Thread: Court dismisses case challenging warrantless, secret e-mail searches

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1391

Court dismisses case challenging warrantless, secret e-mail searches

The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals last week dismissed on procedural grounds a case involving the constitutionality of warrantless no-notice searches of e-mail messages stored by an Internet service provider.

In doing so, the court left unanswered the question of whether the Fourth Amendment requires the U.S. government to obtain warrants based on reasonable cause before it can compel e-mail service providers to secretly turn over a person's email records.

The case involves an Ohio man, Steven Warshak, who in February was convicted by a jury on 93 counts of mail and wire fraud, money laundering, and other federal offenses. Warshak ran a Cincinnati-based company called Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals Inc., which marketed, distributed and sold herbal supplements. The conviction followed an FBI probe that began in 2005, when Warshak's company was suspected of making false and misleading advertising claims, misrepresentation and various other fraudulent practices.
    Court dismisses case challenging warrantless, secret e-mail searches

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

hitman (17.07.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    lol its happening here guys,they are preparing for their major strike !! but this time they played the whole thing right ,check that out "warrants based on reasonable cause before it can compel e-mail service providers to secretly turn over a person's email records." ---> in that case u all know what they will do to have that reasonable cause to obtain mails records on daily basis maybe then have position of any evidences to sue anyone for any crimes they dream of
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    "In doing so, the court left unanswered the question of whether the Fourth Amendment requires the U.S. government to obtain warrants based on reasonable cause.........."

sometimes the winning move is not to play, huh government?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    yeah just pretending honesty & innocent LOL thats why I still hate Political Issues
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread