+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long will SBI continue to be around?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54

How long will SBI continue to be around?

Tell me your estimates.

It's been a long time but nothing is forever. I applaud the site owners dedication to this project and i am surprised this forum still exists to this day.

It's obviously a very serious question since many huge and small torrent tracker and websites / communties / forums in general have gone defunct in the last decade.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss124
    This reminds me of another forum. One evening I was scrolling the Internet and came across one of the many World of Warcraft forums. At the time, it was 2018. The last post on the forum was dated August 2013. I checked out the thread, the last reply in the post literally read: "lol, this site will be gone in a couple of years". And so it was. Registration was closed , there were no more posts.

Speaking of SB-I, I think the forum will be around for at least 5-10 years. I want to believe that someone will continue what Anon and other pillars of the community started. It looks to me, as long as there are private trackers, there is also a need for cheating, since plenty of them have problems with ratio maintenance.

I believe the pinnacle of SB-I has been the release of MRatio. It made a lot of hype at the time and is still strong to this day. I'm in deep sorrow that nothing is known about The248, but I have high hopes that he's doing well.

Keeping any community alive is tied directly to activity. Once growth stops, SB-I would cease to exist.

(It is of course possible that, at some point, it will just become a quiet, cozy place for old friends to have a chat)
    Last edited by Mon; 27.08.22 at 20:57. Reason: typos
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (31.08.22)

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss326
    it will continue as long as there is activity/ popularity
    When you get to hell, tell em' Duke sent ya
    Thanks

I'm curious to know how big a difference is the forum aactivity now compared to say 12 years ago, or earlier?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz030 View Post
    Tell me your estimates.
    Providing any would be an exercise in futility, as no one can really know what the future holds. Just visualize those trackers and forums you mentioned and ask yourself, back on the year that turned out to be their last, how much longer did you think they'd exist for?

Anyway, everything that has a beginning has an end, but we currently have no plans to close this place, and will continue to run it for as long as its activity levels and the enjoyment we derive justify it. There's a lot of behind-the-scenes work involved in maintaining even a small community like this one, and the only reward is knowing that we helped build something, but as you can see that is good enough Regarding the site owner's dedication, I applaud it as well and have for many years, especially considering there are no donation buttons, advertisements or paid downloads of any kind.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon View Post
    Speaking of SB-I, I think the forum will be around for at least 5-10 years. I want to believe that someone will continue what Anon and other pillars of the community started. It looks to me, as long as there are private trackers, there is also a need for cheating, since plenty of them have problems with ratio maintenance.
    The need to cheat purely to avoid bans for low ratio has decreased over the years as connection speeds did the opposite, but other motivations exist. Artificially buffing stats to meet recruiters' requirements, farming bonus points to get account perks, bypassing activity thresholds (like "download at least 'x' GB per month" or "always seed at least 'y' TB") and ghostleeching to get access to exclusive content are the most frequent ones. If you check the download counters for new mods, tools and client files, the fact there's still a large demand for all of them will become self-evident.

I believe the pinnacle of SB-I has been the release of MRatio. It made a lot of hype at the time and is still strong to this day. I'm in deep sorrow that nothing is known about The248, but I have high hopes that he's doing well.
    You may find it interesting to know mRatio wasn't originally released here. The248 turned down an invitation to join us because he wanted to keep the project exclusive to its home community SpecialMods, in order to boost activity there. Unfortunately that plan didn't have long-term success, and he had to revert his stance after SM shut down. The good news is that this ultimately got us from versions 3.x to 5.4.1. (Anyone who tells you emulating multiple versions of multiple torrent clients correctly is a matter of "just editing strings" is... very wrong.)
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (31.08.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I'm curious to know how big a difference is the forum aactivity now compared to say 12 years ago, or earlier?
    You joined on July 2008 and therefore should be capable of answering that on your own One of the reasons we don't get as many daily posts as in the past is that there's little need to write them in the first place. Downloads, tutorials and the search engine are all open to the public, without even having to register. Anyone who has the discipline to read documentation before asking questions will find that after doing the former, there's nothing left to ask in most circumstances. Just to give you an idea, these are the Top 5 threads that attract the most visitors.

https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=9925 (Tracker forums that offer invites to other trackers)
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=18705 (Categorized Tutorial List)
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19749 (Tracker-Cheating: Quick-Links)
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=24715 (Noob's Friendly Guide To Cheating On Private Trackers + ( do & don't list ))
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19023 (How to reregister on trackers/hold multiple accounts)

What I'm really curious about is why 1.58% of unique users apparently run Windows 98...
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (31.08.22) , Mon (28.08.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss124
    I wish there was an option to bookmark the post, sometimes I randomly open the forum like once a year and wonder: "Damn, I saw anon posting an extremely useful tutorial here. What was its name?". Any way, this time I'll just simply bookmark it in Mozilla
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss124
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You may find it interesting to know mRatio wasn't originally released here. The248 turned down an invitation to join us because he wanted to keep the project exclusive to its home community SpecialMods, in order to boost activity there. Unfortunately that plan didn't have long-term success, and he had to revert his stance after SM shut down. The good news is that this ultimately got us from versions 3.x to 5.4.1. (Anyone who tells you emulating multiple versions of multiple torrent clients correctly is a matter of "just editing strings" is... very wrong.)
    That's an interesting piece of information here. Honestly, I didn't even know about the existence of SM. As far as I remember, I've discovered SBI back when I was a teenager and the first thing I did is used MRatio on semi-private rutracker, they were giving cool bages to the notable seeders

... and ghostleeching to get access to exclusive content are the most frequent ones.
    Isn't ghostleeching the most bannable thing though? I thought this method is completely obsolete since ghostleeching appears to be the most detectable thing that exists out there
    Last edited by Mon; 28.08.22 at 13:00. Reason: Damn, that's hard to edit these post on my phone, using desktop ver of the site
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I wish there was an option to bookmark the post, sometimes I randomly open the forum like once a year and wonder: "Damn, I saw anon posting an extremely useful tutorial here. What was its name?". Any way, this time I'll just simply bookmark it in Mozilla
    If you don't set any e-mail notifications, thread subscriptions are effectively equivalent to bookmarks. You can manage them in your control panel.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    That's an interesting piece of information here. Honestly, I didn't even know about the existence of SM.
    Their focus was eMule leecher mods. That particular scene is dead now, but was very active at the time, with new releases on a regular basis. (Shout out to pP, gokhan, umeK, Tr0nYx, system28 and everyone else I'm forgetting )

As far as I remember, I've discovered SBI back when I was a teenager and the first thing I did is used MRatio on semi-private rutracker, they were giving cool bages to the notable seeders
    I never cheated on RuTracker because there was no real need to, and was rewarded by losing all that legitimate upload when they switched to magnet links.

Isn't ghostleeching the most bannable thing though? I thought this method is completely obsolete since ghostleeching appears to be the most detectable thing that exists out there
    No, that particular award would go to flash upload. While not bulletproof, ghostleeching is fairly safe because... well, read https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=363763 onwards and find out
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    until i get married and have childrens
    so ..short answer ,until all of us reach 70-80

altough the sbi was mostly populated by trackers,fake ratio tools and so on ( wich strange enough,was the first,only and original that offers that stuff for free,with no VIP program for that) sb-i is mostly about commuunity ,that's why it will last , because you will feel always that you take part from a family not a forum
    we are " House Sb-I " the keepers of good ratio,feared by any trackers admin (expecially the those from what.cd house )
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Rupel89yt (04.09.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Maybe I should have pulled a Sad Panda and said we'd shut down in two days, just to give you all a lesson
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    I hope forever one of my favourite websites.
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

Rupel89yt (04.09.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Downloads, tutorials and the search engine are all open to the public, without even having to register. Anyone who has the discipline to read documentation before asking questions will find that after doing the former, there's nothing left to ask in most circumstances.

I rest my case.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (13.04.23) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (05.09.22) , hazz030 (04.09.22)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast