P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Of course, that's a possibility.
    You can do this at lower-level trackers (for example, it works perfectly at TB), and if you're asked about it, say you already had the release from somewhere else or something like that... of course you can't do this if it's a pack or tracker-exclusive torrent.
    that's what I meant so I guess there isn't any better idea than burning more & more HDD sectors just to buffer accounts (I guess we should discuss the possibility of reporting completed files without actually even starting the download with Butcho,so he can implement it)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    (I guess we should discuss the possibility of reporting completed files without actually even starting the download with Butcho,so he can implement it)
    Do you mean sending the completed flag without even downloading the torrent? Doing it without faking the whole download that's behind is as suspicious either.
    And if you're talking about the Shu mod, maybe it's DigitalDJ we should talk with about this instead...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Do you mean sending the completed flag without even downloading the torrent? Doing it without faking the whole download that's behind is as suspicious either.
    And if you're talking about the Shu mod, maybe it's DigitalDJ we should talk with about this instead...
    yeah both of them are aware of such implementations tho

And I don't think it would be that suspicious since the file will be reported completed downloadnig 100% even before the fake seed begins,which won't counted as suspicious IMO
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39439
    Of course, but you can't come out of nowhere to announce having finished a 16GB pack, for example. Faking all the &downloaded= amounts that are behind is needed...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    Yeah, I just cheat with scene releases on What.CD, explains my 100+ gb buffer ;>
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Of course, but you can't come out of nowhere to announce having finished a 16GB pack, for example. Faking all the &downloaded= amounts that are behind is needed...
    it's left behind,but to send just a small report to the tracker telling it that this file has been completed downloading doesn't got nothing to do with what is left behind ??!! I mean all we have to do is just fake or implement when to send completed download/upload reports & their announcements to trackers...so that when I chose such an option I just click on a Button like "Update Tracker" or "Fake report" so that without even start downloading the file,the report get sent telling the tracker that I finished downloading this file,and I will get to the seeding swarm right away...I think technically that can be done one way or another...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion
    so that when I chose such an option I just click on a Button like "Update Tracker" or "Fake report" so that without even start downloading the file,the report get sent telling the tracker that I finished downloading this file,and I will get to the seeding swarm right away...I think technically that can be done one way or another...
    but it wouldnt make sense if you would send it first... on the contrary it would be dangerous too, cause you havent uploaded a byte so far but report to the tracker that youve completed it... does this makes sense?
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (14.10.08)

jolas
    what i do in whatcd and waffles:

leech a huge pack download about 40% a little more a little less, than i put the download speed at 1 or 4kbs, and i stick the fake upload around 40bks, somethimes i use swarn speeds other i dont even bother doing that.

dont upload 100% finish torrents!! because of the security scripts on whatcd!! only fake upload whille downloading this is very important!

and dont use crazy upload speeds!

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by vDD+wR View Post
    but it wouldnt make sense if you would send it first... on the contrary it would be dangerous too, cause you havent uploaded a byte so far but report to the tracker that youve completed it... does this makes sense?
    Well,I mean by sending "download completed" report is that when you do start downloading a file,you already wait till that file really gets completed then leaves it in the seed swarm hoping anyone would connect to you & recieves your seed (I'm talking normal torrenting without using any fakers)...so the important point that you wait till you have 100% downloaded the whole torrent files,right ? so I'm saying why not some one just code a function that when used sends the "download completed" report to the tracker as if I already finished downloading,then leaves the file set on certain fake seeding settings so that you most likely fake seed all the time + fake report the download to the tracker without even touching your HDD
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    so I'm saying why not some one just code a function that when used sends the "download completed" report to the tracker as if I already finished downloading,then leaves the file set on certain fake seeding settings so that you most likely fake seed all the time + fake report the download to the tracker without even touching your HDD
    1. if you mean sending just the completed flag, then faking upload, it's exactly like vDD+wR just said...
    2. if you mean also faking all the &downloaded=xxxxx announces that you'd normally do during a real download, that's a feature we don't yet have. It could be implemented later, though.
    Thanks

That'd be also very hard to code imho.
    Anyway, I think vDD+wR meant it wouldn't be wise to send a completed flag without downloading the file. Not uploading

Just wanna get this straight so Aurion won't get confused even more
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (14.10.08) , anon (14.10.08)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Anyway, I think vDD+wR meant it wouldn't be wise to send a completed flag without downloading the file. Not uploading
    Could be both, since unless you start faking upload with that same &event=completed announce, you'd be sending &uploaded=0&downloaded=0. This is completing the torrent having downloaded or uploaded anything - very obvious, the point of his post.
    At least this is how I see it, let's wait for his answer...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas
    Anyway, I think vDD+wR meant it wouldn't be wise to send a completed flag without downloading the file.
    exactly, because if you havent downloaded anything so far, but claim to have completed the file, it could be very easy for the tracker to detect you as a cheater...
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

anon (14.10.08)

Could be both, since unless you start faking upload with that same &event=completed announce, you'd be sending &uploaded=0&downloaded=0. This is completing the torrent having downloaded or uploaded anything - very obvious, the point of his post.
    At least this is how I see it, let's wait for his answer...
    Ah, I'm sorry, but I didn't get it...

Why should it be important to fake upload before sending a download completed flag? If there are e.g. 0 leechers you won't be able to upload anything... or if a torrent consists of partial seeders

I mean the main point is that it is very suspicious to complete a torrent without downloading a bit... but finishing a torrent without upload isn't suspicious at all...

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39439
    For those cases, you're completely right.

But it could get a bit suspicious indeed if there were, say, 10 seeders and 40 peers (that aren't partial seeders); in the vast majority of cases you should have uploaded at least a bit... I was just mentioning the outlook of things in that case since I always try to enumerate all possible detection vectors, but I of course forgot to say that in cases like the one you mentioned not having uploaded isn't suspicious.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast