P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1391

EBay scores victory in Internet trademark case

N
    EW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - EBay Inc scored a major legal victory on Monday when a federal judge absolved it of taking more steps to police fake Tiffany jewelry sold on its website and held that brand owners are ultimately responsible for protecting their own trademarks.

All of Tiffany's trademark infringement claims against eBay were rejected -- a knockout blow to the four-year-old lawsuit that had been closely watched by Internet companies as well as luxury goods makers seeking to stop the sale of counterfeit products online. The ruling is expected to be appealed.

Tiffany & Co had alleged that eBay turned a blind eye to the sale of fake Tiffany silver jewelry on its site. EBay countered it was not in a position to determine which goods were knock-offs of the prestigious New York brand and had said the jeweler did not adequately participate in eBay's programs that help brand owners prevent fraud.
    EBay scores victory in Internet trademark case | U.S. | Reuters

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

hitman (15.07.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    hmm,interesting since eBay is the Major selling website around the world,maybe some people use their hosting servers for selling any illegal merchandise (u know terrorists & so )
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    remember the controversy when human organs had started being sold @ ebay and stuff... i'd say fake jewelry isn't too much of an issue compared to that
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    yeah that happened long time ago even before what so called eBay come to birth,now you can expect more than that,just wait to see an AK47 with pimped bullets
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread