+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evading Inactivity Purges on Trackers

Evading Inactivity Purges on Trackers

What is the best way to automatically evade inactivity purges on private trackers? Running a script to open a browser and login on the site is one way, but is there a better option?

I see rTorrent has the option to automatically login at certain intervals; will this be counted as activity on trackers? What about other trackers unsupported by rTorrent?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Lucas Kane (14.02.23)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Create a separate browser profile for trackers. Autologin ("remember me", do not "restrict session to my IP", etc.) to your accounts, then add everything to the list of tabs to open on startup. Open at least once a month.

Seeding and API hits do not count as activity on this regard. On trackers with no API support (i.e. most), Jackett does page scraping and therefore should reset your inactivity timer, but I'd still recommend the method above.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Lucas Kane (14.02.23)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Note: A few trackers use torrent and website activity together to judge account activity, e.g. HD-only requires 1+ DL per 3 months, or HDT requires 15+ GB DLs per quarter, on which simply opening the website regularly is not enough to evade inactivity purges, so better check the rules site by site, though luckily, such trackers are rare.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.02.23)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Good call. HDBits also asks to maintain a monthly average over the course of the current year. But note how all our examples are HD trackers - given the size of encodes, most should have no problem meeting these quotas unless in a situation where they can't use the account at all, I think. (4 GB TV episodes, what a great time to be alive...)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (21.02.23)

+ Reply to Thread