Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome (FINAL)

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    So officially we have an Ad-Blocker root file that would perfeclty suit Chrome...isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron & implementing it into a newer updated versio
    of course it wouldnt be the best way of implementing new features into CHrome by stealing the ideas of others, but thats the problem when 2 similar products are developed under the open source licence...
    maybe this is even what Google has hoped to happen - that someone would program a copy of it so that they just have to apply the useful functions and take the credits for it...
    but nevertheless you dont have to use Chrome because you have the choice between the two, and even if you use Chrome (because of whatever reason ) you can always use tools as unchrome at first in order to disarm Chrome!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anon (14.10.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Yeah...whatever,still Google are too smart to pull grips into such a Successful product as Chrome for it's first annual birth...so I guess leaving the source code opened is the best way for them to just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Thanks vDD!

That's good to hear. Ad-blockers are quite necessary these days as a lot of pages have a lot of advertising, which slows down browsing and disrupts reading the content itself - I'm personally fine with Google text ads, layers and maybe normal size banners, but not with pop-ups/unders that are as big as my screen or "flying" ads, annoyances that seem to plague quite some of my daily-visited sites.
    Adding such a feature to Iron when Chrome doesn't have it means another proponent for using it instead of Google's version, even if it isn't too customizable from the browser's GUI at the moment.
    Now, having it in Chrome's next update will be less of a surprise... lol

Quote Originally Posted by vDD+wR View Post
    but nevertheless you dont have to use Chrome because you have the choice between the two, and even if you use Chrome (because of whatever reason ) you can always use tools as unchrome at first in order to disarm Chrome!
    That's true, but remember UnChrome can't remove some of the privacy intrusions that are hardcoded in Chrome's EXE (like URL-tracking) - the unique ID and timestamp are stored as plaintext in a separate text file.

@Aurion: what? Remember it was Iron that came up with the ad-blocker first... and regarding a "fully functional browser empty of bugs and tracking IDs", that's what Google would less want right now in their Chrome.
    Last edited by anon; 14.10.08 at 22:14.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    hey anon,don't you understand jargon ? my words were local US english man,I meant what you just said,I know for sure that creators or Iron are the first who offered such a cleaning wizard for bad Chrome's tracking IDs left behind due to browsing...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron & implementing it into a newer updated version
    This is what "remember it was Iron that came up with the ad-blocker first" was addressed at, Google hasn't yet stolen Iron's ad-blocker...

so I guess leaving the source code opened is the best way for them to just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs
    And this is what "that's what Google would less want right now in their Chrome" was addressed at: Google doesn't want a tracking-free browser
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Yeah, Chrome is nice & easy, but for me it doesn't outweigh the new Firerox. : )
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Firerox? Well, it rocks indeed
    I'm staying with my old browser (Opera) too. But I may consider switching to Chrome/Iron because of its speed when more features are implemented. For now it isn't as tweakable as FF or Op
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    This is what "remember it was Iron that came up with the ad-blocker first" was addressed at, Google hasn't yet stolen Iron's ad-blocker...
    damn man I can't believe that you don't understand what I say...it's plain english dude...I didn't mention anything related to Google stealing Iron's Idea....

And this is what "that's what Google would less want right now in their Chrome" was addressed at: Google doesn't want a tracking-free browser
    Also didn't mean that Google do want a tracking ID engine...

All I meant that Google is very happy having other people implement & fix bugs that they failed at removing them....get the Job Done without moving a finger
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    damn man I can't believe that you don't understand what I say...it's plain english dude...I didn't mention anything related to Google stealing Iron's Idea....
    So officially we have an Ad-Blocker root file that would perfeclty suit Chrome...isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron........

Also didn't mean that Google do want a tracking ID engine...
    That's right:
    just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs

All I meant that Google is very happy having other people implement & fix bugs that they failed at removing them....get the Job Done without moving a finger
    Yes, I'm sure this is what you meant

It's just that by the looks of your other posts it didn't seem so, that's all...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    it's OK man,here :

isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron
    I didn't mean that Google did steal,but instead they should have stolen that idea to enhance their new product...

and here :

just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs
    I meant,that they should have learned from Iron & implemented the both sweaping ID tracing & ad-blocking engines also to enhance & get a better version of Chrome
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    I didn't mean that Google did steal,but instead they should have stolen that idea to enhance their new product...
    Yes, put that way you're right.

I meant,that they should have learned from Iron & implemented the both sweaping ID tracing & ad-blocking engines also to enhance & get a better version of Chrome
    Or even better, the tracking ID should have never been there in the first place...

OK, now we have understood each other, I suggest we go back to the original topic.

Update

Chrome's Dev Release 0.3.154.3 is out. Only the source code is available ATM.
    This is the full changelog:

Release Notes 0.3.154.3
    Oct 15, 2008 5:04 PM posted by Mark Larson

Reminder: please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues .

The release contains mostly bug fixes for 0.3.154.0, but it also introduces a new behavior for downloading files that could be executable content:

• r3285 Changes the download behavior for files that could execute code (exe, dll, bat, etc.). These files are now downloaded to unconfirmed_*.download files. In the browser, you're asked if you want to accept the download. Only after you click Save is the unconfirmed_*.download file converted to the real file name. Unconfirmed downloads are deleted when Google Chrome exits.

Other Notable Changes

User Interface

• r3177, r3207 Enables sorting columns in the password manager, the list of URLs to load at startup, and the Google Chrome task manager. (Issue 2949, 95)
    • r3180 Adds a command line switch to start the browser in incognito mode. Thanks to Yarin.Kaul@gmail.com for the contribution. (Issue 1790, 2012)
    • r3189 Fixes the new bookmark bubble so that pressing enter with focus on the Edit button actually opens the editor. Thanks to developer0420@gmail.com for the fix. (Issue 2863)
    • r3209 Changes the text in the About dialog to link to credits for other open source software used in Google Chrome and to the Terms of Service.
    • r3264 Adds support for extended validation (EV) certificates issued ssued by Comodo using the AddTrust root. (Issue 2170)

Plugins

• r3211 Fixes a problem with videos stopping after 1 second (Issue 115)
    • r3272 Allows plugins to post forms (for example, Adobe Reader forms). (Issue 629)
    • r3276 Adds better support for Windows Media player, specifically improving detection for that plugin at bloomberg.com. (Issue 2846)
    • r3327 Runs plugins at a normal priority so that they do not cause the browser to become unresponsive.

JavaScript/Web API

• r3198 Optimizes the content-type detector ('MIME sniffer') to do fewer, more reliable checks based on data collected during the Google Chrome Beta.
    • r3231 Fixes a problem with page content disappearing behind plugin windows. For example, when you type a search on a page playing a YouTube video, the search suggestions stay visible instead of going behind the video window. (Issue 1788)
    • r3269 Change the minimum timer resolution for setTimeout() to 4 milliseconds (up from 1ms). At 1ms, some pages would spin in tight loops and consume 100% of CPU.

Crashes in 154.0

• r3172 Fixes a crash when using the spell check Add to dictionary... function. (Issue 3039)
    • r3278 Fixes a browser crash on tablet PCs running Microsoft Windows Vista.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (16.10.08) , Aurion (16.10.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Good we did Btw,nice fast find...the Log looks a bit better than the old one,also a couple of crash courses are resolved I guess that already reported by most users when the very first release got out
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    The unconfirmed_*.download addition is specially a good security feature: this way they make sure that even if executables were downloaded transparently to the user's computer, they become harder to run as you couldn't click the Save button to rename them to .exe/.dll/.bat.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    That sounds a nice feature covering their last butthole so hopefully nothing goes wrong with such a new implementation since sometimes,a downloaded excutable might work in some weird ways operating in the background while the Victim (PC user) i shaving a nice bath
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    You're right with that:
    Say you were downloading a 300MB SFX rip of a game, but as you had other tabs open/things to do, forget to click "Save".
    The game keeps on downloading in the background. But you have to leave your computer for a while/etc.
    Since Chrome deletes unconfirmed_*.download files you haven't clicked "Save" for on exit, say you come back and the 300 MBs have been downloaded, but you again forget about this and close Chrome. You'd lose the whole download and have to start all over again...
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast