+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do you host a website securely and privately?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    07.01.23
    Location
    Île Sainte-Marie
    P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Posts
    73
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss73

    How do you host a website securely and privately?

    1. Let's say in the future I wanted to host a website that might contain links to content or media that could be considered questionable. How would I go about doing this? Can someone provide a high-level overview of hosting a website privately and securely?

    2. In my search to find the answer to this question, I ran a WHOIS query on a private tracker's domain and got the following result:

    Code:
    Registrar WHOIS Server:
    Registrar URL: https://internetbs.net
    Registrar: TLD Registrar Solutions Ltd.
    Registrar IANA ID: 1564
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Organization: OrangeWebsite.com
    Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    This is what's confusing to me. The registrant is listed as OrangeWebsite.com, but from what I can gather from visiting their website, they seem to be a domain registrar and hosting provider. Is it possible to make a less-than-reputable registrar like OrangeWebsite.com to register a domain name on your behalf using another registrar?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  2. #2
    buttnudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    26.06.24
    Location
    Romania/Italy
    P2P Client
    rtorrent/rutorrent
    Posts
    22
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 sssssss22
    For politically and ethically questionable content your best bet is to do research on what Daily Stormer and KiwiFarms use. For everything else, I would recommend Tor. Everything will eventually go down given enough attention especially once a problem becomes a legal problem. It all depends on what exactly you're trying to do to be honest.
    Last edited by buttnudge; 27.06.24 at 13:25.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  3. #3
    Member cloud99's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.04.17
    Location
    Earth
    P2P Client
    qBittorrent, BiglyBT Mod, mRatio and RatioMaster +
    Posts
    354
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss354
    Quote Originally Posted by averageHomoSapien View Post
    1. Let's say in the future I wanted to host a website that might contain links to content or media that could be considered questionable. How would I go about doing this? Can someone provide a high-level overview of hosting a website privately and securely?
    I would suggest you just accumulate the links and use a VPN with zero logs + Tor to store them in paste bin similar websites on the dark web. You can then share them.

    Don't start a website as you're asking for lawsuits headed your way. No matter how careful you are there's always going to be a slip up maybe not now but ten years down the line and then you're in trouble. You may think that others get away with this but you haven't walked a mile in their shoes so neither you or I know what challenges they face on a daily basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by averageHomoSapien View Post
    2. In my search to find the answer to this question, I ran a WHOIS query on a private tracker's domain and got the following result:

    Code:
    Registrar WHOIS Server:
    Registrar URL: https://internetbs.net
    Registrar: TLD Registrar Solutions Ltd.
    Registrar IANA ID: 1564
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Organization: OrangeWebsite.com
    Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    This is what's confusing to me. The registrant is listed as OrangeWebsite.com, but from what I can gather from visiting their website, they seem to be a domain registrar and hosting provider.
    Most hosting providers have this protection know as Domain Privacy Protection. It protects your info from being saved in WhoIS databases. Read more here: -

    Code:
    https://www.hostinger.in/tutorials/is-domain-privacy-worth-it
    Quote Originally Posted by averageHomoSapien View Post
    Is it possible to make a less-than-reputable registrar like OrangeWebsite.com to register a domain name on your behalf using another registrar?
    I believe you can hire people on the Fiverr to do all this illegal stuff for you but then again you face the problem of getting scammed or worse busted via proxy. If you're up for the challenge and the consequences I would recommend you find others who run similar setups as you're looking for and get a little advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by buttnudge View Post
    For everything else, I would recommend Tor.
    I don't believe Tor is safe either. I keep reading news about drug, illegal porn, hacking, scamming etc dark web sites being taken down and people being identified and facing charges against them. If you're looking for the source of the news article lookup TheOnion.
    Last edited by cloud99; 29.06.24 at 18:00.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  4. #4
    buttnudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    26.06.24
    Location
    Romania/Italy
    P2P Client
    rtorrent/rutorrent
    Posts
    22
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 sssssss22
    I don't believe Tor is safe either. I keep reading news about drug, illegal porn, hacking, scamming etc dark web sites being taken down and people being identified and facing charges against them. If you're looking for the source of the news article lookup TheOnion.
    I feel like hosting static sites on tor is not that bad if you look at the protocol and all of the options available. For everything else I agree but in a lot of example, especially recently a lot of people get compromised by silly stuff.

    I'm sorry isn't TheOnion a joke site ? This TheOnion ? https://www.theonion.com/analysts-bi...lin-1851566723
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Member cloud99's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.04.17
    Location
    Earth
    P2P Client
    qBittorrent, BiglyBT Mod, mRatio and RatioMaster +
    Posts
    354
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss354
    Quote Originally Posted by buttnudge View Post
    I'm sorry isn't TheOnion a joke site ? This TheOnion ? https://www.theonion.com/analysts-bi...lin-1851566723
    It sure is. The news is real just the writing is funny. That's why I signed up for the newsletter.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Elite
    DarkSaibot v.1.3.10's Avatar
    Join Date
    15.11.08
    Location
    Black Flag
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Posts
    1,769
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1769
    where do you live?
    for the rest is easy
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •