Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of the members here is a skulking spy!!

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I'll post my outlook of the situation.

First of all, nobody was going to ban you from here having exposed your arguments for thinking about the "spy" thing clearly, and without breaking rule 8, like you've done. Here at SB-I your opinion will always be respected at the very least - even if others don't agree with it (having reasons for that, like in this case, or not) -, if you give yourself grounds to be respected.

It's bad that you've lost two accounts, man. I understand your frustration.

When I first read about you thinking someone from here could be a spy, I thought you meant a 0-poster or someone with very few posts looking at your (and others') posts (after all, we're quite known in the tracker "scene", and I can assure you tracker admins drop by here every now and then), but not a VIP or Moderator. Bear in mind that, like Rebound said, only a very few select staff members in a position of trust have access to others' IPs - it'd be stupid to let all the effort they've done to achieve this go to hell to snitch on a tracker/invite board, right? And our Mods have pretty much started the board and keep it running, so I could say the same about them "reporting" you and countering their own forum's efforts.

It could be possible that such a "spy" with no posts has seen yours and compared your posting style with the one you've used at I-Z's - have you done the same things as with your posts here (for example, using {}'s and italics inside them) at that board?
    If you'd rather don't disclose this in public, you can PM me.

hitman has also posted a true fact - the vast majority of trackers hate us, so why reporting on you? To get something that if the "spy" used, could be traced to him for sure?

I'm glad you've embraced these points and posted an "official apology", though.
    It could possible that there's a spy at this board - but it's not one of our VIPs/Mods. Really. For sure.

@post #9 PS's: well, it is.

@Dagon: shoulder is right, the HTTP referer (yes, you've written it the right way ) is only sent if you click a link in the same page to another one. Just checked this with smsniff, and manually typing a site's URL or visiting it through a bookmark doesn't send the referer header.
    Plus, our redirect.php makes sure links stay anonymous (like with anonym.to), by using a META REFRESH tag, which avoids a direct link to other sites and again, doesn't send such header.

@post #14: after seeing the two "tips" you've given, I think I know who you mean - and it could be possible for him to be the "spy", but I'm not pointing a finger to anyone.
    Plus, at the time of this writing, he's between your last 10 profile-visitors, and you've stated: "he's not even listed in the last 10 visitors who've viewed my profile".

Ten is the maximum. Your profile can be of course viewed more than 10 times by anyone and overall, but only the last ten people that have viewed it appear in the list.

And of course tracker/other sites' admins are always around here. Like shoulder said, it's unavoidable.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

hitman (21.09.08)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Separate your cheaters life from your tracker life at all costs and you won't have to wonder who could have ratted you out when you get banned.
    Last edited by CindyVer; 21.09.08 at 20:31.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Well,first of all I'm very sorry & disappoined for what happened to ya on both sites and wish that the person who did that just rot in hell for that silly unpolite action of his,on the other hand I would like to assure you on all of my accounts over there around the web (I would bet them on those words,some people here know I can do that) that whoever did that isn't one of this great great family,never never think of that again SL,you might get confused sometimes,uncertain some other times too but not suspicious about any of hte responsible guys here @ SB-I,we are one family my friend,you already knew that from day 1 I guess,you still can question what happened to ya,that's your absolute right,but don't think that mods/staff did that,never do that,we will help including myself to be dedicated to know about that guy,and if necessary (on mods approval),punish/ban him for doing that since he's a global threat on all of us.....at last I just would like to say sorry again for your loss,and assure you as other mods/VIPs mentioned earlier that by somehow that guy managed to do that on his own & without the help or intention of any member of SB-I.........

If It turned to be one of the Mods/Staff (which is would assume way way way impossible to imagine or happen or even believe),you got my word,that I will give away all my current/future accounts on all trackers I'm in...that's it
    Thanks

DarkSpirit

Question

Hi all

After reading wat appened to SealLion, I am thinking... well... it could be a idiot question... but...

Hmm, Is it possible to other site to open and get info from the Cookie "xxx@sb-innovation.txt" or, at last see if it exists in the user's PC?

Could it be a way to ban a user from some tracker site?

anyway is better to logout here and delet Cookies before accessing tracker sites.

Retired Staff
    P2P Client
    (keinen)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2177
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpirit View Post
    After reading wat appened to SealLion, I am thinking... well... it could be a idiot question... but...

Hmm, Is it possible to other site to open and get info from the Cookie "xxx@sb-innovation.txt" or, at last see if it exists in the user's PC?

Could it be a way to ban a user from some tracker site?

anyway is better to logout here and delet Cookies before accessing tracker sites.
    Normaly not. Your browser allow only the visited site to see their own cookie.

Maybe one out of the tracker stuff read here without registration.

best regards
    v6ph1
    Multibootsysteme einrichten
    Apple: Da ist der Wurm drin.
    Der Klügere gibt nach. Deshalb wird die Welt auch von Dummen regiert.
    Das Volumen einer Pizza mit Radius z und Höhe a ist gleich Pi·z·z·a
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

anon (01.10.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    @DarkSpirit: that's not possible unless you got a Malware,Spyware or Trojan that sends personal tracking coockies to certain targets...so it would be an IP stealthing part if well said,that got SeaLion busted
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    No. Its none of the above mentioned that got me banned. I know what it was.

Is it possible to close this thread??

I can't seem to do it in 'thread tools'
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Is it possible to close this thread??

I can't seem to do it in 'thread tools'
    Only VIPs and Mods can close threads.

Anyway, it's now closed.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."