Thread: Reduce memory usage Azureus/Vuze SB-I

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    This is a bit like a person saying todays temperature will be exactly in the range of 8oC and 15.7oC and then you replying to that person say "you're a genius if you get it right". Sorry I had to say this one
    jk lol
    Ha-ha, good one. Made me laugh first time today Yeah, I know I have to upgrade memory, with costs nowadays it'd do me most good with minimal cash output. But I won't have really time to mess around with all this until summer, so that's why I'm looking for workarounds right now. I'd really love to only use Azureus. At least seeding stuff actually works the way one sets it up with Az, uT pretty much lives its own life in that regard.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeezz View Post
    At least seeding stuff actually works the way one sets it up with Az, uT pretty much lives its own life in that regard.
    I thought it Azureus was the infamous one given its default queueing settings
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I thought it Azureus was the infamous one given its default queueing settings

What can I say. Take single files, ie uploaded new episodes of running TV shows. With uT I quite often have the problem of either 1) torrent seeding for some time and afterwards just sits there, with nothing happening - week passes but I don't even have 1:1 ratio yet, 2) though that happened quite some time ago, not anymore now, uT randomly kept torrents that hadn't gathered needed ratio yet qued, and well, once they were active again, look point 1 above, and 3) For reasons unknown to me, uT seems to choose some new torrents and seed the f out of them, like 3+ or even 4+ ratio, basically above and beyond what one could hope; but why doesn't it do it for each file, why does it so randomly neglect some. I've never understood.

in Az, on another hand, I set the exact ratio and the program starts to work towards those files that haven't reached the aim yet, no exceptions.

Dunno, perhaps I'm doing something terribly wrong with uT, but after several years of using it and trying a lot of different configurations, it's doubtful.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Dunno, perhaps I'm doing something terribly wrong with uT, but after several years of using it and trying a lot of different configurations, it's doubtful.
    I'm assuming you used the same max. connection settings, upload slots, etc. on both clients?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I'm assuming you used the same max. connection settings, upload slots, etc. on both clients?
    Indeed I did, yes.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Oh well, updates...

Doesn't seem to work out for me. 30 torrents seeding now, and Az seems to sit at 100MB, even little bit more at times.

Hrm, and now it jumped down to 88-9. I don't get it, at all. Does this suggested config still maintain the size somehow?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Does this suggested config still maintain the size somehow?
    It does, but if Azureus needs more RAM for its operations I guess Java simply can't deny it. But memory usage would probably be higher without the tweaks.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuz
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    Quote Originally Posted by Logitech View Post
    9. create a link that calls Azureus.exe -J-Xmx64m to launch Azureus with a JVM heap size that's restricted to 64MB

9.1. Create a shortcut
    9.2. Right click on the shortcut and then properties.
    9.3. Then in the target box do Azureus.exe -J-Xmx64m just like in the picture below.

After you did it just restart Azureus.
    hi guys, I am just wondering if the above needs to be updated to the latest vuze SB-1 version as I don't c a file called Azureus.l4j.ini in the program folder only this Azureus.exe.vmoptions.

another thing, I guess the safepeer plugin is no longer supported as per https://plugins.vuze.com/plugin_deta...lugin=safepeer
    I don't know, I thought I should mention it.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678