+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After getting ban in RED interviewing, can this be lifted?

After getting ban in RED interviewing, can this be lifted?

I interviewed with RED few years ago. i (stupid me) copied in one of the questions and as a result of that i failed. 5 years later i have tried to interview again and once i queued and talked to a mod through the red-invites channel, i got a permanent ban for cheating. Do you know if there is a way for me to release the ban, and how? if not, does this ban apply only for interviewing or can i join through other channels (e.g. through OPS invite forum)? Or where could i talk to red staff to get those questions answered?

Thanks!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

amalx
    ggn have an invite thread

my issue is not how to reach red, what i want to know is if ther will be a potential problem if i reach red through an invite (to me and potentially to whoever invited me)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    4/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 sssssss70
    Quote Originally Posted by avaith View Post
    my issue is not how to reach red, what i want to know is if ther will be a potential problem if i reach red through an invite (to me and potentially to whoever invited me)
    Get a new ip address for your home connection. Use different emails, usernames and all that shit
    Last edited by averageHomoSapien; 01.07.23 at 18:37.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Forget about talking with staff and/or lifting the ban. They aren't going to waste their time with you, because they have lost nothing as far as they're concerned.

In theory this incident has no bearing on your ability to join by having an existing member invite you, but their capricious policies can make that dangerous for both parties involved anyway. My recommendation is to either follow the advice in this forum about creating a new identity and IRC client fingerprinting and try again, or reach a RED recruitment thread somewhere.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

avaith (01.07.23)

Thanks for the advice, will try to find the ladder through another tracker. I am worried about messing up with creating a new identity and try to interview again. They emphasize a lot for you to answer if you have already interviewed with them etc, and I am concerned I would be making a bigger mess if for some reason i make anything wrong and they link my details back with the previous ones
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    4/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 sssssss70
    Quote Originally Posted by avaith View Post
    Thanks for the advice, will try to find the ladder through another tracker. I am worried about messing up with creating a new identity and try to interview again. They emphasize a lot for you to answer if you have already interviewed with them etc, and I am concerned I would be making a bigger mess if for some reason i make anything wrong and they link my details back with the previous ones
    Why go through all this trouble to join RED anyway? OPS is far better in terms of economy and the people there are nice too.
    Thanks

OPS is very nice indeed, yes. my impression was that RED has a bigger catalogue and better opportunity for recruitment based on the recruitment graph. and considering you could cross seed your uploads in OPS->RED it sounded for me a good approach
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by averageHomoSapien View Post
    Why go through all this trouble to join RED anyway?
    Same reason as everyone else.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssssss38
    Not very on-topic, but related to the tracker question.
    How much of Anti-cheating power Red has (ratio cheating)?
    Are they on par with what WhatCD was back in the day?
    I have an opportunity to join through other tracker recruitment, but I don't want to mess the other account or get a global ban if anything happened.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kane View Post
    How much of Anti-cheating power Red has (ratio cheating)?
    Are they on par with what WhatCD was back in the day?
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=33047 suggests they have some anti-cheat detection, but not on the same level. Keep in mind What.cd was online for longer and predated Spotify, gigabit seedboxes, the required ratio system (which they introduced on 2010) and freeleech tokens. This gave them more time and reasons to perfect their scripts than RED.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread