+ Fix Tracker Update Interval Divider

+ Use Swarm Peers fixed

+ Updated core to BiglyBT 3.3.0.0

BiglyBT Change Log:
      BiglyBT Change Log
      Vuze Change Log
      Installation:

Windows

1. Download the latest OpenJDK Java. It must be Java version 15 or higher. (JDK GA Release).
      2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download). Do not open BiglyBT after installation.
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT! You must export your torrents. Copying or exporting / importing old configurations will not work.
      4. Extract the hack files using 7-Zip (7-Zip Download) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT) and overwrite ALL files.
      5. Delete the "jre" folder in %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
      6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 1 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
      7. Rename the extracted "jdk-XX" folder to "jre".
      8. Run Notepad and open %APPDATA%\BiglyBT\java.vmoptions (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT\java. vmoptions), append the following lines:
      Code:
      --patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http=ALL-UNNAMED
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https=ALL-UNNAMED
      --add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED
      -Dorg.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true
      9. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

macOS
      1. Download and install the latest Java. It must be Java version 15 or higher. (JDK GA Release). Note the path to the OpenJDK archive downloaded. You will need it for step 5.
      2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
      4. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to /Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt and overwrite ALL files.

NOTE: To see the folder in Finder, you may need to perform the following steps:
      4a. Open Terminal
      4b. Run the following command:
      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
      4c. Hold the "Option/Alt" key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch
      4d. Once you have copied the files, you can revert to hiding folders with:
      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
      5. Open up a Terminal and run the following commands. NOTE: You need to replace "PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" in the first command to the path to the OpenJDK archive from step 1.
      Code:
      OPENJDK_ARCHIVE="PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE"
      sudo rm -r "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
      sudo tar -xzf "$OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" -C "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/"
      sudo mv "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jdk-"* "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
      echo -e "\n--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "-Dorg.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      6. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Linux
      NOTE: Based on Ubuntu 20.04
      1. Install the latest OpenJDK and libjna package from your distro's package repository. On Ubuntu 20.04 this is openjdk-15-jre and libjna-java.
      NOTE: Some distros do not have an OpenJDK of version 9 or greater available. In which case, you will need to download and extract the tar.gz package supplied by OpenJDK (JDK GA Release).
      Code:
      sudo apt install openjdk-15-jre libjna-java
      2. Download the latest non-beta BiglyBT release and make it executable (BiglyBT - Download).
      Code:
      wget https://files.biglybt.com/installer/BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      chmod +x BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
      4. Run the installer, specifying app_java_home variable to your JRE folder. On Ubuntu, this is: /usr/lib/jvm/java-15-openjdk-amd64/
      Code:
      app_java_home="/usr/lib/jvm/java-15-openjdk-amd64/" ./BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      5. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to "~/biglybt" (/home/<username>/biglybt)
      Code:
      unzip -o BiglyBT_*.zip -d ~/biglybt
      6. Append the following VM options:
      Code:
      echo "--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "-Dorg.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      7. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
      Before posting problems please make sure:
      1. You have updated Java in the "jre" folder to the latest version (must be Java 15 or higher) (JDK GA Release]).
      2. You have uninstalled BiglyBT using the uninstaller.
      3. You have removed the BiglyBT Application folder:
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\BiglyBT (Windows x64)
      C:\Program Files (x86)\BiglyBT (Windows x86)
      /Applications/BiglyBT (macOS)
      ~/biglybt / /home/<username>/biglybt (Linux)
      4. You have removed the BiglyBT Settings folder:
      NOTE: THIS WILL RESET ALL BIGLYBT SETTINGS AND TORRENT LISTS
      Code:
      %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BiglyBT (Windows XP - Application Data may be Hidden)
      %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT (Windows Vista - AppData may be Hidden)
      /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/BiglyBT (macOS)
      ~/.biglybt / /home/<username>/.biglybt (Linux)
      5. Reinstalled BiglyBT using the package from BiglyBT - Download.
      6. Re-applied the hack by following the installation instructions above.

Portable Mode:
      Portable mode is now built into BiglyBT / Vuze. See wiki article: Portable Vuze.

Enjoy!

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

-->
      • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

deneme444 (08.05.23) , wbz22951 (01.05.23) , giginhaios (11.04.23) , BrianBosworth (14.03.23) , eMuLeecheR (27.02.23) , TonySad (20.02.23) , eragooo (12.02.23) , Paranormal (12.02.23) , JohnWick (09.02.23) , taki090 (07.02.23) , Lucas Kane (05.02.23) , Snitlev (03.02.23) , qUeLo (03.02.23) , anon (03.02.23) , lil-fella (02.02.23) , mmmmm (02.02.23)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Use BEncode Editor to delete all related values from the .config files
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Greetings,

The application seems really nice. After using uTorrent Expansion SBI Leecher Pack for many years, I am looking for a new application due to the HDD 100% load issue and low download speed. BiglyBT Extreme Mod has a lot of detailed options, which is great.

Some settings are very clear and understandable, but there are some parts that I don't understand, such as what the Proleech section is for.

Is there an article or user manual available that explains the features of the application's settings?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

deneme444 (11.05.23)

hi @everyone,

i have an issue with the fake upload "speed mode++"

after activating "fake report to tracker systems" and the mentioned "speed mode++" i am not able to set the fake upload speed. the whole line to change the fake upload speed simply stays greyed out and i can't enter anything and hence i am stuck with a fake upload of 15 - 20 kb.

even weirder is the fact when i activate "use the swarm's average speed as fake upload speed" the line that stayed greyed out before - the one to set fake up speed - all of a sudden becomes active and i can enter stuff in there but it does have no effect, since the swarm speed is zero and so no fake upload is happening.

i find it kinda weird that the line concerning fake upload speed even becomes active after picking swarm speed, because those two options together don't seem to make much sense...

so any ideas why i can't set the fake upload speed when i activate fake report to tracker?
    and is there any settings.cfg or something where i could try to set the speed instead of trying to set it via the UI in case there is no other solution?

i used the mod a couple of years ago (2.4.0.0) and never had an issue, hence i also think i am not overlooking any settings but one can never know...
    Last edited by shadow611; 14.05.23 at 18:51.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    • If you enable Speed Mode++, the two text fields that define the minimum and maximum fake upload speed become editable.
    • If you enable "Use the swarm's average speed as fake upload speed", only the second field will be editable, as it's used to set a cap on the swarm speed.

This is the expected behavior and I'm observing it correctly, on both global and per-torrent Extreme Mod settings, with Java 15 and 19 (version 20 breaks the Perfect Spoof as mentioned in page 2 and should currently be avoided). The problem you describe used to be a known bug, but was fixed several versions ago. I can only recommend a clean install.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    This is the expected behavior and I'm observing it correctly, on both global and per-torrent Extreme Mod settings, with Java 15 and 19 (version 20 breaks the Perfect Spoof as mentioned in page 2 and should currently be avoided). The problem you describe used to be a known bug, but was fixed several versions ago. I can only recommend a clean install.
    thx, i did a clean install and while doing so i also found some leftover files and registry entries of an older java install and deleted them as well... as of right now everything seems to work as it should
    Thanks

Hello, I'm still exploring the application and in the learning phase.

I have a question that's been bothering me. I understand that BiglyBT should not be updated (ever) for Extreme Mode to work properly, is that correct? How should I handle the update for BiglyBT when it becomes available?

Also, regarding the screenshots below, is it an application update or a plugin update? Should I apply the update?

Attachment 21520

Attachment 21521
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by deneme444 View Post
    I understand that BiglyBT should not be updated (ever) for Extreme Mode to work properly, is that correct? How should I handle the update for BiglyBT when it becomes available?
    Just wait until a new version of the mod is posted here and then update manually.

Also, regarding the screenshots below
    Looks like you'll have to reupload those.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

deneme444 (16.05.23)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss3
    Biglybt constantly goes from 0 to 2~3% cpu usage, there are ~100 torrents added but they are all in the "stopped" state, not a single one active (nor fake seeding), is this a Biglybt thing or something to do with the mod? Anyone with a similar issue?
    Last edited by wbz22951; 29.05.23 at 13:57.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    It's likely the Java garbage collector or some plugin that is always active (Distributed DB, mlDHT, LAN Peer Finder, UPnP). If this is a pressing issue for you, you can enable console logging to know exactly what's going on when the mod is doing "nothing".
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

wbz22951 (29.05.23)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss3
    Didn't knew about the log thing, after disabling most plugins what remained was StartStopRules, it periodically checks all torrents to re-calculate seeding priority or something, anyway thanks for the heads up
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I killed all plugins other than Peer Injector and the mandatory ones. Start/Stop Rules can be configured to leave your torrents alone by setting absurdly high minimum seeding times and ratios and disabling all automatic actions.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123