

i think this site rules.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581

Question

I would like to know and try this sort of mod, but I don't understand how it could work. Each source has to know your IP to send the chunks you are waiting for.

Some networks are "anonymous" (e.g. Mute, Stealthnet, Gnunet), in witch not your IP but an ID propagates through the network, but they are very slow, and at least your neighbours have to know your real IP (or more exactly the association between your ID and your IP).
    Last edited by Renk; 16.11.08 at 14:04.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    wrong forum section ----------->moved

cheaten - wieso kompliziert wenn's auch einfach geht.!

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    It's impossible not to reveal your IP if a reply is required. The most you can do is using iMule, which tunnels your eD2K traffic through the I2P network, to stay anonymous and minimize the amount of bad nodes that can see your real IP, but it's very slow like Renk said.

Also, the uTraitor stealth mod does show your IP address (both to tracker and peers) - you're just not shown in the peerlist when using it, that's all.

Regarding the RSA switch, the latest eMule SBI Leecher version has that feature, whose interval you can change manually directly from the UI.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    thanks for the reply.

I have tried imule. i don't mind it being slow. the problem is: to few files available.

"Also, the uTraitor stealth mod does show your IP address (both to tracker and peers) - you're just not shown in the peerlist when using it, that's all."

that would help . it is much better than beeing shown everywhere. does an emule-mod do that?

"Regarding the RSA switch, the latest eMule SBI Leecher version has that feature, whose interval you can change manually directly from the UI."

This mod seems to be the best, but you have so many and some only have description in german. it would also help is every mod had an explanation in english.
    i also would like to know if there is an easy ip-switcher since i'm totally new to this
    Last edited by Grambo; 17.11.08 at 00:00.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    thanks for the reply.

I have tried imule. i don't mind it being slow. the problem is: to few files available.
    That's strange, since apart from routing your traffic through I2P iMule otherwise connects to the same eD2K network the official eMule uses, and the same variety of files should be available. Are your server and Kad node lists up-to-date? You can get new ones here:

"Also, the uTraitor stealth mod does show your IP address (both to tracker and peers) - you're just not shown in the peerlist when using it, that's all."

that would help . it is much better than beeing shown everywhere. does an emule-mod do that?
    Since BitTorrent and eD2K are completely different protocols there is no "stealth" mod as there's no "tracker" eMule reports things to - you can somehow be stealthy by not sharing anything, but you (and your IP) can still be seen downloading.

"Regarding the RSA switch, the latest eMule SBI Leecher version has that feature, whose interval you can change manually directly from the UI."

This mod seems to be the best, but you have so many and some only have description in german. it would also help is every mod had an explanation in english.
    i also would like to know if there is an easy ip-switcher since i'm totally new to this
    There is an english explanation - it's the blue text just below every german feature description.

Regarding an IP-switcher, you could either flip your MAC's last byte (but this isn't automated as you need to hard-reboot your modem after that), or use my IP switching script if you're not behind a router.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    [
    =anon;54988]That's strange, since apart from routing your traffic through I2P iMule otherwise connects to the same eD2K network the official eMule uses, and the same variety of files should be available. Are your server and Kad node lists up-to-date? You can get new ones here
    If I understood the i2p-furum correctly, imule only connects to other imules.
    It can't connect to servers (at least not up to V1.25)
    My nodes were fresh when i tried imule. OI only got 10 connections so there was not a big selection.

Since BitTorrent and eD2K are completely different protocols there is no "stealth" mod as there's no "tracker" eMule reports things to - you can somehow be stealthy by not sharing anything, but you (and your IP) can still be seen downloading.
    Isn't servers doing about the same as trackers?

Regarding an IP-switcher, you could either flip your MAC's last byte (but this isn't automated as you need to hard-reboot your modem after that), or use my IP switching script if you're not behind a router.
    I'm using a router. How do you flip the last MAC-byte?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    If I understood the i2p-furum correctly, imule only connects to other imules.
    It can't connect to servers (at least not up to V1.25)
    I didn't know this - I have always thought iMule could connect to other "normal" clients. But as you can't, the variety of files you can find severely decreases
    Regarding servers, I think I did know this, but was in a rush when writing my last post so I forgot.

My nodes were fresh when i tried imule. OI only got 10 connections so there was not a big selection.
    Just in case, here's a list of some other nodes.dat-updating sites:
    Code:
    http://www.imule.i2p/nodes.dat
    http://imulesweed.i2p/nodes.dat
    http://echelon.i2p/imule/nodes.dat
    But note the .i2p's - this means you have to be connected to the I2P network to be able to download the files.

Isn't servers doing about the same as trackers?
    They roughly play a similar role, but you can't really compare the eD2K network with the BitTorrent protocol - servers have no peerlist unlike the one trackers can have (at least not a public one), for example.

If you're concerned about this you can simply not connect to servers at all.

Or to keep things simple, you can also try using an eMule leecher mod, enabling all no-shares, and either sign-up for a free Relakks VPN trial (where you can just re-register with another user and pass after it expires), or register at Peer2Me, download their app, then discard it and use the L2TP VPN connection it creates, just like Renk mentioned in this thread.

I'm using a router. How do you flip the last MAC-byte?
    The MAC-changing trick is to be done on your network card when you have a direct connection - I don't know too much about routers so I couldn't tell whether it'd work or not, but perhaps you can get a working Reconnect.bat for your model at our One-Click Hoster section.

Or maybe my script works for you even though it often doesn't work behind a router - it did for DarthDildo. You don't lose anything trying

Go to this post and download the attachment.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ...there can be trouble if your connection's name has special characters like á é í, etc. in it: go to "Network Connections" and change it to something simple like "Internet", "123", etc. There shouldn't be any trouble with spaces, so you can use them.
    Actually, to make changing your IP easier, I have coded a small frontend to the .bat: just type your connection's name, hit "Run", and it takes care of everything. It's attached (and the needed .bat file provided, too), just extract Frontend.zip somewhere and run IP Switch Frontend.exe.

Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    if you're concerned about this you can simply not connect to servers at all.
    I did this using emule.

Or to keep things simple, you can also try using an eMule leecher mod, enabling all no-shares, and either sign-up for a free Relakks VPN trial (where you can just re-register with another user and pass after it expires), or register at Peer2Me, download their app, then discard it and use the L2TP VPN connection it creates, just like Renk mentioned in this thread.
    I'll try the sbi leechermod like you said. It seems to be the safest.
    The services are interesting. I'll see if i can get either one to work. Maybe they will work with bittorrent to. The ones I tried before didn't

The MAC-changing trick is to be done on your network card when you have a direct connection - I don't know too much about routers so I couldn't tell whether it'd work or not, but perhaps you can get a working Reconnect.bat for your model at our One-Click Hoster section.

Or maybe my script works for you even though it often doesn't work behind a router - it did for DarthDildo. You don't lose anything trying
    If something goes wrong. Can it revert back the I? I just wonder since the other post mentions that if you have a ststic IP it will close the
    connection.
    If the services work, it should be safe enough. Otherwise i'll try your script .

Thanks alot for taking the time to answer my posts.
    I'm sorry I posted the thread in the wrong section.
    Last edited by Grambo; 17.11.08 at 23:22. Reason: read something in the other thread
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    I'll try the sbi leechermod like you said. It seems to be the safest.
    The services are interesting. I'll see if i can get either one to work. Maybe they will work with bittorrent to. The ones I tried before didn't
    It is the safest indeed

And I can assure you the VPNs I've listed also work perfectly with BitTorrent and all other P2P programs. At least Relakks does - never got to test Peer2Me because of the IPSEC Services issue...

Thanks alot for taking the time to answer my posts.
    I'm sorry I posted the thread in the wrong section.
    No problem & it's in the correct section
    Last edited by anon; 17.11.08 at 23:20.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    A very fast reply.

That about me having a static IP isn't a problem for your script?
    Last edited by Grambo; 18.11.08 at 01:23.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    That about me having a static IP isn't a problem for your script?
    It relies on you having a dynamic one to get your DHCP server to assign you a different address. If you have an static IP it may or may not work...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Vista is having trouble connecting to VPNs. On Relakks site it is instructions how to correct them, but the instructions don't work. I got error 0x80070005. Its a code for not having the rights (i think).
    That is very strange since I was admin when trying that.

I don't know if this is the cause of connection failure, I don't get any error msg.
    Last edited by Grambo; 19.11.08 at 10:04.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Vista is having trouble connecting to VPNs. On Relakks site it is instructions how to correct them, but the instructions don't work. I got error 0x80070005. Its a code for not having the rights (i think).
    I googled this code, and found someone having the same error message. Disabling Norton's real-time scanner worked for him. As you've stated you have Norton 360, Avira and avast! installed in the eMule thread, perhaps you can try uninstalling Norton and temporarily disabling the last two. You also need to have port 1723 open.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    thanks for the reply.

And there are too few files available because the network is to slow.

if you like i2p network, you could also consider Azureus, in witch a plugin allows connection to this network.

But as with imule, there are very few files, this is very slow, and you can connect only to clients that are in the i2p network too.

I think that the most crowded anonymous networks are Mute and Stealthnet. If
    you try Mute, use Kommute client (kommute allows multisourcing, what Mute client does not).

You could also consider VPN usage.. And ask Anon how exactly to tunnel Ultrasurf through FreeGate trough Putty through Tor Trough VPN (I'm interested, too )

I agree. And my pain sometimes is very great, when I try to understand certain "only in german" explanations. But sb-innovation.de is a german site. It's normal that most posts and tuts will be written in this language.
    Last edited by Renk; 20.11.08 at 01:06.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast