+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NexusPHP based Private Trackers ... and 'Ktorrent' ...

P2P Client
    Ktorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11

NexusPHP based Private Trackers ... and 'Ktorrent' ...

Hi there,

I have already spent some time around Private Trackers ... and there is something ... a bit annoying ... mainly, I guess, because I don't know the 'WHY' ...

I'll try to explain myself. Probably it's not the best bittorrent client, but the one I use is 'Ktorrent' ... so far I am happy with it ... it took me some time to get familiar ... but I think now 'we' work fine together ...

The 'problem' is that sometimes I stumble upon some private trackers that do NOT tolerate 'Ktorrent' as a valid client (those based on NexusPHP). I can guess they probably have their 'reasons' ... I just would like to know them ...

Do you guys have any idea why NexusPHP based private trackers do NOT allow 'Ktorrent' as a client ?????

There are a good chunk of trackers based on 'NexusPHP' ... and it's a pity doesn't even have the chance to participate with them ... after gaining ground to get an invite or analogous entrance ...

Regards ... and ¡¡thank you!!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Interesting question. KTorrent is an established, well-behaved and highly capable client. My guess is that as far as those trackers are concerned, its userbase isn't large enough to justify the work of reviewing it (plus all future updates) to verify that it meets their whitelist standards.

If you want an alternative, I recommend rTorrent with the Flood interface. It takes time to set up, but is worth it, and you only need to do it once.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Ktorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    You're probably right ...

Although frankly, I have to admit I have some doubts ...

Maybe the ones who are not considering 'Ktorrent' are 'NexusPHP' development team ... and those (a good bunch of Private Trackers) who 'marriaged' with them ... are some kind of 'captives' to what implies their previous decision ...

Do you know what ??

I am NOT an expert user yet ... I have had time enough to learn what 'cabal' trackers are ... how 'ambitioned' or 'precious' they are ... there are some others also very appreciated and so on ...

On the other hand, I have also had some time enough to PERCEIVE how 'valious' could be a good bunch of 'USERS' ... better obviously 'seedbox users' ... ... but also 'regular' users [I've already migrated to fibre ] ... ... you can 'FEEL' it on several threads ... many posts announcing 'open registrations' , 'open signups' here and there ... ... you can feel it ... a critical mass of users is 'important' for them ...

I admit I already have left leave some trackers because they intended to 'FORCE' me to change my 'client' [the recently deceased 'TorrentDB' , 'HDTime' ... and some others ... ] ... ... I honestly would have liked to keep related to them ... but I was NOT 'allowed' to ...

There are some others ... I would be interested in 'knowing' them ... but ... ... 'NexusPHP' is between us ('M-Team' , 'CHDBits' , not sure about 'IPTorrents' , etc ... )

Either way ... it would be interesting to know if there is an specific 'reason' ... or it's simply as prosaic as 'anon' states ... plainly too few potential users ... and too much 'development' hours to adapt ...

Thank you anyway

Pd.- 'rTorrent' ??? ... I thought you 'grey' hackers prefered 'qBittorrent' ... in the coming months I'll change my 'box'; you let me no other option but to give it a good checkup ...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansho View Post
    I admit I already have left leave some trackers because they intended to 'FORCE' me to change my 'client' [the recently deceased 'TorrentDB' , 'HDTime' ... and some others ... ] ... ... I honestly would have liked to keep related to them ... but I was NOT 'allowed' to ...
    Well, I suppose you can request for it to be allowed on the tracker's forums Whitelists are necessary since many clients don't upload, don't implement protocol specifications correctly or simply are complete garbage (e.g. Xunlei), but KTorrent isn't one of those.

There are some others ... I would be interested in 'knowing' them ... but ... ... 'NexusPHP' is between us ('M-Team' , 'CHDBits' , not sure about 'IPTorrents' , etc ... )
    IPT only has a set of "suggested" clients. You can use any others, but they claim they won't fix any ratio or hit & run problems if you do.

Pd.- 'rTorrent' ??? ... I thought you 'grey' hackers prefered 'qBittorrent' ... in the coming months I'll change my 'box'; you let me no other option but to give it a good checkup ...
    Most seedboxes run either rTorrent or Deluge... for good reason. The former is renowned for its speed and ability to seed thousands of torrents without trouble. Since it will run natively under Linux, there's no reason to at least give it a try.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread